• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Now I remember why Sagna's fall seemed so familiar. Saw this in wrassle gaf the other day

ibpL0qkAkI3UaH.gif

Fergie

Banned
That Welbeck chip was perfectly executed

Did anyone else think Johnson was particularly good today? Didn;t give away any silly fouls, got forward constantly, played it smart, I think all of his dribbles were successful, and he remained very calm when he was under pressure and managed to pass it out of the back.

I think everyone played pretty well today except for the the set piece defending, which was a joke

Yeah he's good, still think Richards should be first choice for England.

Mastadon

Banned
Just catching up with MotD, thought the ref got both of the penalty decisions right to be honest. Second yellow card for Kos was bullshit though.

Suen

:lol Postiga is such a shit replacement for someone like Soldado.. Bernat and Banega have been very good though.
Yeah he's nowhere near Soldado's quality but then with the experience he's gained from all the clubs he's been to I can understand why he wouldn't want to play in Liga Adelante (or why Zaragoza wouldn't want to keep paying for him). Not sure why Valencia thought he'd be a good replacement and he's even a couple of years older. If he can put a good performance like Ruben Castro did last season it won't be a bad investment but as it looks now Banega seems to be the better of the two. Bernat has been good so far and if Jonas can capture his form from last season it should prove to be great for them.

Shagwell

BB S3E9 spoilers

I really hope Jesse and Walt go back to being semi-bros. Jesse is not very likable atm

<snip>

Have guests coming over for dinner tomorrow evening that probably won't be gone by the time the episode starts. Going to have to avoid the internet big time.
EDIT: Oh shit you're only on Season 3. Erm, never mind.

Salvadora

Thought it was interesting, the contrast between Koscielny and Wilshere today.

The later could be described as petulant and whiny at times, but he looked like he cared. Koscielny smiled when he conceded the penalty.

Yen

How much is Liverpool's budget this year, haven't they made money with transfers this year.
Broken even so far but we've been trying to make one big signing all summer - Mikhtargaryan, Papadopoulos, Costa, and now Willian.

Mastadon

Banned

The later could be described as petulant and whiny at times, but he looked like he cared. Koscielny smiled when he conceded the penalty.

I think it was more of an incredulous smile to be fair.

bobito

Banned

Most players are mercs, I think that is why arsene is keen to build that home grown spine.

flippedb

Banned
Probable formation?

I don't know what's on Allegri's mind, but I expect it to be something like the one for the match against Derthona:

Abbiati; Abate-Mexes-Silvestre-Constant; Montolivo-De Jong-Nocerino; Boateng-Balotelli-El Shaarawy.

I'd expect Nocerino and Silvestre to be replaced, by Poli and Zapata respectively. I still don't know if Mexes can play since he had a one match ban on UCL. If he can't play, the CB will most likely be Zapata and Silvestre/Zaccardo, who are shitty.

I expect PSV to score a couple, but I trust Milan to score more than them.

bobito

Banned
Broken even so far but we've been trying to make one big signing all summer - Mikhtargaryan, Papadopoulos, Costa, and now Willian.

A few millions in the black.

Still think we need two defenders and a midfielder or striker.

I hope liverpool get their player, as long as they keep on playing the kids at some point it is only good for the league.

While people like to say lolerpool etc, I think a strong arsenal, liverpool etc is good for everyone. I would like to see premier league clubs doing well in europe above all else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom