• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aspas off, Sterling on, Coutinho central pls

Coutinho cutting in from the left so far is both ineffective, and leaves Enrique, guarding the entire wing on his own

Skrtel and Lucas playing well. Not sure why we're prssing in 2-minute increments, its our best form of defense and attack.

A lot of silly challenges going in from both teams, Vidic is still brilliant

ATF487

Stream is a little behind.

Amazing first half though, United are rattled and picking up cards very quickly, we'll definitely get a sending off in the second half I think

I just wonder how long Liverpool can keep this pressing up for

sohois

Despite the poor play of United, there have been more than enough worrying defensive moments for me, particularly from set pieces. Liverpool aren't really controlling the game like they should be with Utd like this. I hope they haven't missed their chance before Moyes changes things around

Kopite

Doubt we can keep up this level of pressing for the full 90 considering we played 120 mins against Notts County. Our defending is piss as well, can see us conceding soon.

Good thing there are zero indications that we need anything more in midfield..... Jesus. United look awful in the midfield. Giggs needs to come off sooner than later.

doicare

image.php

Not sure if serious...

That's literally the complete opposite of the past few years' encounters.
United have been the better team against liverpool in most meetings.

Fry

cant believe liv are signing sakho and noses

holy shittttttttt this team will be soooogood

DJANGO UNITE

Carbonox

AHAHAHHAH Arsenal fans calling Van Persie out for acting like a cunt when he was no different at their club where it was obviously tolerable.

Go get your fookin prawn CEO to bring Francis earslikedigestives Jeffers back as a marquee signing.

Clegg

Pretty poor from us.

Plenty of possession but zero creativity. Clev and Young have to be benched for City coz they ain't good enough. Really could have done with a fit Kagawa and Rooney for this game.

We have one of the best strikers in the world but how is he supposed to score when we give him nothing to work with?

bud

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong.

I don't think we are dominating but the midfield and defence is winning alot of balls back and getting it into Young/Giggs/Welbeck but they've done nothing.

i really don't see it. i'm seeing a very poor united midfield that is practically non-existent.

i'd say it's liverpool who are controlling the game rather than united.

Sanjay

I'm surprised how well Man Utd are doing, we normally don't play well at all at Anfield when you consider we have minus two with A.Young and Giggs who should be taken off for the 2nd half.

I don't see Liverpool scoring from open play at all in the 2nd half. Only fearful during set pieces.

Lakitu

st5fu
We've been poor offensively and some slight worries in defense aswell but we're working hard enough. Hopefully we can improve in the second (sub Aspas for Sterling).

Wilbur

Banned
Agree with Viva a tad, Coutinho isn't getting on the ball too much, as shit as Cleverley and Giggs have been they're not getting utterly bullied off the ball. Its when we're getting the ball in wide areas and just breaking down that we're suffering. Welbeck's offering RVP nothing.

Don't think Liverpool have been great, mind. But they're first to everything, they're controlled and they're just playing better than us.

bud

AHAHAHHAH Arsenal fans calling Van Persie out for acting like a cunt when he was no different at their club where it was obviously tolerable.

Go get your fookin prawn CEO to bring Francis earslikedigestives Jeffers back as a marquee signing.

carbon, please understand. i've always held the same opinion regarding perseh.

someone get this hothead... OUTTA HERE.

bud

i don't think liverpool have been great either. they've had a great start, but i can't remember any truly great chances they've created after that.

they have been the better team, though.

Wilbur

Banned
I have to say I do think Gerrard's been very good. Carrick hasn't been bad but Gerrard's standing out so far for me. He, Vidic and Johnson the best players for me that first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom