• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Scum

People losing their shit in the spoiler thread about spoilers being posted :lol

5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Bungie, pls.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just wrapped it up.

I don't understand how it's possible it all went full circle again. A taxi picks her up after the car crash and apparently she's only visible to the taxi driver, evident by the fact that nobody pays any attention to her. They only tend for the body of the boy and the Jess that was stuffed in the trunk. She also got out of the car unharmed and there is a sudden colour shift from very bright and washed out colours to darker tones. Does this mean that she died and the taxi driver was her guide to take her to the other side? The other side being a loop of her last few hours on earth.

This is some Bioshock shit.

no no no there's no other side or after life IIRC (but who knows, maybe). She's just stuck in that Bermuda triangle loop. There's a brilliant detailed explanation on imdb that I read years ago, check it out!

as you can tell by the amount of bodies, necklaces and papers. She tried to go back to save her son countless of times

I hope you liked it though. I thought it was quite fun and unique.

no no no there's no other side or after life IIRC (but who knows, maybe). She's just stuck in that Bermuda triangle loop. There's a brilliant detailed explanation on imdb that I read years ago, check it out!

I hope you liked it though. I thought it was quite fun and unique.
The director left it blurry on purpose. I'm happy with my own interpretation.
"There is that, but I’ve encouraged the multiple readings of it. If you’d asked Kubrick what his reading of The Shining is, if he said to you it’s just a psychosis movie, would that that stop you feeling it’s a ghost story film? So I like the idea you have deliberate multi-layered approaches to it. Not that I’m trying to be coy. I think there are often two things happening at the same time in films, and in this movie there are three things happening.

If I say it’s a purgatory film, about a mother who dies in a crash, the taxi driver is the ferryman taking her to the afterlife, but she leaves him, tells him a lie, and as a result she gets cast into purgatory. That works in the film. However that relies on you believing in an afterlife. So the other idea is that a mother gets sick of her child and just goes out sailing for the day, leaving him the outside the school or whatever, and the guilt of what she’s done haunts her, until she eventually is looking back in on herself, philosophically, going ‘Am I a bad mum? What can I do to change that?’ We could go on and on, and they all work. I like a little bit of all of them, but I think the way I laid out the Sisyphus story [the looping purgatory of a never-ending task] gives it, at least on one level, the M. Night Shyamalan model, but I’ve left it deliberately blurry round the edges, so that a number of things work.

To me it’s a story about the return of memory as well. If she has amnesia, but she’s gradually remembering. What’s happening on the boat is she’s realising all the time that it’s her who’s the bad one, and at the end she sees it. She gets the chance to look outside herself and see herself from another’s viewpoint. If we could do that, would we go, ‘Wow, I’m a great guy!’, or would we go, ‘I’m a real xxxxxxx.’ So there’s a lot of that going on in the film as well."

The piece of random Sisyphus trivia makes sense now as well. :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The director left it blurry on purpose. I'm happy with my own interpretation.
"There is that, but I’ve encouraged the multiple readings of it. If you’d asked Kubrick what his reading of The Shining is, if he said to you it’s just a psychosis movie, would that that stop you feeling it’s a ghost story film? So I like the idea you have deliberate multi-layered approaches to it. Not that I’m trying to be coy. I think there are often two things happening at the same time in films, and in this movie there are three things happening.

If I say it’s a purgatory film, about a mother who dies in a crash, the taxi driver is the ferryman taking her to the afterlife, but she leaves him, tells him a lie, and as a result she gets cast into purgatory. That works in the film. However that relies on you believing in an afterlife. So the other idea is that a mother gets sick of her child and just goes out sailing for the day, leaving him the outside the school or whatever, and the guilt of what she’s done haunts her, until she eventually is looking back in on herself, philosophically, going ‘Am I a bad mum? What can I do to change that?’ We could go on and on, and they all work. I like a little bit of all of them, but I think the way I laid out the Sisyphus story [the looping purgatory of a never-ending task] gives it, at least on one level, the M. Night Shyamalan model, but I’ve left it deliberately blurry round the edges, so that a number of things work.

To me it’s a story about the return of memory as well. If she has amnesia, but she’s gradually remembering. What’s happening on the boat is she’s realising all the time that it’s her who’s the bad one, and at the end she sees it. She gets the chance to look outside herself and see herself from another’s viewpoint. If we could do that, would we go, ‘Wow, I’m a great guy!’, or would we go, ‘I’m a real xxxxxxx.’ So there’s a lot of that going on in the film as well."

The piece of random Sisyphus trivia makes sense now as well. :p
True!

All of those are valid indeed and make a lot of sense.

FootballFan

He probably first made sure his kidneys weren't compatible with Abidal's and then came out saying this. What a cunt.

This just reminds me of Curb when Lewis needs a kidney transplant. Then Larry meets that guy in charge of kidney transplant lists and pretends he can speak yiddish. :lol

The Ski Lift episode I think it is. :lol

subtles

Stick your finger in your ear
And put it in your belly
Don't be afraid if it jiggles like jelly
Yeah, Schmëerskåhøvên!

Wave your arms in the air
Like you won a big prize
Bop yourself on the head and cross your eyes
Yeah, Schmëerskåhøvên!

Get down on your knees
And try to look pretty
Chase your tail in a circle and meow like a kitty
Yeah, Schmëerskåhøvên!

Give yourself a hug
Like the air is chilly
Put your hands on your face and slap yourself silly
Yeah, Schmëerskåhøvên!

Do your own thing
Get your body groovin'
Just say no to the Schmëerskåhøvên!
No, Schmëerskåhøvên!

Also, RE: Triangle

Coming home one day and realising you are your own doppelganger who doesn't belong in this universe must be the scariest thing ever.

What's also pretty neat
Killing a seagull is considered bad luck by sailors as they carry the souls of sailors lost at sea.

FootballFan

GTA V preload and install done.. now to wait until it unlocks. Only 14 hours to go.

Surprised it downloaded 17.6gb so fast, usually PS Store is way slower.

cremino

Stick your finger in your ear
And put it in your belly
Don't be afraid if it jiggles like jelly
Yeah, Schmëerskåhøvên!

Wave your arms in the air
Like you won a big prize
Bop yourself on the head and cross your eyes
Yeah, Schmëerskåhøvên!

Get down on your knees
And try to look pretty
Chase your tail in a circle and meow like a kitty
Yeah, Schmëerskåhøvên!

Give yourself a hug
Like the air is chilly
Put your hands on your face and slap yourself silly
Yeah, Schmëerskåhøvên!

Do your own thing
Get your body groovin'
Just say no to the Schmëerskåhøvên!
No, Schmëerskåhøvên!

Someone drank a bit too much tonight

Zabojnik

I kid, of course. I'm sure he's a fine human being outside the pitch. It's not that unusual in football. The Lich King is probably the biggest cunt we have in the team (he's really not that big of a cunt, to be honest, just prone to lose his shit and do something a bit stupid from time to time) and he's apparently one of the greatest guys ever. At least according to our stuff and players.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Also, RE: Triangle

Coming home one day and realising you are your own doppelganger who doesn't belong in this universe must be the scariest thing ever.

What's also pretty neat
Killing a seagull is considered bad luck by sailors as they carry the souls of sailors lost at sea.

Hey that IS pretty cool!

RE:
I would definitely hang out with me. And make me my own wingman!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I kid, of course. I'm sure he's a fine human being outside the pitch. It's not that unusual in football. The Lich King is probably the biggest cunt we have in the team (he's really not that big of a cunt, to be honest, just prone to lose his shit and do something a bit stupid from time to time) and he's apparently one of the greatest guys ever. At least according to our stuff and players.
According to Pogba, he's the funniest guy in the squad.

To laugh with or at, I'm not sure. :p

Messi

Yeah, in interviews Alves seems to be quite upset with how Abidal was handled. Taking his number seems to be sticking up for his buddy as much as it is a tribute.

Just watched the Iceman. Michael Shannon is an incredible actor, just out-acts everyone off the screen in this film.

Film was ok though, it looked nice and seeing Ross from Friends was weird :lol Wearing a dodgy ponytail and shit.

Is Iceman based on the book by/about that mafia hitman?

13 people online on my friend list, only 3 of them actually doing something. Wonder how many of them are just downloading GTAV

Zabojnik

US-GAF, tell me something. When hunting for a (better) job, advancing your career, etc ... is how 'prestigious' a college/university you went to really that big a factor as movies/shows make it out to be?

Top Bottom