• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Zabojnik

Thanks for the link to his post.

Liking what I'm hearing so far.

Zabo +1 Respect

Zabo you're a Dream Theater fan? I only have Systematic Chaos and think it's decent, what album should I get next? Metropolis II?

Also, Breaking Bad shortened my lifespan by a couple of years tonight. Got damn. Amazing episode though, probably one of the best.

I just watched BB, so I have a hard time typing this, but let's see.

Frank, you can't go wrong with either Images and Words or Metropolis Part II: Scenes From a Memory. The first is the album that basically defined DT. It has everything that makes them so great. It's metal, it's prog, it's technical, but it's also amazingly melodic, almost radio rock in certain songs (Die Another Day, Surrounded). And then there's Learning To Live, which is an eternal masterpiece. James LaBrie's voice on this album is just ... incredible. Dat C#. I&W is probably the album old DT fans love the most and it has that undelying 90s feel. For newer fans, it all started with Metropolis Part II. It's probably the most accomplished, thought-out and organic DT album to date, as great concept albums tend to be. I wouldn't want to 'spoil' anything, just sit down and enjoy the journey.

From there, you can go anywhere. Six Degrees of Inner Turbolence is kind of a hybrid album. The first half contains 'single' songs (not a great fan of many of those, tbh), while the second is basically a concept album within the album, a 42-min piece separated into eight parts. It explores the stories of six individuals suffering from various mental illnesses and it's one of my favourite DT compositions. Dark Clouds and Silver Linings has the classic The Count of Tuscany. Octavarium has, well, Octavarium, the rest is okay. Awake is one of those albums you for some reason dismiss at first, then it comes back and suddenly becomes your favourite album. Or a very serious contender for the title at the very least. Erotomania is a brilliant instrumental piece, Voices is orgasmic.

Fuck it, I could write all night. Just go for it. And remember: it's prog, it takes some time to sink in, don't expect to like everything on the first listen. Once it clicks though ... there's no going back. Also, refer to my previous post that FF mentioned for some more great stuff from DT.

No way I'm finishing GTA as quickly as some of the people in the OT, some guy finished it in one sitting. 30 hours straight. Pls. Gotta take my time with that gem.

Lightning

Banned
I am kinda nervous about our Marsielle game. We can't afford to draw or lose this game. A win is a must and we need to win our home games to qualify.

Timurid

191293-800.jpg

Ricky schooling rube. :lol

Timurid

I know that everyone like to make fun of Inter Merda and all that, but Ricky has really step up his game during this season.

Yup and all the inter hate in here is laughable. The whole team is doing better. Their defense has been impeccable, their attack has been very potent, and their midfield is class. Taider was so good yesterday. If only Mazzarri took out Guarin instead of Taider they would of won yesterday. This inter side can easily grab a UCL spot this year.

Also, Livorno is pretty much Inter's youth team and they are doing pretty well so far. The future for Inter looks bright.

Koko

Banned
Yup and all the inter hate in here is laughable. The whole team is doing better. Their defense has been impeccable, their attack has been very potent, and their midfield is class. Taider was so good yesterday. If only Mazzarri took out Guarin instead of Taider they would of won yesterday. This inter side can easily grab a UCL spot this year.

Also, Livorno is pretty much Inter's youth team and they are doing pretty well so far. The future for Inter looks bright.

Their defense is what has really surprise I knew Campagnaro was good, but Juan and Ranocchia had looked solid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wilbur stop spoiling it please.

I will team up with Juve-bros and kick your ass.

Good episode tonight. Let's not get carried away with the hyperbole :p
Hyping up is really just another form of spoiling an episode.

"LIFE ALTERING EPISODE"
The Fly
191293-800.jpg

Ricky schooling rube. :lol

Pogba schooling merda. :lol

Lol, snapshots like that one mean nothing. As far as you fucking know, he fell flat on his face 0.5 sec later.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

We're 270 minutes into the season and Roma is the best defense in Italy (ZERO goals conceded). Let's not draw any conclusions yet, they were 2nd in November last season and then ended up finishing 9th.

And did you even watch the fucking game? Their midfield was laughable and they were defending with 8 men at home. Chiellini made a mistake and Icardi scored on the counter, that was IT.

Zabojnik

Alright, Timulove. You're trying too hard now. We're happy enough with a draw away. We'll see who has the last laugh when Merda come visit us in Turin.

Hint: it will end like every Juve-Torino

MPW

Alright, Timulove. You're trying too hard now. We're happy enough with a draw away. We'll see who has the last laugh when Merda comes visit us in Turin.

didn't inter beat juve last season in Turin?

still think juve will win serie a, juve has improved their squad compared to last season

anxious about madrid's match vs galatasaray

winning in Turkey isn't easy and GS has a good side

Zabojnik

still think juve will win serie a, juve has improved their squad compared to last season

anxious about madrid's match vs galatasaray

winning in Turkey isn't easy and GS has a good side

They did and it took the worst Juve of the Conte era and the best Inter in years. Even a broken clock is right once or twice a day.

Please murder Galatasaray. They must not be allowed points. I really, REALLY don't want us to travel to Turkey on the last matchday without being already qualified.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

And didn't Juve beat Inter last season in Milan?

and didn't Juve win the league last season

and didn't Inter finish in mid table last season

Your point? Their record in Turin is 6-7 wins since 1909.

I wonder if we'll get smashed again in Spain to start off the CL campaign just like last year? Ugh, I fucking hate UEFA's stupid policies for always making Russian teams start on the road in the CL. At least with Gazprom sponsoring this joke of a competition I'm expecting some favourable calls from the refs.

Barzul

Giroud thinks he can be highest goal scorer in the League. I think he has a better chance than most, only RVP and Sturridge will be his competition maybe Benteke, unless we get in a top top striker in Jan.

Lightning

Banned
I wonder if we'll get smashed again in Spain to start off the CL campaign just like last year? Ugh, I fucking hate UEFA's stupid policies for always making Russian teams start on the road in the CL. At least with Gazprom sponsoring this joke of a competition I'm expecting some favourable calls from the refs.
Don't start excuse making until after you're knocked out please!!!!!

Timurid

Hyping up is really just another form of spoiling an episode.

"LIFE ALTERING EPISODE"
The Fly

Pogba schooling merda. :lol

Lol, snapshots like that one mean nothing. As far as you fucking know, he fell flat on his face 0.5 sec later.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

We're 270 minutes into the season and Roma is the best defense in Italy (ZERO goals conceded). Let's not draw any conclusions yet, they were 2nd in November last season and then ended up finishing 9th.

And did you even watch the fucking game? Their midfield was laughable and they were defending with 8 men at home. Chiellini made a mistake and Icardi scored on the counter, that was IT.

tumblr_msnj20s7Ks1qjzdeio1_1280.jpg

Don't start excuse making until after you're knocked out please!!!!!

I'm not making excuses. I expect us to get smashed by Atletico but we're better than Porto and we should finish second in the group. But it's still bullshit that UEFA makes all Russian teams playing in Europe to start and end every group with games on the road. All just because they think for some weird reason that it's too cold to play football in Russia in December.

Salazar

Giroud thinks he can be highest goal scorer in the League. I think he has a better chance than most, only RVP and Sturridge will be his competition maybe Benteke, unless we get in a top top striker in Jan.

lol

Rooney will eat his fucking soul, even at half power

Christ alive, Arsenal fans

:lol

Sviato, Barca and Madrid have probably bribed the ref already for an Atletico win, need to keep that coeff. strong. Based gazprom has no chance.

Suen pls. Gazprom sponsors the CL. Gazbribes > anything the pathetic Spanish economy could come up with.

Barzul

lol

Rooney? He's competing with 3 other strikers and isn't starting every game. If Adebayor could score 34 goals with Cesc behind him, can see Giroud being achieving similar numbers with Ozil and Carzola.

Lightning

Banned
lol

Rooney isn't playing main striker and it's not inconvieveable that Giroud could get 20-25 goals this season. Only injury will prevent him starting every PL game for us this season as we have no one else, unlike United.

Both RVP and Rooney are not getting 25+ goals each, didn't happen last season and even unlikely to happen this season under Moyes.

Salazar

Rooney? He's competing with 3 other strikers and isn't starting every game. If Adebayor could score 34 goals with Cesc behind him, can see Giroud being achieving similar numbers with Ozil and Carzola.

Ain't happening.

And if you think Rooney isn't playing a fuckload of league football for us, you're mad. Shrieking pensioner mashing bananas into a busstop window mad. Clive Allen tier-delusional.

Both RVP and Rooney are not getting 25+ goals each, didn't happen last season and even unlikely to happen this season under Moyes.

If it's "not inconceivable" that Giroud will get there, it's definitely fucking "not inconceivable" that RVP and Rooney will.

Suen

Suen pls. Gazprom sponsors the CL. Gazbribes > anything the pathetic Spanish economy could come up with.
Perez has unlimited funds. Unless you mean to say all that cash comes from gazprom :D

Squad today should be much better for Parma in defense and midfield. Paletta is back, add Benalouane in the starting XI and defense will have improved significantly compared to the one we had against Udinese. We have Gargano on loan so I expect him and Obi to do better in midfield. Amauri, Cassano and Sansone should start up front and we'll have a much better squad compared to what we had against Udinese. Donadoni pls.

Wait, is Timurid an Inter fan too now?

Anyway, three interesting days ahead: new Killers song and Breaking Bad episode today (if anyone spoils it I swear I'll kill somebody. And it better be "good" at least this time), GTAV till my eyes bleed tomorrow, @ San Siro on Wednesday to watch Milan-Celtic
Kaka is out for a month.
"How to start a great week", a book by AC Milan.

dc89

FootballFan - I'll take a look at doing some GIF's later this morning!

---

Happy birthday to Mr Pellegrini. 60 today.

Top Bottom