• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

kharma45

Can see a front four of Kagawa, Valencia, Rooney and Hernandez quite easily. Fairly sure Januzaj is playing with the U19's?

He is named in the CL U19 squad aye, I can't imagine though if Moyes wanted him for the first team games he'd be told no.

Yen

Kharma, done my online enrolement. Would the system let me confirm everything even if I chose clashing classes? I fear I have (I assumed if you have clashes, it wouldn't confirm). In the list of classes, I couldn't find a clash, but the timetable did.

I just watched BB, so I have a hard time typing this, but let's see.

Frank, you can't go wrong with either Images and Words or Metropolis Part II: Scenes From a Memory. The first is the album that basically defined DT. It has everything that makes them so great. It's metal, it's prog, it's technical, but it's also amazingly melodic, almost radio rock in certain songs (Die Another Day, Surrounded). And then there's Learning To Live, which is an eternal masterpiece. James LaBrie's voice on this album is just ... incredible. Dat C#. I&W is probably the album old DT fans love the most and it has that undelying 90s feel. For newer fans, it all started with Metropolis Part II. It's probably the most accomplished, thought-out and organic DT album to date, as great concept albums tend to be. I wouldn't want to 'spoil' anything, just sit down and enjoy the journey.

From there, you can go anywhere. Six Degrees of Inner Turbolence is kind of a hybrid album. The first half contains 'single' songs (not a great fan of many of those, tbh), while the second is basically a concept album within the album, a 42-min piece separated into eight parts. It explores the stories of six individuals suffering from various mental illnesses and it's one of my favourite DT compositions. Dark Clouds and Silver Linings has the classic The Count of Tuscany. Octavarium has, well, Octavarium, the rest is okay. Awake is one of those albums you for some reason dismiss at first, then it comes back and suddenly becomes your favourite album. Or a very serious contender for the title at the very least. Erotomania is a brilliant instrumental piece, Voices is orgasmic.

Fuck it, I could write all night. Just go for it. And remember: it's prog, it takes some time to sink in, don't expect to like everything on the first listen. Once it clicks though ... there's no going back. Also, refer to my previous post that FF mentioned for some more great stuff from DT.

Wow, thanks my mang. Yeah I'm relatively knew to prog metal, but I understand that it takes a few listens before the songs click. I've been listening to a lot of Symphony X - Divine Wings of Tragedy lately, I fucking love it. I think I'll start with I&W in terms of DT albums, I love 90s Iron Maiden stuff (well, BNW and Fear of the Dark). Even though it sounds like I would like Metropolis II better I might as well do it chronologically.

It's truly amazing how much damage a clueless manager/coach like Stramaccioni can do to a team.

See, also: Milan at the start of every season under Max.

kharma45

Januzaj didn't train with United today. Kagawa did, though.

Kharma, done my online enrolement. Would the system let me confirm everything even if I chose clashing classes? I fear I have (I assumed if you have clashes, it wouldn't confirm). In the list of classes, I couldn't find a clash, but the timetable did.

The timetables on QSIS can sometimes be a bit wonky. It had me in class at times that I wasn't. I wouldn't worry about it too much, you'll be able to get it all sorted on your first day and you've two weeks to chop and change modules to make it work.

Oh fuck, just thought Giggs is probably going to start tomorrow instead.

Dat experience.

Yen

The timetables on QSIS can sometimes be a bit wonky. It had me in class at times that I wasn't. I wouldn't worry about it too much, you'll be able to get it all sorted on your first day and you've two weeks to chop and change modules to make it work.

Good to know. It's all my spring classes so no real panic. the real panic is being unable to fully register until my passport comes in the post!

kharma45

Good to know. It's all my spring classes so no real panic. the real panic is being unable to fully register until my passport comes in the post!

Aye if it's semester 2 then there isn't much of a worry, could be an issue on their end too. If you want btw this is the number to call for help on registration 02890 973223

Wes

venison crêpe
This day will fly past. Don't worry Amazon bros.

GTA Online doesn't start straight away anyway does it? It's in a couple of weeks time I thought.

panty

"Diego played well, but the Casillas decision has been made"

That doesn't make any sense... Diego has been world class but still Casillas starts just because...

Iker better perform tomorrow ffs.

Damn you guys. I just looked it up and lots of stores are selling GTA already here in Germany. Actually, I'm busy today but I now want to harass my local store so badly lol

What happened to the good old days when they were anal about not selling a game early.

Our injured line-up is pretty good, probably better than our current starting 11.

BURKfzYCQAA90ao.png:large

Wilbur

Banned
My GTA didn't come either. Fuck you FF.

T minus three hours till BB

It's the best episode ever again, innit?

In my eyes, I think so. I know people will disagree but I can't be bothered to get into why, but it was just everything you ever wanted and expected from Breaking Bad in one hour of television. I swear I couldn't stop shaking the entire time.

Tc91

This day will fly past. Don't worry Amazon bros.

GTA Online doesn't start straight away anyway does it? It's in a couple of weeks time I thought.

Yeah 1st of October, same day as Battlefield 4 beta.

Just rang Tesco's confirmed I'll be able to pick it up at 1 minute past midnight, over 300 games in stock.

Gonna have to pick up some redbull whilst I'm there and maybe some snacks.

Wilbur

Banned
I thought it was really good, but I wasn't shaking :lol

It was watching it live at 2 in the morning and having to fucking absorb shit every fifteen minutes with breaks

I mean

Damn

Normally I never watch anything live so I spoil myself. Can't help myself. Did it with the wire, deadwood, the dark knight, up to series 4 of breaking bad, I do it with every film and tv show ever because I just can't help myself from knowing

But I got no idea what to fucking expect when I'm watching it live and that shit scares me :lol

Seems kind of lame. He has 3 options this week. To play in the u21 match vs Bolton today. To play in tomorrow's champion's league game. To play in the u19 CL match vs Leverkusen. Which is the best option? I don't think the u19 match would challenge him much. On the other hand, it can be served as a match to improve his finishing. He's always scored goals in the u18 level. He just didn't do it in u21 level as much.

Linius

My special edition pre order arrived at my locas gamesdealer... Still on the fence with the PS4 version in mind...

Just double dip. You can't miss out on this fun. And since it haven't even been announced I'm sure Rockstar will take their sweet time with a possible next gen version.

Pedro Pinto ‏@pedropintotv 2m

Cristiano Ronaldo's new contract with Real Madrid is worth €21 million net per year, not 17. I can confirm from a very reliable source.

Ronny getting paid. Re-tweeted by Honigstein so I'm inclined to believe it.

faridmon

Damn you guys. I just looked it up and lots of stores are selling GTA already here in Germany. Actually, I'm busy today but I now want to harass my local store so badly lol

What happened to the good old days when they were anal about not selling a game early.

Don't you get banned for having the game so early?

Wes

venison crêpe
Yeah 1st of October, same day as Battlefield 4 beta.

Just rang Tesco's confirmed I'll be able to pick it up at 1 minute past midnight, over 300 games in stock.

Gonna have to pick up some redbull whilst I'm there and maybe some snacks.

There'll be a queue. Be ready for it.

Top Bottom