• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Suen

How are they doing?

Look like scoring?
Ok proper update. Parma is creating more chances now and they are doing decent build ups to their plays. We've been unlucky, our first really good chance came when we crossed the ball in and Biabiany had a chance to score but he was too slow to react. Amauri had a decent shot against goal but nothing special. Biabiany then made an excellent header which we got a goal from and some minutes after that Amauri missed a perfect chance to score a goal from a perfect pass from Biabiany.

Cassano is doing very well, he's creating lots of chances and seem to be syncing up very well with Biabiany and Amauri. Biabiany is also getting better as he plays, he's having a good pace and doing a fairly good job at breaking through Roma's defense. Amauri seems...somewhat lost, probably dreaming of Turin. Defense is holding up (to my surprise) fairly well but they don't strike me with confidence although I suppose Gobbi has done good. I still think midfield and defense seem to be sleeping when they have to clear the ball or defend against a counter, some easy passes from and against us that should be easily received/blocked but instead we let it roll to Roma player nearby.

Roma isn't playing bad. They are a tad bit slow but I'd say their builds up are much smoother and faster, they just haven't had a good chance to score. Either way first half Parma has clearly been the better side and with some better finishing we would have had at least two goals.

:lol

I've got no idea who you really support now.

Wasn't it Arsenal?
Madrid, Arse, Parma.

Parma scored their first goal in Serie A this season.

lol
Yurt pls, we scored against Udinese.

Fry

top of the league
top of the league
top of the league
top of the league
top of the league
top of the league
top of the league
top of the league
top of the league

Suen

what the fuck is the defense doing, they gave the fucking ball away to Roma and they scored. I fucking knew it, if it wasn't the first half it was def. the second. Fuck.

sohois

With a bit more time you can easily get the rashness out of Sakho, in his first game both in terms of fitness and for Liverpool its understandable. His aerial ability looks like it could be a great asset going forward when he's had more time.

Wisdom has not been great, as I forewarned. He's not been terrible either, just a little sloppy but fine in defence. Kelly is on the bench, yes? Probably he'll get 20 mins. Could also do with subbing Sakho and Sturridge if their fitness is in doubt, though there is no way Rodgers would ever make 3 subs

Wilbur

Banned
Wouldn't knock Jonjo too much considering its his first game, but a difficult one to be thrown into

Jonjo Shelvey has made more Premier League assists for Liverpool tonight (2) than he managed in 3 seasons at the club (1)

Sakho is defending fine inside the box. The less said about it outside the box, the better :p
Skrtel clearly trying to keep his place
Need more from Coutinho, and more runners giving him an option for the through ball
Hate watching Wisdom go forward, as decent as he generally is defensively

ShogunX

Chelsea rejects doing the business for us at the moment. Wonder if Chelsea are pissed they let England's best striker leave for 12m?

TrueBlue

Chelsea rejects doing the business for us at the moment. Wonder if Chelsea are pissed they let England's best striker leave for 12m?

Reasonably happy for the lad, all things considered. Always liked him, but he was never going to get the chances that Liverpool would give him.

Top Bottom