• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Suen

wtf....I just got a mail from uni now that one of my professors died today. He was one of my favorite professors throughout most of my student years, very kind and quite good at teaching his courses (at least the ones I took). Was a very relaxed person and liked to pull his fun jokes now and then. The worst part is that I went to talk to him just three weeks ago about something I needed him to fix in the uni system and he was nice as usual and told me to contact him later this month, wtf :'(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*update*

Reminds me of college football games in the US. I was at this game (I work at UT Austin so we get season tickets).. WVU won. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0wYbEMVH5g

Here's another one that I was at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acTujNn-yFU

One side of the stadium shouts "Texas!" then the other responds with "Fight!"

That's very common in Italy, Germany, Malaga and Texas.

Sorry the rest of Spain and England.

Dibbz

We were absolutely shocking in possession.

If Marseille had been a treat in the box we could've been down more than one at half time.

We are nowhere near full strength outside of defense so it's a given that we are not keeping the ball as well as we could. Plus away game in the CL is always going to be tough no matter the opposition. Napoli and Dortmund will be tricky if we don't get some players back by then.

subtles

Reminds me of college football games in the US. I was at this game (I work at UT Austin so we get season tickets).. WVU won. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0wYbEMVH5g

Here's another one that I was at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acTujNn-yFU

One side of the stadium shouts "Texas!" then the other responds with "Fight!"

I remember one game at the Lane Stadium had one of the most passionate crowds I've ever seen.

(I don't really watch US footy so I haven't seen many)

nemesun

There is no surprises here if you watched the qualifier against Fenerbahce. We went out to slow the game down and not give the home team any momentum. Come out 2nd half and go at a quicker pace and end up with a healthy lead.

We really need some progress with the injuries though. Good that our defensive options are available. Means we can just turtle up at the end of matches and see them through.
True, I was actually quite impressed by Wenger today. As soon as Marseille brought on an extra attacking reinforcement, Wenger brought on a defensive one to nullify their strategy.

PaulLFC

PES 2014 is so good, especially after the patch it just got. Been playing a promo copy since Saturday, pretty much every chance I got. Having to drag myself away to play GTA V - can't believe I just typed that. True though.

nemesun

We were absolutely shocking in possession.

If Marseille had been a treat in the box we could've been down more than one at half time.

It even gets to me a wee bit. Makes me feel bad that the team feels it on the pitch.
Prawn sandwich brigade has evolved to whinge brigade. The club is solely to blame for this, they've priced out the passionate lower income fans in favor of the more wealthier but entitled ones.

Messi

PES 2014 is so good, especially after the patch it just got. Been playing a promo copy since Saturday, pretty much every chance I got. Having to drag myself away to play GTA V - can't believe I just typed that. True though.

Played the demo a bit more, its better than its been in a while.

dc89

Kompany: "I always want to play against players when they are at their best. I'm really happy for Wayne that he's on top form."

Started, have the mind games.

Feels like the people with the highest expectations of José are fans of every other team but Chelsea. I feel I had a very realistic idea of how this season would pan out. Whilst it's much to early to say, things aren't too far off what I expected. At this stage anyway.

Excellent, can't wait till Saturday! (That's when my PS3 copy is scheduled to arrive).

Up for a few games online, when I get used to the controls and shit?

bazinga!

nN1MyoW.png

stay chasing, yo-yos.

LTWheels

Times are have an article up about how Liverpool is getting Suarez ready for his return to first team football.

A match was arranged against Burnley's development squad earlier today purely for his benefit so that he can get a full 90 mins.

nemesun

Feels like the people with the highest expectations of José are fans of every other team but Chelsea. I feel I had a very realistic idea of how this season would pan out. Whilst it's much to early to say, things aren't too far off what I expected. At this stage anyway.
H39QIo7.gif

Chavs on cfcnet were celebrating the title win even before the season started. Stop acting like you lot knew all along that you were shit.

Salvadora

Prawn sandwich brigade has evolved to whinge brigade. The club is solely to blame for this, they've priced out the passionate lower income fans in favor of the more wealthier but entitled ones.
There is a time and a place for that. Two weeks before the transfer window shuts, no money spent, no money looks like being spent? Sure. But when it bleeds over into every single home game it does my tits in.

I've heard some fantastic atmospheres in the Emirates, it doesn't have to be like it is.

cremino

What you were expecting??

Btw Mourinho hate is strong here (especially from Barca and Bayern fans)

H39QIo7.gif

Chavs on cfcnet were celebrating the title win even before the season started. Stop acting like you lot knew all along that you were shit.
As well I don't read CFCNet then. Why are you on there? Also, in this thread I think all the CFC fans had their feet on the ground and my opinions and predictions are here. So I'm not acting like I knew anything.

What you were expecting??

Btw Mourinho hate is strong here (especially from Barca and Bayern fans)
I said when he returned that I wasn't expecting any miracles and that I couldn't genuinely see us challenging for the league. Not a lot has changed among the top 4 or 5 teams over the last season or so. I think José is a great coach but this is not the same CFC he had before. Chelsea are in transition, and the that transition period gets extended with every managerial change. I think this squad has quite a lot of work to do yet.

Meier

I definitely expected with Mou being back that Chelsea would be the frontrunner for the PL. It's still early enough that they can easily win it... but right now, it just isn't clicking. Outside of a few spells here and there, they are just utterly painful to watch. It's really strange because they have so much attacking talent but there is no rhythm to it. No bite. They've almost never looked dangerous this year.

I definitely expected with Mou being back that Chelsea would be the frontrunner for the PL. It's still early enough that they can easily win it... but right now, it just isn't clicking. Outside of a few spells here and there, they are just utterly painful to watch. It's really strange because they have so much attacking talent but there is no rhythm to it. No bite. They've almost never looked dangerous this year.
When Souness said we looked like Barca in the Hull game I knew it would go bad. You can't through hype like that around, especially in a game like that where you're expected to win comfortably against a much weaker side. We couldn't even make those 90 minutes convincing or comfortable.

Ironically I think the game we looked the best in was our hardest yet. Super Cup.

Dibbz

Chelsea 1-2 FC Basel

Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Bayern Munich 2-2 Chelsea
Bayern Munich win 5-4 on penalties

3 losses on the bounce.

#rafaout

oh wait lol. No doubt Chelsea fans would be crying to have their Chelsea back if Mou wasn't the one leading them by the balls.

cremino

As well I don't read CFCNet then. Why are you on there? Also, in this thread I think all the CFC fans had their feet on the ground and my opinions and predictions are here. So I'm not acting like I knew anything.

I said when he returned that I wasn't expecting any miracles and that I couldn't genuinely see us challenging for the league. Not a lot has changed among the top 4 or 5 teams over the last season or so. I think José is a great coach but this is not the same CFC he had before. Chelsea are in transition, and the that transition period gets extended with every managerial change. I think this squad has quite a lot of work to do yet.

I'm surprised you haven't bought a couple of defenders and maybe a better holding midfielder than Mikel and Ramires ( I think Van Ginkel isn't enough)

What has changed from last year? Their midfield 2 is still a weakness as are their strikers. Any combination of attacking midfielders this season won't drastically improve last year's mata/hazard/oscar production. All they got was depth.

Can't really fault Mourinho too much apart from his transfers. He should have addressed those problems.

pulga

Banned
No but we both bought Peanut Butter Ben & Jerries and Cloudy Apple Copella in our seperate Tesco shops tonight. We were like 'omg' but really, in our minds, we were like 'let's fucking bang all over your room baby.'

What the ruddy fuck is a Cloudy Apple Copella

Interview was a laugh.

If he's going to keep putting himself in front of cameras, they're going to get a rise out of him. He seems to think he can scowl the media into playing it his way.

He was probably surprised, it's the first time he's been the centre of attention in a long time and someone asked him something outside the script.

Sleepless that picture you posted yesterday of the GTA map with the things on it. Just went to the far left one, boat randomly sinked and I drowned. The fuck

I tried going to one of them but I can never get a plane without a burning engine. Fucking cops.

Top Bottom