• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

faridmon

Dammit. So toothless infront of the goal. I don't mind losing if that what it takes to give us kick in the butt which might wake us up. We are not good enough apparantly.

Manager

In case anyone missed it, Mourinho's comments on Mata situation:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-in-jose-mourinhos-chelsea-plan-8830472.html

Some of it:
Mourinho said: “The reasons why, in this moment, he’s not playing so much, are things I can speak about with him but not with you. But he played against Everton from the start and you can analyse his performance. And he played against Basel, not like Demba Ba or John Obi Mikel coming in to rescue the game, but he came on when the team was winning 1-0 and had specific tasks to do.

“It’s part of a process with him, too. One option is to play with Ramires and Oscar on the wings, those two closing down each side, and Mata as a No 10 behind a striker. He can offer clever assists, clever passes, fantastic actions, because he has great talent. It’s another thing to adapt to the way we want to play.

“At this moment, Oscar is my No 10 [playmaker] and, if somebody tells me that Oscar has not been Chelsea’s best player this season, I’d have to disagree. These are football issues.”

Put simply, Mourinho said that he could not leave Oscar out “because he plays in that [No 10] position for the country with more talented players there than anywhere in the world”. Neither was he currently prepared to play Oscar wide, he said, in order to accommodate Mata in the centre. “I want to build with Oscar as my No 10. I want the other two players, on the wings, to adapt to that reality and learn how to do things they were not ready to do before.”

Mourinho’s stark analysis of Mata’s position followed a resolute pledge that he would not deviate from the course that he has plotted for Chelsea since he returned to the club in June, even if that meant a fair amount of pain along the way. Thus far, they have not won in four games and have made their worst start to a season in a decade.

“The situation is pure,” Mourinho said. “I don’t like the way Chelsea were playing in the last couple of years. The club doesn’t like it. We want to change. We have the players with the profile to change. We want to play a different style.”

Meier

Some observations from the LFC game.

Moses goes down ridiculously easy and sits and looks for ages rather than getting back up. Obnoxious.

Enrique has been terrible.

I've watched the last two Soton games and Osvaldo has been a fantastic creator but is being too shy about shooting. Left some chances on the table.

Luke Shaw is a beast.

Sturridge remains overly selfish. Took a clear goal chance from Coutinho last game and has done the same. It might get ugly when Suarez is back...

Meier

Streaming on my phone so can't do anything else when watching. Just seeing Baines has 2 goals. Anyone who spent the cash on him in FPL is going bonkers I'm sure.

It's like he intentionally wants to 'cause friction in the squad by isolating their best player for no reason.

Or he's just not happy with the work rate. Casillas was being shit and a dressing room press mole, hard to feel bad for him , Mata on the other hand seems very strange, but I guess it's robben all over.

Top Bottom