• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Streaming on my phone so can't do anything else when watching. Just seeing Baines has 2 goals. Anyone who spent the cash on him in FPL is going bonkers I'm sure.

I have him in my fantasy team but his impact is lessoned by the fact Krul conceded 3 goals, Giaccherini went off at half time and Coleman also allowed 2 goals for Everton. Also does not help that in my head to head the other guy had Baines tooㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Very disappointed in Rodgers today. His selection choices let us down.

No way we should be starting four center backs. Henderson needed a rest.

Aspas? lol.

Yep. 4 centrebacks is a stupid idea against anyone, let alone a team who press with as much intensity as Southampton

I'd say we're out of ideas, but we never had one to begin with

Hixx

I'm getting to the point where fucks given = 0

We have just done everything wrong. Everything always blows up in our face. I mean Fletcher is going to be out for another 3 months now. 4 defeats, 1 draw.

We have to beat one of Liverpool and Man United. They can't be games you 'write off' now or the gap is going to close from 3/4 points to 7 or 8 in a few weeks.

LTWheels

Yep. 4 centrebacks is a stupid idea against anyone, let alone a team who press with as much intensity as Southampton

I'd say we're out of ideas, but we never had one to begin with

Yeah, Brendan fucked that one up big time today.

Although we should have had a penalty today though.

Lightning

Banned
Difficult game. West hamy was never going to be easy but we pulled it somehow.
Don't let west ham score please.
Great for Everton. I really really want Martinez to succeed, such an exciting manager and nice guy and Everton deserve the reward for showing faith in him.

GorillaJu

I hope the team and Rodgers learned something today. Southampton looked like utter shit the first four weeks of the season, they come to Anfield and then completely boss us.

We have to have a good response to this.

Klopp really needs to learn when to rest player. He's honestly not very good at it.

Resting Sahin, Micky and Lewandowski at the same time sucked out all creativity we had in this team. Should have rested Bender and Micky today and Sahin and Lewandowski on Tuesday.

And now Toure is hoofing it like Carragher

Agger and Sakho in the centre, two actual fullbacks. If we don't do that agaist Sunderland, Rodgers can fuck off

Carbonox

Remy misses a sitter. You can't make this stuff up.

This result is on par with the infuriating loss to Reading last season.

Pissed.

sneaky77

7 mins injury time? holy shit lol

Mourinho should sell Mata, Mata is not the type of player to put on the wing and make him come back and cover the wing in defense

arkon

So Everton the only unbeaten team in the league. I knew the title was heading to Liverpool. Guess I got the wrong half.

Well deserved win for Southampton.

Few points:

1) Nice to get 90 minutes of decent football, shame it took us 6 accumulative games to get there
2) Sturridge played as he has all season, just without the goal
3) Aspas isn't going to make it here
4) I hope Rodgers doesn't try and pull the wool over our eyes in the post-match
5) That starting backline is the most stupid managerial decision of the season
6) I don't care how ready Kelly is, put him in the team
7) Johnson is vital when Kelly isn't fit
8) Without Coutinho, we have absolutely nothing in the space between the half way line and Sturridge
9) We'll be relying on Suarez again before you know it
10) Moses was fucking brass, never even tried to get past Clyne through quick passing, just ran into him every time
11) Fuck football
12) There's always next season

bud

liverpool fc are red
the city of liverpool is blue
liverpool's title chances are dead
i... i need to go to the loo

Juan-Mata-Men-s-Football-Spain-vs-Honduras-Lo_2803576.jpg

sohois

Well Rodgers lost that for Liverpool with an abysmal team selection. It seems to happen quite a lot for some reason; despite his general philosophy being a major contributor to Liverpool's improvement, game to game his decisions are really, really poor. I suppose we might have got a draw if the ref wasn't shite though.

Also it must be said that Gerrard was terrible today, and has been bad all season. He should be dropped for Allen. It won't happen, but a few more performances like that and it really will be ridiculous if he continues to play.

Tegris

Utterly abject. Poor from everyone involved really - lack of concentration, no cohesion, baffling selection and a dreary atmosphere. Embarrassing really.

I know he's only had four games, but I'm ready to write Aspas off now. It's one thing to give the ball away often if you're the focal point of your side's attack like he was at Celta (and how Suarez was before Sturridge's arrival), but when he's involved in build up play, everything grinds to a halt.

We break down so easily when the opposition presses - Gerrard and Lucas aren't mobile enough on their own and have needed Coutinho to drop deep and bail them out with an option in the past. Without him our ball retention is shocking.

Playing four centre halves is inexplicable, particularly when we had a couple of fullbacks on the bench. Rodgers got that wrong, simple as that.

What a waste of time staying up until 4am, and to top it off the bitters got up against West Ham. Worst start to a birthday ever.

ShogunX

Last team to beat Liverpool was Southampton 3-1 last season.

Brenden killers

Fully deserved today. Never allowed us to get going and just like I posted right before half time the game was setup for a horrendous winner for your lot. Thank fuck we have Suarez back.

Meier

That Sterling first touch was shocking. Sturridge is my captain..I needed those double assist points. :(

Luke Shaw and Barkley on my bench. Nooooooo. :( I knew Shaw was but Barkley too? Doh!

Top Bottom