• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

D_prOdigy

got Lovren...

on my bench.

EWxr0cx.gif

sohois

People once again writing Aspas off are completely irrational btw. To be honest there were no standout performers for bad or good, just a lot of stodge with Southampton grabbing a set-piece goal.

edit: except Mignolet

Hixx

Apparently Di Canio was asking the Sunderland fans if they want him to stay!

His incredible ego will stop him from ever being a good manager.

Three games in a row we've conceded three goals and I guarantee NOTHING will change when we play Liverpool next week.

Stick your bets on over 2.5 for Liverpool. Fucking banker.

ShogunX

Everton still unbeaten this season. Martinez really is a great manager.

Crazy how two matches can change things so drastically. Three draws in a row had a lot of EFC fans moaning about playing like Wigan, two wins later and Martinez is a progressive young talented manager.

Liverpool fans are always too quick to write off players. Players always tend to struggle in the premier league their first year, I remember some Arsenal fans being less than impressed with Bobby Pires his first year. The next year he spanked it.

There's been nothing.

No 'good play, just not on his teammates wavelength'

No 'unlucky, that would've gone in on another day'

No 'great run, just needs the finishing touch'

Just losing the ball, often by flicking it needlessly, losing control of the ball when he's running at snail's pace, falling over under the slightest pressure, taking too long to get his shots away, passing it to the space his teammate has just vacated because he's made an obvious run.

Just not providing anything. Certainly not done any better than Assaidi did, and he was frozen out after about 20 minutes of gametime

justjohn

At least we didn't sell lukaku like we sold sturridge so thats a relief. Him doing well at everton is good news for us.

I wonder if chelsea has a clause that we can recall him back this season

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mou's lost his mind, no Luiz or Mata in the squad. Emenalo will be waiting in the tunnel if they don't win today.

Hindle

Banned
Crazy how two matches can change things so drastically. Three draws in a row had a lot of EFC fans moaning about playing like Wigan, two wins later and Martinez is a progressive young talented manager.

They didn't seem to realise it would take him a few games to adjust. He did excellent today though.

jtb

Banned
There's been nothing.

Just losing the ball, often by flicking it needlessly, losing control of the ball when he's running at snail's pace, falling over under the slightest pressure, taking too long to get his shots away, passing it to the space his teammate has just vacated because he's made an obvious run.

Just not providing anything. Certainly not done any better than Assaidi did, and he was frozen out after about 20 minutes of gametime

dat transfer committee

There's been nothing.

Apart from Sturridge, I could say that about the whole of the liverpool team from what I have seen this season.
only the third liverpool game i have watched the full 90

sohois

There's been nothing.

Well, there has been the massive lack of a relevant sample size.

Honestly I don't even know why I bother with this, people just cannot seem to realize their mistakes in judgement

ShogunX

Guess there isn't a point for me to watch the match later on though.

Do everything you possibly can to avoid it. Match of the day can fuck right off tonight.

Mata or not Chelsea are going to squash Fulham. From what I've seen of them so far I wouldn't be surprised to see Fulham battling relegation at the end of the season.

Clegg

Mourinho saying Mata's performances haven't been good enough so he dropped him. He also basically said Luiz is shit and he dropped him because the team needs stability.

LTWheels

Hopefully in January we will sign another attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder for when either Lucas or Gerrard are playing terrible/tired.

We have been quite unlucky with our fullback injuries but playing 4 cb today was not the way to go. Kelly needs to start playing. FBs are so important to how we play. Toure or Wisdom on the right is not cutting it.

Also Brendan must not be afraid to drop Lucas or Gerrard when they are playing shit.

ShogunX

dat transfer committee

The sooner this dies a horrible death the better. Seems to be rife on gaming side.

Mourinho saying Mata's performances haven't been good enough so he dropped him. He also basically said Luiz is shit and he dropped him because the team needs stability.

Typical Mourinho nonsense. Mata has been superb since joining Chelsea and he's obviously been dropped because of Jose's politics. Both players have contributed a lot to Chelsea success over the past two seasons.

I wonder if chelsea has a clause that we can recall him back this season

Mou has said there is a clause (just in case I suppose) to recall him but that they won't be.

Luiz left out for technical reasons Mou said, I think he may well be off. Still think Mou is challenging to Mata to adapt. Nothing wrong with that if he responds. He also said we have a 24 man squad and only 18 can be picked, if he wasn't happy with Mata (and Luiz) midweek I can see why they wouldn't get in.

Anyone else disappointed with the way Lucas/Gerrard failed to drop back and give Mignolet/Toure/Skrtel/Sakho an option to pass to? If he had, we'd have been able to get it to midfield with a degree of accuracy, and without going long and being immediately under pressure when the defenders got rid of it

bud

i agree with mourinho about luiz (he's wild and kinda dumb), but dropping mata makes no sense.

GorillaJu

Well, there has been the massive lack of a relevant sample size.

Honestly I don't even know why I bother with this, people just cannot seem to realize their mistakes in judgement

Well you also have to take into account that bad results really bite at you, and especially so when you're dropping down from a high. It's hard to be completely rational right after you get your ass stomped.

There's also a competitive nature among fans when you get a group together, all supporting different teams. I often feel the need to reprimand or apologize for a poor performance from my team. Tomorrow I'd be up to discuss the actual tactics of it.

ShogunX

Yeah I'm going to avoid watching it. Mainly because its games like these that we should be winning but instead are losing them. It's getting pathetic.

It was a throwback to the West Brom and Aston Villa games at Anfield last season. RAWK is also going to have to be actively avoided until Wednesday.

Anyone else disappointed with the way Lucas/Gerrard failed to drop back and give Mignolet/Toure/Skrtel/Sakho an option to pass to? If he had, we'd have been able to get it to midfield with a degree of accuracy, and without going long and being immediately under pressure when the defenders got rid of it

Missed Allen big time.

LTWheels

Yeah. That's vital in our team as Mig's distribution is not up to Reina's level. Would still rather have Mig in goal though. That dropping back is something that Allen is good at. I honestly think one of Gerrard and Lucas needs to be dropped for next match if Allen is fit. They look like they need a rest. When we have both Suarez and Coutinho back, I would like to see some games with Allen and Henderson as the two midfielders. The way we are set up to play requires high energy midfielder in the sitting roles.

Top Bottom