• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

ArseGAF, do we drop Flamini? He's been a monster so far.

throw him in a bowl of acid. i want to win the league and him be stuck on 9 appearances.

yes drop him for Arteta.

Arteta is a better player and no matter who is there we will still let anybody walk straight through are midfield to the defence

Anderson

Well we got 3 games in 7 days coming up, so I imagine there will some rotation anyway.

Flamini should be rested against West Brom, then returning for a tough game at Swansea, who are in cracking form atm

jtb

Banned

Yes. Ramsey is not a playmaker (or at least, he's not very good at it) so he shouldn't be tasked with running the passing game a la Arteta. Bring in Arteta, and Ramsey can take over as a box to box player. More defensive duties but also more freedom to go forward with the ball, as well. Think Diaby at Anfield, last season.

Hindle

Banned
Hard to call is this.

I'm thinking the match will be similar to the Chelsea - United game a few weeks ago, where both teams play it safe and don't take any risks.

However, I do expect thier to be goals so 1 -1 draw I'm going with.

Manager

Might want to mention Negredo missed 2nd most chances in all of Europe last season. I'm surprised he's already ahead of Dzeko, though he has been very good.

Sanjay

No, saved shots wipe the slate clean. It is only if the player directly results in the goal scoring chance.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/719969/Live

Even they only give him 2 assists. ramsey's goal was a direct result of begovic save.

I'm going to side with Fantasy premier league a subsite from premierleague.com then whoscored.com.

i have never heard about assists for winning free kick.

Yes assists are given to scored free-kicks and penalties.

Manager

Pretty funny. Bluemoon has complained all week about Sky pro-United bias. Entering Redcafe and they're moaning about Sky's City bias!

I'm going to side with Fantasy premier league a subsite from premierleague.com then whoscored.com.

Yes assists are given to scored free-kicks and penalties.

It definitely was not an assist. it is crazy to think when a keeper saves it that a player can then be credited with an assist.

Seeing as both whoscored and the PL use opta, i will expect that fpl will change it later.

jtb

Banned
I dunno if this was posted already but Wenger's saying Walcott has an abdominal muscle problem? That doesn't sound very encouraging....

It definitely was not an assist. it is crazy to think when a keeper saves it that a player can then be credited with an assist.

Seeing as both whoscored and the PL use opta, i will expect that fpl will change it later.

They won't change it because they need to give midfielders more points to balance the game. But that's the point, it's just a game balance decision, not one that has much bearing on what an assist is or isn't.

Into

Well 3 points, hopefully Conte shoots one of the players in the thigh to send a message.

Now for the lulz of the Man Chest derby

Dam, Totti goes off and then Roma get a penalty.

Still another good game for Totti 23 goal scoring chances he has created in 4 games. for comparison I think mata had 93 all of last year.

Top Bottom