• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We're playing with 10 men

Or 9 if we count Ogbonna who's marking himself outta the game.

We deserve another goal :(

jtb

Banned
Damn.

@OptaJoe
1 - Today will be the first time Robin van Persie has missed a PL game since March 5 2011; a run of 90 matches. Absent.

Manager

Redcafe is pretty down on the line-up, it's like they don't realise City has been completely underwhelming in every match except Newcastle.

Shinji hardly looked ready for a big game on Tuesday. He's only worth a bench place right now on current form and fitness. He's no good on the wing in matches like this..

The last players involvement of the same team that leads to a goal, the assist is given to them. Like how if you win a penalty / free kick and some one else scores from that, they get given the assist as it lead to the goal.

Saved shot, scores from aftermath, clearly Ozil made that goal happen.

No, saved shots wipe the slate clean. It is only if the player directly results in the goal scoring chance. i have never heard about assists for winning free kick. Same as if a player passes to someone at the edge of their own box and the player then runs down the other end and scores. That player might have been the last person involved but did not lead to the goal scoring chance.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/719969/Live

Even they only give him 2 assists. ramsey's goal was a direct result of begovic save.

Shinji hardly looked ready for a big game on Tuesday. He's only worth a bench place right now on current form and fitness. He's no good on the wing in matches like this..

The argument is that with either RVP or Rooney out he should get a run as second striker. But it looks like Welbeck is above him (and Chicharito) in the central attacker pecking order.

The argument is that with either RVP or Rooney out he should get a run as second striker. But it looks like Welbeck is above him (and Chicharito) in the central attacker pecking order.

For better or worse no one should be surprised that Welbeck plays ahead of him at SS atm. He's got the form where Kagawa hasn't.

That's hardly surprising considering he just is no winger. Put him on the 10 and he's fine. But that won't happen and that's the terrible thing about it.

pulga

Banned
Holy fuck, just got clued in Roma scored because some children next door are mauling like a couple of cats in heat

Which is no worse than I sounded when Tevez scored lol

Yep. He doesn't have much defensive responsibility behind the striker. If it's left wing it's understandable as City could run riot with Shinji playing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Defoe injured again, he picks up far too many niggles.

In Soldado we trust.

Manager

Moyes interview. RVP was a late decision (think he said injured earlier this week, not yesterday?), they were hopeful. Nothing serious, out a few days. Might play Wednesday.

tri_willy

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 6m

Young on pitch instead of Kagawa!? WHY YOU NO JUST RIP OUT JAPANESE HEART MOYES, END MISERY OF KAGAWA YOU COCK-A-SUCKING FACE OF SKELINGTON!

poor shinji

vall03

Well, I have mixed feelings with the game, from what I've seen but great that we won and got the 3 pts. and also top of the league. Want to watch City - United but I need to sleep now since I need to wake up early tomorrow. Really hope this form continues, next couple of fixtures are tough.

Top Bottom