• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Blablurn

tumblr_mtotp6F7F61s30fcoo1_400.gif

Into

You didn't know about our woeful conversion rate?

I didnt know it was this bad, i thought Tottenham was this years "top team that cannot score". Liverpool had far better chances than Manure here, yet here we are

Gervinho scored for Roma, they are top of the league still

PowderedToast

hard lines

soft goal, rodgers outsmarted moyes and we controlled most of the game - more fit strikers and we probably would've took it. fergie would've never let us control the 2nd half like that though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Shame, Liverpool played well generally. You can't defend corners like that and win a game like this sadly.

ShogunX

Should never of lost that. Not often an away tie at Old Trafford is there for the taking but yet again some shit defending from a set piece has cost us.

Utd stunk of Everton after the goal but it's got them through. Wank. Suarez the best player on the pitch.

I didnt know it was this bad, i thought Tottenham was this years "top team that cannot score". Liverpool had far better chances than Manure here, yet here we are

Gervinho scored for Roma, they are top of the league still

God with the assist, was it nice???

Gervinho is a lucky boy, thy Lord would have killed him had he misses any more setups

Not a terrible performance, formation didn't give us the platform to exploit Giggs and Jones

Suarez looks sharp as fuck. Not sure if Sturridge is tired or injured, but he shouldn;t have played today, and because he did, he definitely shouldn't play against Sunderland. Nice to see Kelly back and getting through 15 minutes without getting injured

And hey, its only the League Cup :(

sohois

In the end the only real downside is playing such a strong team rather than resting players. Outplayed United but couldn't make it count, but since its only the league cup its not the end of the world to go out.

Also I'll take some small schadenfreude from seeing sacred cows Kagawa and Januzaj do absolutely nothing of note.

ikLKxgNunvkcH.gif

We are, right now anyway, at Liverpool's level.

I guess we were without a lot of first teamers, down the spine at least...but Liverpool are pretty unlucky to have lost that.

Entertaining enough cup tie on the whole. Kagawa played well, on the wing. Moyes, can't you see?

Clegg

Thought we were a bit poor tbh. Still little to no creativity and we had a few dodgy moments in defence too.

Kagawa had a decent second half and so did Rooney.

Evans gave me some Vidic vibes when he went to the midfield to intercept balls and called Smalling on his BS defending.

Moyes' cheeky smile that he always tries to hide but can't like a little baby always slays me.

GorillaJu

Never happy to lose, especially not to United, but it's the Capitol One Cup, not the league. When we went 1-0 down I couldn't ever be completely happy if we had equalized, since that would have meant 120 minutes and likely a replay at a time when the squad isn't at its deepest.

Kelly and Suarez back, a good overall team performance and a few chances that could have gone in on another day... Can't be too upset here. Feel like we were the better team on the balance of play but as always, needed a better final ball.

Top Bottom