• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Best

We looked a bit average but our team was players that had hardly any minutes so far this season against a full strength Liverpool side.

Fry

Don't give a shit about this cup anyway, I want league points.

Pls win against Sunderland. Pls.

Can't deal with Arsenal fans saying Lolerpool anymore.

Good result without it ever being a great performance.

Glad Nani showed why he should be first choice winger.

Giggs wasn't completely terrible today.

Pleased with Evans's and Chicha's performances.

Most of all I'm happy we didn't lose again.

Tc91

Adnan is gonna look gooooood in sky blue.

Pls no :(

Good win that, not overly troubled today.

Pea needs to play more, Shinji too. Jones wasn't even bad either.

Aye, Pea should play ahead of Welbeck as the out and out striker when RVP isn't available, he was really good.

Just seems like a lack of minutes for Shinji, not gonna go overboard with comments that his career at United is over, will see at the end of the season. Was much much better in the 2nd half though.

Good result without it ever being a great performance.

Glad Nani showed why he should be first choice winger.

Giggs wasn't completely terrible today.

Pleased with Evans's and Chicha's performances.

Most of all I'm happy we didn't lose again.

Nani was his usual self.

Some nice touches but just stupid decisions again and again all over the pitch.

EDIT - That is better than Young though lol

ShogunX

Never happy to lose, especially not to United, but it's the Capitol One Cup, not the league. When we went 1-0 down I couldn't ever be completely happy if we had equalized, since that would have meant 120 minutes and likely a replay at a time when the squad isn't at its deepest.

Kelly and Suarez back, a good overall team performance and a few chances that could have gone in on another day... Can't be too upset here. Feel like we were the better team on the balance of play but as always, needed a better final ball.

Fucking hell have a word with yourself mate. Have to take each game as it comes rather than worrying about who is up next all the time.

I would of bitten your hand of for extra time as I'm sure 99% of other LFC fans would of.

Nani was his usual self.

EDIT - That is probably better than Young though lol

I swear he had lead in the toes of his boots. Every shot seems to be hit with so much unnecessary power.

We really need to improve in attack. Its bad enough when you're fucking the chances up, but far worse when you struggle to create genuine chances at all

kharma45

Nani was his usual self.

EDIT - That is probably better than Young though lol

He was better than Young, but still frustratingly poor. Would liked to have seen Zaha get half an hour in his place.

Tc91

Nani was his usual self.

EDIT - That is better than Young though lol

I'd rather him doing that though cause if 1 flies in like the 1 vs Chelsea then we are jizzing over it. Much better than cut back Ashley Young and drill it at 100mph Valencia.

K1LLER7

Thought Liverpool were okay. Sakho(?) needs to improve his passing on the ball. Felt he rushed and gave the ball away quite easily at times. Should improve with more games I think.

United looked better today. Rafael at RB is a massive difference to the team. Thought Shinji did well, esp in 2nd half when he went more central. Nani did okay linking up, but he could improve on his final ball. We need to give Zaha a chance against WBA.

Giggs was my MOTM. Was great today.

Oh Evans was great too. Good to have him back. Would start him over Rio at the moment.

WJD

Relatively happy with the wide players there. Happy enough with them to know that they should be our starting pair anyway.

doicare

That game was no different from when United played Liverpool in the league except this time Liverpool didn't get the lucky break in the box. United reserves>Liverpool first team.

pulga

Banned
Never happy to lose, especially not to United, but it's the Capitol One Cup, not the league. When we went 1-0 down I couldn't ever be completely happy if we had equalized, since that would have meant 120 minutes and likely a replay at a time when the squad isn't at its deepest.

Dat mediocre thinking. No wonder Liverpool never leaves its rut.

Fucking hell have a word with yourself mate. Have to take each game as it comes rather than worrying about who is up next all the time.

I would of bitten your hand of for extra time as I'm sure 99% of other LFC fans would of.

I swear he had lead in the toes of his boots. Every shot seems to be hit with so much unnecessary power.

:lol

Yeah he does get serious power on his shots. He strikes the ball very cleanly actually, as expected though his technique is great.

He's just thick.

bjaelke

Thought Liverpool were okay. Sakho(?) needs to improve his passing on the ball. Felt he rushed and gave the ball away quite easily at times. Should improve with more games I think.
They do like them hoof balls in PSG. Hopefully he'll become more comfortable on the ball and be able to pass it up the field or out wide on the ground.

Sturridge needs a rest ASAP and we need somebody in advanced positions to pull off those final balls. Haven't really seen much of Alberto but it seems to me like he'd be able to do that to some degree. Hopefully Kelly's fully fit soon to free Henderson up to be a central option if we persist with 3-5-2. Suarez looking decent. Thing is, if we rest Sturridge who plays up front in a 3-5-2 with Suarez? Aspas?

Injuries, bloody injuries.

GorillaJu

I would have rather won, even if it took 120 minutes, but we didn't. The worst case scenario would be a 120 minute loss or a replay, which would have still been perfectly likely if we had equalized, even though we were the better team I thought.

Eh, we're out of the Cocup, and it's a second loss in a row. We have a game in a few days where we can get things on the right track again. Already looking forward to it.

pulga

Banned

Hear hear

Now this is a 'pool fan I can get behind

Fuck that "buuhh its 120 mins our million dollar players are gun get tiiiired"

Go for every game, fight for every title. If you dont, one day youll wake up and be an Arsenal fan

sohois

They do like them hoof balls in PSG. Hopefully he'll become more comfortable on the ball and be able to pass it up the field or out wide on the ground.

I thought the centre backs were the high point of the performance, Sakho included. It never seemed like they had much to do but they restricted United entirely to long shots

Sturridge needs a rest ASAP and we need somebody in advanced positions to pull off those final balls. Haven't really seen much of Alberto but it seems to me like he'd be able to do that to some degree. Hopefully Kelly's fully fit soon to free Henderson up to be a central option if we persist with 3-5-2. Suarez looking decent. Thing is, if we rest Sturridge who plays up front in a 3-5-2 with Suarez? Aspas?

Injuries, bloody injuries.

Of course Aspas. He is a striker.

Top Bottom