• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

No Walcott for Napoli but we should have Rosciky back for the game. He will be a welcome asset to our squad again. We can start having a bench and rotating players again finally.

Just need to get to the international break without major stuff ups or more injuries.
Rosicky is long overdue to retire from international football.

Too many injuries picked up with them, he needs to focus on Arsenal.

FootballFan

United reserves losing 1-0

Bury has been dominating since the 20th minutes. Cole and Periera have done the best. They do well every time they have the ball. Can't do much with it because the center is just too packed. Wilson and Keane have been quiet, with the former being the most quiet. Varela has been running non stop. :lol love this guy

Why are bebe, lingard, Powell, etc better than januzaj by so much in fifa... ea pls

Lightning

Banned
Rosicky is long overdue to retire from international football.

Too many injuries picked up with them, he needs to focus on Arsenal.
It's World Cup year and if everyone is fit he would only make our bench so why should he only focus on us? It's not his fault Walcott, Cazorla etc... are injured.

I'm sure he will call it a day after the World Cup but isn't this his last year with us? I don't think he's extended his contract yet. We could lose Sagna and Rosicky at the end of the current season.

Salvadora

It's World Cup year and if everyone is fit he would only make our bench so why should he only focus on us? It's not his fault Walcott, Cazorla etc... are injured.

I'm sure he will call it a day after the World Cup but isn't this his last year with us? I don't think he's extended his contract yet. We could lose Sagna and Rosicky at the end of the current season.
Rosicky was instrumental in us getting to fourth last season, he isn't a bit part player at all. You listed our December(?) fixtures this morning, there is a very similar list for November too. We play an absolute metric ton of games against all levels of competition this year.

It is the last year of his contract, but he expressed a desire to get a new contract with us. It should come with stipulations.

Lightning

Banned
Rosicky was instrumental in us getting to fourth last season, he isn't a bit part player at all. You listed our December(?) fixtures this morning, there is a very similar list for November too. We play an absolute metric ton of games against all levels of competition this year.

It is the last year of his contract, but he expressed a desire to get a new contract with us. It should come with stipulations.
I listed November's fixtures, December's is just as bad though. December has Everton, Napoli, Manchester City in the same week... Fuck that shit.

Wenger's rotation policy is always dodgy. If everyone is fit Rosciky will start very few games based on Wenger's past. He will start the same 11 and rotate subs at various points and maybe start occasionally in games he deems weaker. That is the Wenger way based on his past.

Salvadora

I listed November's fixtures, December's is just as bad though. December has Everton, Napoli, Manchester City in the same week... Fuck that shit.

Wenger's rotation policy is always dodgy. If everyone is fit Rosciky will start very few games based on Wenger's past. He will start the same 11 and rotate subs at various points and maybe start occasionally in games he deems weaker. That is the Wenger way based on his past.
It is, but Wenger has adapted some of his past habits recently so I'm hopeful he will have learnt somewhat about rotating players. The quality we will have on the bench (in midfield) should make me a little confident.

I think Wenger has a lot of trust in Rosicky too which should help.

Meier

The gang tries to win an award? That was so good lol.

Yeah, so good. When Dee "stepped out of her light" I was almost crying. Last season was a little out there even for Sunny but I still enjoyed it (my wife did not) but I've definitely laughed more and harder at the few episodes this season already than all of 8.

Blablurn

this gave me a good laugh haha

p3q0iWp.gif

Poor unsuspecting guy

FootballFan

Yeah, so good. When Dee "stepped out of her light" I was almost crying. Last season was a little out there even for Sunny but I still enjoyed it (my wife did not) but I've definitely laughed more and harder at the few episodes this season already than all of 8.

Season 6 was the low point imo, and even that had great moments. I pretty much love em all.

omgkitty

October

19 - Norwich
22 - Dortmund
26 - @ Crystal Palace
29 - Chelsea

November

2 - Liverpool
6 - @ Dortmund
10 - @ United
23 - Southampton
26 - Marseille
30 - @ Cardiff

December

4 - Hull
7 - Everton
11 - @ Napoli
14 - @ City
21 - @ Chelsea
26 - @ West Ham
28 - @ Newcastle

Look at the end of December. 5 games all away from home, with 3 of those being very tough. This doesn't even include another midweek match we'll have if we beat Chelsea in the league cup.

Suen

of the series!

my gf kept talking about it. the whole internet too. now i need to know whats behind it.
So you jumped into the Breaking Bad bandwagon just like you jumped into the Bayern bandwagon?

<3

edit: PELANTY FOR FIORENTINA!

edit 2: Rossiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

FootballFan

of the series!

my gf kept talking about it. the whole internet too. now i need to know whats behind it.

It's great and it gets better and better. People are going overboard though with the hype but that shouldn't effect how you enjoy it lol.

Will be tough to avoid spoilers when the final episode ever is out on Sunday/Monday.

Suen

It's great and it gets better and better. People are going overboard though with the hype but that shouldn't effect how you enjoy it lol.

Will be tough to avoid spoilers when the final episode ever is out on Sunday/Monday.
It's def overhyped. It's ok, good and interesting to follow, some episodes are great but overall it's nothing special imo. Certainly nothing I'd re-watch and likely not something I will be remembering very clearly years later.

Zabojnik

It's def overhyped. It's ok, good and interesting to follow, some episodes are great but overall it's nothing special imo. Certainly nothing I'd re-watch and likely not something I will be remembering very clearly years later.

As opposed to ... what show?

Timurid

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WHAT A SHIT HOUSE FIORE ARE!

Lol campagnaro punching the ball in the air and gets yellow.

Suen

As opposed to ... what show?
None? I'm judging it on it's own. I just don't think it's as great as people claim it to be. I do however
love the relationship between Walter and Jessie.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WHAT A SHIT HOUSE FIORE ARE!

Lol campagnaro punching the ball in the air and gets yellow.
You will eat what you said when you play against them.

He seems to be impressing a lot of late, would be nice to see him come through and actually have a local lad who can score goals.

Well Keane was very impressive, but had that injury that kept him out for a long time. He's just come back into the team. He's scored 3 goals in 2 games, but two of those were very easy finishes. The gif is a great finish however. Keane was much more involved in the build up of the attack than Wilson, but Wilson had a tidy finish from a Varela through ball.

Impressed with Thorpe today. If any of the cbs make it I think he will. Thorpe can also dribble his way up the pitch rather well. Michael Keane makes too many mistakes for me.

Pereira didn't impress me today. Had some good moments, but the usual things he does didn't come off today. Couldn't dribble his way past players with the success rate he usually has and some of the physicality through his balance off when trying to shoot from distance. It's to be expected though. Today was his first game for the u21s and Bury had some overage players and their youth players were rather big too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS7XEoVkHmM

FootballFan

I disagree, I think it is special. Probably one of my favourite shows ever, it's fantastic, amazing etc. Music, directing, acting, (USUALLY)writing, are all so good.

My point about the hype is people just blindly loving everything, in every scene, and not accepting any, even small, criticism about the show because they are filled to the top of the head with hype.

Those BB fans are just like me when anyone here talks negatively about Barca, the perfect club :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom