• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

I know my brother absolutely loved the new Nexus 7 tablet, guess the phone will be superb. I'll probably revert back to stock when 4.3 comes out unless you can upgrade via the custom rom so I don't have to fanny about again.

I hope it will be, and hope that the price is as reasonable as the N4 was. Shouldn't be too far off at least.

Lightning

Banned
Not at all, there's nothing to be proud of how Madrid won that game. It's just that Rosell should be the last one to open his mouth about it. What he said is the same as this:

"Thanks for helping us win the game ref, that disallowed goal and additional injury time sure was nice. Here's your money"

Days later

"Omg how can he give a penalty based on that shitty decision to Madrid!!!!"

He's a fucking hypocrite, what a cunt.
I'm not defending Barcelona. They are hypocritical scum too. It's just sad for the league that the lower teams get hardly any money, need to struggle for survival and sell their best players, and get screwed for their points on top of that.

Makes for one pathetic league where only Madrid and Barca fans can care to watch it.

Suen

I'm not defending Barcelona. They are hypocritical scum too. It's just sad for the league that the lower teams get hardly any money, need to struggle for survival and sell their best players, and get screwed for their points on top of that.

Makes for one pathetic league where only Madrid and Barca fans can care to watch it.
This is not changing anytime soon. I mean I'd love to see Atletico, Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla, Malaga and other teams up there but it's not happening. Barca and Madrid have their monopoly over the entire thing so it will continue to be a two-team race. Props to Atletico for keeping it up despite that. I still expect them to beat us in the derby this week if our performance against Elche is anything to go by.

Salvadora

He was very involved in the Ozil signing so I'm hopeful that he's going to help us finally.
From what I've read, Arsenal and Real Madrid have a very good relationship. Perez in particular is well known to both Wenger and Kroenke.

I don't want a squad of drama queens or cast-offs, but I wouldn't mind hanging about outside the Bernabeu each summer to see who they cast out.

Lightning

Banned
From what I've read, Arsenal and Real Madrid have a very good relationship. Perez in particular is well known to both Wenger and Kroenke.

I don't want a squad of drama queens or cast-offs, but I wouldn't mind hanging about outside the Bernabeu each summer to see who they cast out.
Benzema please. I back Wenger to get a lot out of the Benz.

This is not changing anytime soon. I mean I'd love to see Atletico, Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla, Malaga and other teams up there but it's not happening. Barca and Madrid have their monopoly over the entire thing so it will continue to be a two-team race. Props to Atletico for keeping it up despite that. I still expect them to beat us in the derby this week if our performance against Elche is anything to go by.

Atletico get a good amount of money too. Very comparable to the top 4 PL teams from the old tv deals.

Meier

Alvaro Negredo hopes the Manchester City fans will call him ‘the Beast’ after he helped rip Manchester United apart.

The 6ft 1in Negredo was nicknamed ‘the Beast of Vallecas’ by his team-mates in Spain after the tough district in Madrid where he was raised.

Now Negredo would love supporters of the Mancunian Blues to adopt his nickname.

“It makes me smile when they call me the Beast,” said the Spain striker, who cost £16.5million from Sevilla in the summer. “But, yes, I like to think that I’m a strong player, who can fight and be physical.

“It was my team-mates, who first started calling me the Beast of Vallecas. But it became so popular that the media in Spain also started to use the nickname as well.

“You should ask the fans what they think, but it’s a nickname I like.

“I hope they can call me that over here as well. Hopefully the way I played against United will convince them to do it and I would be happy if they did.

“I always enjoy a physical battle. Nemanja Vidic is a very strong player, very aggressive. But I enjoyed that sort of contact with an opponent.

“As long as opponents play fair, it’s not a problem to me, because I’m always ready for the challenge.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-alvaro-negredo-loves-2306706?

Beastmode.

Why do you care?

Not that it really matters that much, but if he isn't coaching by next season then we'll have to pay another year of his wages. With FFP, it'd be preferable if that weren't the case.

Not that it really matters that much, but if he isn't coaching by next season then we'll have to pay another year of his wages. With FFP, it'd be preferable if that weren't the case.

And here I thought it was because you liked him so much and you wanted to see him back in the game.

Salvadora

Benzema please. I back Wenger to get a lot out of the Benz.
Top class striker and CB should be the priority next summer, easily. We will probably have to overpay for the former, but that's just the way it is these days. Benzema... eh.. he would be way overpriced and too cuntish relative to his ability.

Kroenke commented on the Suarez affair, said his relationship with Henry is good,
“We were at a media conference in Sun Valley this summer, both of us were there,” said Kroenke. “Before I was getting there - and we have a lot of friends in common and I know John pretty well - people were already texting me, ‘John says you can have Suarez.’
:lol

Meier

And here I thought it was because you liked him so much and you wanted to see him back in the game.
What can I say, I'm desperate to see his luxurious hair and scowling face on the sideline again. And to see if he sticks with the scarf theme at his new club.

Salvadora

Kroenke also defended the Glazer family in that interview...

He said that United's commercial revenue has grown substantially under them and they've been very successful on the pitch, so who cares if they take money out of the club. It happens in the US and the fans don't care.

For shame, for shame.

Barzul

Kroenke also defended the Glazer family in that interview...

He said that United's commercial revenue has grown substantially under them and they've been very successful on the pitch, so who cares if they take money out of the club. It happens in the US and the fans don't care.

For shame, for shame.
He's technically right though.

low just does whatever bayern's coach does. he copied van gaal's system, and now he's doing the same with guardiola's, assuming that's true.

i don't rate him.

It's true. Well, you could say that Löw (or Klinsmann) was the first to think of it considering that Lahm played as DM back in 2006 or something when we had some injury crisis. But now, we have two Benders, Gündogan, Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Khedira as DMs, while we don't even have a good RB cover. To even think about putting Lahm there shows that he tries everything to please his Bayern players. And his constant shitting on BVB players but that's something nobody outside of Germany notices.

Lunchbox

Banned
He's technically right though.

it works in the us because how much you earn does not effect the team. everyone has to stay in the salary cap and so every team has a chance to win any given year and maintain competitiveness

there are no slave owning hgh teams like barca or government back crooks like Madrid or sugar daddies ruining leagues. so whatever the owners earn above the expenses they can take without affecting the on field team or their performance. money is taken out of the equation, league revenue is shared and it comes down to coaching talent and scouting. Swansea should be able to compete with bayern Munich if their coaching talent is there, not because they play in a joke league with no competition where you buy up your competition.

the profit they takeout works basically like a bonus for making the team successful because it's actual profit after the salary cap spending. not funds the club needs.

in mafia run Europe that's not possible. clubs without corrupt money has to spend smart or become Liverpool and united are the next Liverpool without fergie

Barzul

it works in the us because how much you earn does not effect the team. everyone has to stay in the salary cap and so every team has a chance to win any given year and maintain competitiveness

there are no slave owning hgh teams like barca or government back crooks like Madrid or sugar daddies ruining leagues. so whatever the owners earn above the expenses they can take without affecting the on field team or their performance. money is taken out of the equation, league revenue is shared and it comes down to coaching talent and scouting. Swansea should be able to compete with bayern Munich if their coaching talent is there, not because they play in a joke league with no competition where you buy up your competition.

the profit they takeout works basically like a bonus for making the team successful because it's actual profit after the salary cap spending. not funds the club needs.

in mafia run Europe that's not possible. clubs without corrupt money has to spend smart or become Liverpool and united are the next Liverpool without fergie
Never looked at it that way. Even after living in the US for 4 years, I never quite got the American sports model. This explains a lot. I'm guessing baseball is the only US sport that doesn't suffer from this as it has no salary cap?

Lunchbox

Banned
Never looked at it that way. Even after living in the US for 4 years, I never quite got the American sports model. This explains a lot. I'm guessing baseball is the only US sport that doesn't suffer from this as it has no salary cap?
baseball did not get a overhaul it needed like the nba, nfl and nhl had. it has a lot of legacy rules from the 40s and 50s that stinks of the European models with lots of grey areas because there are scum bag marketing teams like the Yankees who are basically the Real Madrid of the league and can do whatever they want. that's why it's also the league with most steroid bans and bribes.

MLB overhaul is another big topic. that's why you'll see jokes about how baseball isn't a sport in a lot US sports threads.

Scum

Hello, cunts.

Kyoufu, I am joining your very tiny team of Wii U owners. Bayonetta 2 has convinced me, played it at Eurogamer today, do want. It will probably be the only game I get for the Wii U but it will be worth it.

Welcome! \o/

On top of the table. Feels good.
nRE5oUz.png

And after we crush Spartak 5-0 this weekend it will an even nicer table.

Arsh doing good. Nice.

Batigol

Banned
I watched Heat 'cause someone mentioned it in this thread.

Does Al Pacino always overact like this? He's always shouting or being kooky.

It's a pretty good movie apart from that. Mainly because of De Niro

Slizz

Yes.

The end of Heat is why everyone recommends it.

Pls watch some of Pacino's older films. Man is an acting god.

Also, yeah De Niro is so fucking cool in that film.

Clegg

Lets not go back to the Pacino debate. He was so good until Scent of a Woman. I know he won an Oscar for that performance but that's when he really started his shouty scene chewing method.

Batigol

Banned
Lets not go back to the Pacino debate. He was so good until Scent of a Woman. I know he won an Oscar for that performance but that's when he really started his shouty scene chewing method.

He chewed an awful lot of gum in Heat :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom