• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Mazzarri time is approaching.

mazzarri_orologio_napoliR400_thumb400x275.jpg

EDIT: LOOOOOL and here it comes. Classic.

Suen

I disagree, I think it is special. Probably one of my favourite shows ever, it's fantastic, amazing etc. Music, directing, acting, (USUALLY)writing, are all so good.

My point about the hype is people just blindly loving everything, in every scene, and not accepting any, even small, criticism about the show because they are filled to the top of the head with hype.

Those BB fans are just like me when anyone here talks negatively about Barca, the perfect club :p
I have to admit that the acting is pretty good, it feels very natural (and the lack of bombardment of sexual themes, which is very common today, is refreshing) but I'm not feeling it. It's not bad by any means, but I don't see it as this second coming either.

Suen

man this must suck for Ambrosini. Getting kicked out by the club he spent almost his whole career at, coming back to San Siro to lose against the local rivals of his former team.

Suen

I really don't see either of those two winning the title.

Napoli can though.
Napoli's run is over. Sassuolo spelled the end of their season.

Roma sold Khal Drogo, Marquinhos and Lamela. They brought in a player like Gervinho and yet they are at the top of the table. What the fuck is going on?

edit: poor Ambro, would have been delicious to get a goal there for him.

cremino

Napoli's run is over. Sassuolo spelled the end of their season.

Roma sold Khal Drogo, Marquinhos and Lamela. They brought in a player like Gervinho and yet they are at the top of the table. What the fuck is going on?

edit: poor Ambro, would have been delicious to get a goal there for him.

And Milan has the same results as in 1981/1982 season when they were relegated

Fady K

If walter can keep this up with inter hats off to him. Hats off to Roma as well if they can go all the way. Hoping Napoli gets back to the action soon. If the table stays this competitive then the Serie A may get pretty special this year!

kharma45

Well Keane was very impressive, but had that injury that kept him out for a long time. He's just come back into the team. He's scored 3 goals in 2 games, but two of those were very easy finishes. The gif is a great finish however. Keane was much more involved in the build up of the attack than Wilson, but Wilson had a tidy finish from a Varela through ball.

Impressed with Thorpe today. If any of the cbs make it I think he will. Thorpe can also dribble his way up the pitch rather well. Michael Keane makes too many mistakes for me.

Pereira didn't impress me today. Had some good moments, but the usual things he does didn't come off today. Couldn't dribble his way past players with the success rate he usually has and some of the physicality through his balance off when trying to shoot from distance. It's to be expected though. Today was his first game for the u21s and Bury had some overage players and their youth players were rather big too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS7XEoVkHmM

Cheers for the impressions on the kids, must check on Reddit too for some other write ups.

Suen

And Milan has the same results as in 1981/1982 season when they were relegated
To be fair they've had some of their better players injured. They were shit around this time last season as well. I bet Allegri will find a way to pull it through. I don't see Milan winning though, my bet is on Napoli and Juventus. If Roma continue with their unbeaten run then may you have something special there. Besides, Inter, Roma and Fiorentina won't need to rotate their players as often this season, huge advantage for them.

edit: nvm forgot Fiorentina is in EL.

Tc91

Sweet jesus fuck. I thought I broke my S4 then trying to install a custom ROM on it.

It got stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 boot up screen and wouldn't charge or anything. I absolutely shit my pants.

Suen

If walter can keep this up with inter hats off to him. Hats off to Roma as well if they can go all the way. Hoping Napoli gets back to the action soon. If the table stays this competitive then the Serie A may get pretty special this year!
Serie A is looking really good this year and with Inter and Roma doing good so far it will only get more exciting for the top teams. Good season for Serie A and for EPL. La Liga continues to be Lol Liga.

Fady K

Juventus won their league titles because of a very solid combination of their skill, determination, good tactics mixed with a very important element - consistency. It shows in their play IMO. They are a superb tea, but it would be nice for a neutral to see the serie a heat up this season all the way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We'll see the true contenders in January. Inter and Roma beating scrubs doesn't make them title favourites.

Zabojnik

I know, corruption there is high but the match fixing is weaker. Will you win another Scandaletto? We can only wait and see.

This coming from a Parma fan. A club quite literally built on corruption. It doesn't get more ironic than that, I think.

kharma45

Sweet jesus fuck. I thought I broke my S4 then trying to install a custom ROM on it.

It got stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 boot up screen and wouldn't charge or anything. I absolutely shit my pants.

If I went back to an Android phone I dunno if I could really be bothered fucking around with all that shite again, would probably just run it at stock the way the phone comes.

Suen

Juventus won their league titles because of a very solid combination of their skill, determination, good tactics mixed with a very important element - consistency. It shows in their play IMO. They are a superb tea, but it would be nice for a neutral to see the serie a heat up this season all the way.
They've been really smart throughout these years. Best part is that unlike many other teams they really do invest on the spots they really need more strength in. Bringing in Teves was such a great choice and exactly what they needed, least a Juventus fan wants to tell me that players like Quagliarella or Giovinco are enough. They occasionally have their shit results but yes, very good consistency, investments in the right parts and very determined to do well. It's all thanks to Parma legend Buffon.

We'll see the true contenders in January. Inter and Roma beating scrubs doesn't make them title favourites.
Yep, bit too early to tell. But Napoli and Juve are favorites.

This coming from a Parma fan. A club quite literally built on corruption. It doesn't get more ironic than that, I think.
Zabo pls, our corruption is not enough big to bring us titles and we currently have Donadoni as manager. Give us a break.

Wilbur

Banned
I really don't see either of those two winning the title.

Napoli can though.

Think Juve are just a step above everyone else to be honest. In theory Napoli are pretty close but then they have Europe to deal with, same with Viola and Milan. Roma don't have those burdens and their squad isn't as strong but their manager is great, same with Inter. I think Juve have got first wrapped up but the CL battle should be real interesting this year.

Tc91

If I went back to an Android phone I dunno if I could really be bothered fucking around with all that shite again, would probably just run it at stock the way the phone comes.

Yeah this seems kind of nice but is it worth it? I'm not so sure.

I'm 100% not putting it back to stock for a while, I will probably fuck it up again.

Suen

Think Juve are just a step above everyone else to be honest. In theory Napoli are pretty close but then they have Europe to deal with, same with Viola and Milan. Roma don't have those burdens and their squad isn't as strong but their manager is great, same with Inter. I think Juve have got first wrapped up but the CL battle should be real interesting this year.
Napoli has CL to consider but surely having sold Cavani and bringing in a few players with that money should help them, especially when they start rotating players? Rafa did a good job with that in Chelsea, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to do the same with Napoli.

Kyoufu, I am joining your very tiny team of Wii U owners. Bayonetta 2 has convinced me, played it at Eurogamer today, do want. It will probably be the only game I get for the Wii U but it will be worth it.

kharma45

Yeah this seems kind of nice but is it worth it? I'm not so sure.

I'm 100% not putting it back to stock for a while, I will probably fuck it up again.

Android has improved enough that I sort of feel that custom ROMs are less needed now, but I can see the appeal in why people still do it.

Slizz

Beat GTAV just now. Ending felt kind of abrupt I guess? Dunno, good game, glad I have a shitload of cash to fuck off with now until Multiplayer.

pappe

Android has improved enough that I sort of feel that custom ROMs are less needed now, but I can see the appeal in why people still do it.
The only reason I wanna install a custom ROM on my S4 is to get rid of the pre loaded shit. But not worth it I feel.
I am quite satisfied with the phone otherwise.

Suen

Rosell ridicules Madrid penalty call

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has ridiculed the decision to give Real Madrid a stoppage-time penalty that allowed them to beat Elche 2-1.

Cristiano Ronaldo's free kick looked set to see the Blancos through Wednesday's Liga clash, but the hosts equalised in added time to make a draw look certain.

However, referee Cesar Muniz Fernandez - who had been making questionable calls perceived to be in the visitors' favour all game - made a controversial decision to give Carlo Ancelotti's men a penalty that Ronaldo converted.

Rosell mocked the call and said the decision speaks for itself.

"I still can not believe it," Rosell told reporters at Thursday's RFEF assembly in Bilbao.

"Looking at the evidence, there's no need for me to make any more comment on the issue."
Does this idiot even watch the games of the club he owns?

Barcelona 3 - 2 Sevilla
Referee: Muñiz Fernández

Tc91

Aye, same here. Going back to stock is gonna be for another day when I'm less stressed.

The only reason I wanna install a custom ROM on my S4 is to get rid of the pre loaded shit. But not worth it I feel.
I am quite satisfied with the phone otherwise.

This feels really snappy and quick but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle and worry after going through that.

kharma45

Aye, same here. Going back to stock is gonna be for another day when I'm less stressed.

This feels really snappy and quick but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle and worry after going through that.

I know if I were to go back to Android I'd grab a Nexus, the fact it's just clean appeals a lot. It'll be between the Nexus 5 and the Lumia 1520 for my next phone.

Lightning

Banned
Does this idiot even watch the games of the club he owns?

Barcelona 3 - 2 Sevilla
Referee: Muñiz Fernández
That's your justification??? But but but but but Barca's game everyone..... ??? That's ridiculous man and does nothing for the La Liga.

Tc91

I know if I were to go back to Android I'd grab a Nexus, the fact it's just clean appeals a lot. It'll be between the Nexus 5 and the Lumia 1520 for my next phone.

I know my brother absolutely loved the new Nexus 7 tablet, guess the phone will be superb. I'll probably revert back to stock when 4.3 comes out unless you can upgrade via the custom rom so I don't have to fanny about again.

Suen

That's your justification??? But but but but but Barca's game everyone..... ??? That's ridiculous man and does nothing for the La Liga.
Not at all, there's nothing to be proud of how Madrid won that game. It's just that Rosell should be the last one to open his mouth about it. What he said is the same as this:

"Thanks for helping us win the game ref, that disallowed goal and additional injury time sure was nice. Here's your money"

Days later

"Omg how can he give a penalty based on that shitty decision to Madrid!!!!"

He's a fucking hypocrite, what a cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom