• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm tempted to make a bet tonight. I'm thinking Shakhtar/Bayern/PSG.

Where are the regular betting hounds at, I need some advice.
None of Shakhtar Donetsk's 55 Champions League games has ended in a 0-0. Bet on that yo

What are the likely upsets tonight?

City and United winning wouldn't be that surreal, expect both games to be tight.

Do Galatasaray have any chance? :lol

dc89

Does Hope Solo support City? Or does she just root for us in big games.

Her last few tweets are about us beating United and wishing us luck for tonight.

shes a blue hnng

Fergie

Banned
Man, what is Moyes doing.

Could have played Kagawa in the middle since Rooney is sick. I just can't.

I've been Calma, but this shit is annoying me.

Losing two CL finals in three years sucked hard.

Aww.

Do one.

:p

Seriously, Bayern fans are with Man Utd fans in that they have to right to complain about the hard times unless they've been a supporter for a number of decades. Your tough periods have been but a blip. No years in the wilnerness, no relegation, no lack of CL, no club-related scandals. I feel silly enough when I look at my whinging about Liverpool in the context of how good we have it compared to 95% of other fans, but a Bayern fan whinging about losing a couple of finals in the midst of an otherwise massivly successful period? I'm not having it :p

noal

Banned
He would do well enough for us. Fee is well beyond what he's worth but we don't have that many options.

If the position is that important to fill, and to show backing to a new manager, then United should just eat the cost because we'll look pretty silly if we don't qualify for the CL.

But we should definitely back a manager in the transfer market who has a six year contract.

K1LLER7

Hope we are playing a 4-3-3.

Clev - Fellani - Carrick

Midfield could be good. Would prefer Kagawa over Cleverly in there.

Clegg

Man, what is Moyes doing.

Could have played Kagawa in the middle since Rooney is sick. I just can't.

I've been Calma, but this shit is annoying me.

Moyes obv doesn't think he's a fit for United.

Wouldn't have subbed him off at HT last weekend if he thought he was playing well.

kharma45

If the position is that important to fill, and to show backing to a new manager, then United should just eat the cost because we'll look pretty silly if we don't qualify for the CL.

But we should definitely back a manager in the transfer market who has a six year contract.

Our biggest problem is getting people who are actually available and are already well proven. I'm struggling to think on players we could tempt away from other clubs.

noal

Banned
Moyes obv doesn't think he's a fit for United.

Wouldn't have subbed him off at HT last weekend if he thought he was playing well.

Yep. To be fair its not looking good for Kagawa at the moment which is a shame because he's never really had a decent run in the team.

Meier

Does Hope Solo support City? Or does she just root for us in big games.

Her last few tweets are about us beating United and wishing us luck for tonight.

shes a blue hnng

Woohoo! Smart girl. She probably has a thing for Joe Hart.. kinda reminds me of a female version of him, lol.

noal

Banned
Our biggest problem is getting people who are actually available and are already well proven. I'm struggling to think on players we could tempt away from other clubs.

Plus with our form at the moment maybe players will be a bit apprehensive about joining us.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-20908-1363185894-4.gif

LegoArmo

Why isn't Nani starting? What does Hernandez have to do to get on in the first half?

Moyes thinks Welbeck and Valencia will help the defence and midfield more than Nani would.

I think it's a 4-3-3, one real striker, and of course it's Van Persie over Hernandez.

Salvadora

I don't really understand this, United are one of the biggest (biggest in mindshare, probably) clubs in the world. It should be like Barcelona and Real Madrid were players are tripping over themselves to play for you.

pappe

Fuxking hell. No Kagawa no Rooney and no Nani. We are fucked.

I hope we loose and then lose against Sunderland and Moyes is sacked. He is just totally out of his depth here.

Moyes thinks Welbeck and Valencia will help the defence and midfield more than Nani would.

I think it's a 4-3-3, one real striker, and of course it's Van Persie over Hernandez.

True, I just worry that United are going to end up with the same old problem of struggling to get the ball forward again, resulting in RVP looking like a lonely cloud amidst a rough sea of mediocrity.

Clegg

I don't really understand this, United are one of the biggest (biggest in mindshare, probably) clubs in the world. It should be like Barcelona and Real Madrid were players are tripping over themselves to play for you.

If we offered what Madrid or Barca do in transfer fee/wages then players would be queuing up to join us. But right now we're an elite club who won't compete for elite players.

Fergie

Banned
Fuxking hell. No Kagawa no Rooney and no Nani. We are fucked.

I hope we loose and then lose against Sunderland and Moyes is sacked. He is just totally out of his depth here.
I wouldn't want him sacked. Let him learn while it's early.

Evra is back in, and so is Rafael, he's learning.

Cleverly > Anderson.

Welbeck is better on the wing anyways, he just isn't a ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom