• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

True, I just worry that United are going to end up with the same old problem of struggling to get the ball forward again, resulting in RVP looking like a lonely cloud amidst a rough sea of mediocrity.

Probably, that's the problem.

If Moyes had bothered to buy the right players the midfield and defence wouldn't need that cover and your attacking players could have more flair and creativity.

Clegg

Fuxking hell. No Kagawa no Rooney and no Nani. We are fucked.

I hope we loose and then lose against Sunderland and Moyes is sacked. He is just totally out of his depth here.

Nonsense.

You should hope we win those games as Moyes will be given at least two seasons to build his team regardless of results.

Fergie

Banned
I don't really understand this, United are one of the biggest (biggest in mindshare, probably) clubs in the world. It should be like Barcelona and Real Madrid were players are tripping over themselves to play for you.

The balance has been tipped, for Arsenal to prosper, United must suffer.

If we don't win tonight I want us to finish bottom of the group with 1 point.

BOTTOM

You'll win and you'll be happy.

I don't really understand this, United are one of the biggest (biggest in mindshare, probably) clubs in the world. It should be like Barcelona and Real Madrid were players are tripping over themselves to play for you.

Seriously, who wants to play for Moyes? If I was a neutral player, I'd have jumped at the chance to play for Man Utd under Ferguson. Moyes though? Nah. Maybe if he wins enough he'll put himself on a level where top-class player want to play for him, but not yet.

Would Zaha have moved in hindsight? Palace are in the PL, he's not playing at all for the first team, and the slug has replaced the goat

Hala Madrid

WoodenLung get ready

I feel prepared for 10-0 but I know that once the first goal is in, I will still be as mad as ever about losing. We're starting with a player that has played like 10 matches for us and only one or two from the start, which was dumb cup matches. We're terrible, Brøndby beat us last week.

Fergie

Banned
Seriously, who wants to play for Moyes? If I was a neutral player, I'd have jumped at the chance to play for Man Utd under Ferguson. Moyes though? Nah. Maybe if he wins enough he'll put himself on a level where top-class player want to play for him, but not yet.

Would Zaha have moved in hindsight? Palace are in the PL, he's not playing at all for the first team, and the slug has replaced the goat

And he fucked his daughter. No wonder he has a permanent I shit myself face.

Salvadora

If we offered what Madrid or Barca do in transfer fee/wages then players would be queuing up to join us. But right now we're an elite club who won't compete for elite players.
Do you think the refusal to pay big agent fees could have something to do with that?

I dunno, if I was listing the most prestigious clubs in world football I would say Barcelona, Madrid, United. They would be in the same sentence, but yet it doesn't look like that in the transfer world. Like even in terms of players 'wanting' (as far as we know) to go there.

Edit: this includes pre-Moyes btw.

pappe

Nonsense.

You should hope we win those games as Moyes will be given at least two seasons to build his team regardless of results.

of course I dont want us to lose. But no mayter how much time we give Moyes he is not gonna change into a world beater.

I just don't like what Moyes is doing. Playing negative football. Treating Kagawa and Nani like shit, unable to motivate players to give a shit after going down. He is just not equipped tactically and man management ability to handle such a high pressure job and its painfully evident

kharma45

You guys should get Honda to replace Kagawa. Would be hilarious and cheap( free!).

I'd like Honda, always plays well when I watch him.

I just feel we've lost some star quality with Fergie gone in attracting people. When looking at quality midfielders I struggle to think who we could get. Someone like Modric would be great but he's not going to trade Madrid for Manchester,

I wouldn't want him sacked. Let him learn while it's early.

Evra is back in, and so is Rafael, he's learning.

Cleverly > Anderson.

Welbeck is better on the wing anyways, he just isn't a ST.

Yeah, but Welbeck doesn't work with Valencia. Both of them aren't great finishers. They're not some great creative force. They're not threatening. Luckily they don't have the misfortune that Shinji and Nani had. They actually have threatening fullbacks in Evra and Rafael as their partners.

I'm hoping for some RVP magic. Perhaps the 3 man midfield will give us a good deal of possession and someone unlikely will score.

Seriously, who wants to play for Moyes? If I was a neutral player, I'd have jumped at the chance to play for Man Utd under Ferguson. Moyes though?

That's why the Januzaj negotiations haven't progressed. With Fergie he knew he would be competing for trophies just as he was making a name for himself in the first team.

subtles

This one should be a cracker.

this-is-beautiful.gif

Beautiful.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FORZA JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Come on you cunts

COME ON

FootballFan

I want Man City to win but don't think I could handle Bayern fans complaining about Pep...They are already complaining that he is winning too much, imagine he loses.

BAAYEERRRN

Fergie

Banned
Yeah, but Welbeck doesn't work with Valencia. Both of them aren't great finishers. They're not some great creative force. They're not threatening. Luckily they don't have the misfortune that Shinji and Nani had. They actually have threatening fullbacks in Evra and Rafael as their partners.

I'm hoping for some RVP magic. Perhaps the 3 man midfield will give us a good deal of possession and someone unlikely will score.
Indeed, but Welbeck plays better on the wings helping with the link-up, he's not good enough centrally.

When are we gonna play our best possible XI. All these United-GAF formations just make me sad.

Dark Rider

I feel prepared for 10-0 but I know that once the first goal is in, I will still be as mad as ever about losing. We're starting with a player that has played like 10 matches for us and only one or two from the start, which was dumb cup matches. We're terrible, Brøndby beat us last week.

We will try to be gentle :p

fuenf

I want Man City to win but don't think I could handle Bayern fans complaining about Pep...They are already complaining that he is winning too much, imagine he loses.

BAAYEERRRN

what? Pep is awesome. No one is complaing about him, he is the best coach we could hope for. Making fun of his tactics is just our version of 'Messi texts him the lineups'

FootballFan

what? Pep is awesome. No one is complaing about him, he is the best coach we could hope for. Making fun of his tactics is just our version of 'Messi texts him the lineups'

Oh lol.

I was just reading 5 pages of Jupp complaining, and Spidye seems to not like him either.

My bad.

Tecl0n

Because it would be too embarrassing for Ancelotti to admit that they don't need Casillas anymore. Diego Lopez should be playing every game.

Exactly, if your team is underperfoming you don't take away what has been until now your best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom