• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Man city losing will make life tough for us on saturday. They would want to prove the doubters after two back to back defeat.

Byr bye unbeaten record :(

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
No matter who the manager, no matter who the keeper, City are and always will be a bunch of choking dogs when it comes to Champions League football.

Benficunts

irWO83gTcecXU.gif

Suen

Haha at your avatar.

How did Parma look against the Viola??? I forgot to wake up for the match and havent found a download version.
We played amazing in the first half. Very fluid play, pushed really hard. There was a huge difference up front when we used someone else than Amauri, more movement and more pressure. I wish we'd keep it that way but Donadoni won't let that happen. We had several opportunities to score in the first half (aside from the goal we got) but very stupid out-of-sync mistakes between the players made us waste those chances. Fiorentina were sleeping in the first half but pushed very hard right from the start in the second half....basically we played against the real Fiorentina in the second half and yeah...not only did we get dominated then but we, for whatever strange reason, started playing like shit. Donadoni put Okaka in during injury time and thanks to him having a strong presence and just running around disturbing the Fiore defence we got a goal in the last seconds of the game, 2-2. One point but a point I'm very satisfied getting when meeting against Fiorentina.

I really do think we should get a decent striker because lots of the times we do get decent crosses into the box but no one is there to receive them (and Amauri isn't good at it). Another thing; we are horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE at defending against set pieces. That is another part we need to improve greatly on.

More about the game: our first goal was lucky. Gargano scored it but it was deflected from a Fiore player. Guess who scored the second goal? Gobbi :lol. I bet Fiorentina didn't like that.

We played amazing in the first half. Very fluid play, pushed really hard. There was a huge difference up front when we used someone else than Amauri, more movement and more pressure. I wish we'd keep it that way but Donadoni won't let that happen. We had several opportunities to score in the first half (aside from the goal we got) but very stupid out-of-sync mistakes between the players made us waste those chances. Fiorentina were sleeping in the first half but pushed very hard right from the start in the second half....basically we played against the real Fiorentina in the second half and yeah...not only did we get dominated then but we, for whatever strange reason, started playing like shit. Donadoni put Okaka in during injury time and thanks to him having a strong presence and just running around disturbing the Fiore defence we got a goal in the last seconds of the game, 2-2. One point but a point I'm very satisfied getting when meeting against Fiorentina.

I really do think we should get a decent striker because lots of the times we do get decent crosses into the box but no one is there to receive them (and Amauri isn't good at it). Another thing; we are horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE at defending against set pieces. That is another part we need to improve greatly on.

More about the game: our first goal was lucky. Gargano scored it but it was deflected from a Fiore player. Guess who scored the second goal? Gobbi :lol. I bet Fiorentina didn't like that.

Thanks for that. yeah, I would have taken a point before the game started so I am satisfied with that.

What do you think of Gilardino for Parma??? He is one of the few decent strikers I can think of that could come on the parma budget.

And fuck Juve, what are those clowns doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom