• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pantimillon isn't a top keeper obv but the point of dropping Hart would be to give him a kick up the bum.

Greeny is trying to protect him, I assume, but tbh Hart has been making mistakes for over a year now and has been supported throughout all of it but everyone and he still isn't improving. Much have been worth taking a different approach here.

When we live in a world when Casillas can be dropped for Lopez then Jo hart can and should easily be dropped. To me it seems only the English media have the idea that he is world class. He would not even make the Italian and Spanish squads. I would not even put him in the top 3 in the PL and even top 5 is not a guarantee.

A drop should make him work harder and also ensure that Panty man will work his socks off to keep that shirt.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
THE PRIORITY for Juve next summer will to be to find a true 10 who can add creative magic/Pirlo replacement not named Alonso.

tumblr_msvdxnApOo1rjev45o1_500.jpg

I've been saying for a year now that Asamoah could be converted into a pretty awesome terzino. He's a master defender, has pace and stamina. He's not a great crosser, granted, but who in our squad is? Couldn't be possibly worse than De Ceglie.

Hey this could work too! I mean, we're already wasting his talent up there so we might as well use him at the back too.
KuGsj.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Kol Khara lol

Wait

Is Khal Drogo an Arabic word? WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Surely 'hipster'?

Manager

I think Pellegrini is hoping Hart can go on international break and comes back stronger.

If he doesn't and he does continue messing up - a seat on the bench will not hurt him.

Yeah I absolutely think Pellegrini will let Costel play more after the break.

Completely inexperienced? I dunno about that. He isn't a youngster.

If he isn't ready to step in even now then City might need to think about having a back up keeper who is.

Seems like they've tried, Platt said they looked at other keepers last year (though settled with Hart) and Malaga goalkeeper said Pellegrini wanted him this summer.

Pantilimon has never played a PL match and has in three years played 7 cup games. It's fine for a 3rd keeper, which he isn't, but City has relied on Hart a ton, maybe too much.

pappe

Fantasy football changes.

RVP out Suarez in. This means Suarez will not score and RVP will score a hattrick when he comes on.

Lukaku in Lambert out. This means Lukaku is not gonna get a single shot on target.

I've been saying for a year now that Asamoah could be converted into a pretty awesome terzino. He's a master defender, has pace and stamina. He's not a great crosser, granted, but who in our squad is? Couldn't be possibly worse than De Ceglie.

That is something that they would have to work on during a whole preseason. it would be a huge gamble to make that switch in a season. Positioning and reading the game is so much more important and what makes great fullbacks.

it is the great worry of Italian football this last generation that we are just converting are young wingers into fullbacks and you can see the lack of truly great Italian defensive fullbacks in the game today, excluding De Sciglio

Manager

When we live in a world when Casillas can be dropped for Lopez then Jo hart can and should easily be dropped. To me it seems only the English media have the idea that he is world class. He would not even make the Italian and Spanish squads. I would not even put him in the top 3 in the PL and even top 5 is not a guarantee.

A drop should make him work harder and also ensure that Panty man will work his socks off to keep that shirt.

TBF, Lopez played 171 league matches for Villareal between 2007-2012, completely different class than Pantilimon.

Manager

A guy who left because he was not good enough to replace Cas at the time. Panty man deserves his shot

I know so little about goalkeepers, but it feels like they rely a lot about playing matches. Training their nerves, their concentration, shot-stopping against players you've never played against, something that is very hard in just training without playing a match for a couple of years. Lopez was more or less the main keeper for Villareal for 5 years and barely missed a single match, I bet that evolved him so much.

Obviously it's a difficult situation, trying to sign someone who is class but also ready to sit on the bench 90% of the matches. Or trying to get Hart to accept a bench position.

Fantasy football changes.

RVP out Suarez in. This means Suarez will not score and RVP will score a hattrick when he comes on.

Lukaku in Lambert out. This means Lukaku is not gonna get a single shot on target.

I've got Suarez, Sturridge and RVP, Ramsey, Sigurdsson, Barkley, Zabeleta, Agger, Ivanovic, Fonte, Cech.

Hoping for a better week than last week. (Didn't have Suarez in the team at the time)

Manager

Brad Guzan sat on the bench for years and look how he has turned out for Villa.

It's true, but then you got to have trust. The pressure is really high at City compared to Villa, would City fans/coaches tolerate a "learning period" as Villa probably would or were forced to?

But yeah, Pantilimon should get his chance after the break, I just don't think it would be right to throw him in against Everton, an unbeaten side in a very difficult moment for the club (after the losses).

pappe

I've got Suarez, Sturridge and RVP, Ramsey, Sigurdsson, Barkley, Zabeleta, Agger, Ivanovic, Fonte, Cech.

Hoping for a better week than last week. (Didn't have Suarez in the team at the time)
Dont think RVP is starting. Thats a great front 3 tho.

My front 3 are Suarez, Giroud and Lukaku. Barkley Eriksen Ozil and Nolan as mids and Zab, Gibbs and Coleman as defenders.

I know so little about goalkeepers, but it feels like they rely a lot about playing matches. Training their nerves, their concentration, shot-stopping against players you've never played against, something that is very hard in just training without playing a match for a couple of years. Lopez was more or less the main keeper for Villareal for 5 years and barely missed a single match, I bet that evolved him so much.

Obviously it's a difficult situation, trying to sign someone who is class but also ready to sit on the bench 90% of the matches. Or trying to get Hart to accept a bench position.

True, but from what I saw in the FA cup last year he is a decent backup. I have always thought that at any given moment a manager should be willing to drop a player if his form is not up to snuff. It is why you should always have decent backups. If Pantillimon can not get his chance know then it surely must signal to him that he will never get a chance unless Hart is injured. No matter how hard he works in training and how well he plays in the cup games, he will always end up as just a backup with no real chances.

Drop Hart and show that he has to up his game and his place is under threat. Play Pantillimon and you will have a motivated player to show what he can do and knows if he works hard in training he can get his chance.

It's true, but then you got to have trust. The pressure is really high at City compared to Villa, would City fans/coaches tolerate a "learning period" as Villa probably would or were forced to?

But yeah, Pantilimon should get his chance after the break, I just don't think it would be right to throw him in against Everton, an unbeaten side in a very difficult moment for the club (after the losses).

Another important thing is if the defenders in front of him can trust him.

Watching BT sport is so painful having to listen to Michael Owen. One of the most overrated players of the last 20 years and a guy who has so little clue what is going on in a game.

At least it is in HD and I do not have to worry about messing around with streams.

edit: also he sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooo boring.

Her cubicle was filled with Juve stuff so I had to ask!

And everyone around me is into football, thank god, so it came up eventually.

Barca cunt "Who do you support?"

Me "Juve"

Barca cunt "Oh..*giggle*...why?"

b0p2FLt.gif
b0p2FLt.gif
b0p2FLt.gif

LOOOOOOOOL yeah I'm aware of "khara"

That's how every conversation goes with my brother.

"Liverpool, why?"

Wait

Is Khal Drogo an Arabic word? WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Surely 'hipster'?

Khal means uncle in Egyptian

So uncle Drogo

Walshy

Lukaku is a great player. Worried about him in the derby this year.

He will outscore everyone of Chelsea's strikers too, could see him getting 20+ goals this season.

What a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom