• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

tumblr_mroomtdjgf1qg93xbo2_r1_500.gif

Must be tough trying to teach knowing that with every 'erm' there's a lady in front of you dribbling from the minge.

Sorry, whilst Wilbury's on annual leave I have to maintain a level of smut.

Got some left over Chinese in the fridge and I'm wondering when it's socially acceptable to scoff it. Considering I'll most likely make Tortellini for Liverpool I reckon sooner rather than later.

From what I hear if you're concerned about the hours and the pay then go client side. Agency side is, generally, underpaid and understaffed. It can be rewarding, like, and I enjoy being able to shift around from client to client.

Personally looking at making the jump into a more advertising orientated agency, though. Prefer to let my creative juices spill out onto a witty poster or a universe-altering television spot than 'THE WORLD'S BIGGEST BUNGIE JUMP' or some other poop.
Thanks for the tip. Will have a look around at some jobs later. Just reading about and they say its fairly easy to move from agency to client side.

Salazar

I predict two of Young, Valencia, or Welbeck will start.

Aye.

Clev wasn't that horrible against Shakhtar. Not nearly as eye-wateringly fucking dire as Fellaini.

So UnitedGAF, how's Fellaini so far?

Lacking confidence. Lacking a precise idea of his role. Lacking wide support from wingers who want to get forward. Lacking pace. Passing wonky as fuck. He's not quick enough on the ball to link with the strikers with any consistency or penetration.

He'll come good.

Arnie

Wikipedia gem

Oh, man.

I remember when Chelsea were interested in him it blew my mind. If they were looking for competition for Obi Mikel, then fair enough. He's perhaps the only footballer in the world who could match JOM for fucking stupidity and carelessness.

GorillaJu

Pulis might be gone, but Stoke are still a horrible, horrible football side and look like remaining that way.

My teacher evaluations are really odd. "I LIKE UR AWKWARDNESS".

Uhhhhhh

I like your awkwardness, lol...

I got my teacher evaluation yesterday. Not going to brag about individual marks but it made my fucking week.

Teaching is something I could do - too bad it just pays so shitty here in Japan.

pappe

Its that time again...

-------------------De God------------

Jones------Evans--------Rio-----------Evra

Valencia----Carrick----Cleverly----Januzaj

---------------Wellbeck-----------

---------------Chicharito--------

We will lose 2-1

Arnie

Crystal Palace have only collected three points so far this term.

I'm sure you all very well know what that means.
From now on, whenever I'm struck by football related pessimism I watch this gif.

iW0jzGLCXt86Y.gif

Thanks for the tip. Will have a look around at some jobs later. Just reading about and they say its fairly easy to move from agency to client side.

I've been at this agency for three months and in that time two people have moved across. It's definitely something that can happen, and with relative ease.

subtles

From now on, whenever I'm struck by football related pessimism I watch this gif.

iW0jzGLCXt86Y.gif

I've been at this agency for three months and in that time two people have moved across. It's definitely something that can happen, and with relative ease.

"Crazy Kolo Chanting"

lool

GorillaJu

Rodgers experimented with several different formations during September, but the boss stressed that one thing will never change: the style of football he demands from the players.

"I've always said that the system is irrelevant," he continued.

"What's more important for me is the style of football, how we play - the style to dominate the ball, to control the game, control and dictate the tempo of the game, be aggressive in your defending when you haven't got the ball, press high up the field to get it back.

"That style doesn't change; it just goes into a system that fits your players. At the minute, that's the system that allows the best out of the players we have available.

"If that changes, we may play a different system. But the style will always remain intact - it's to control and dominate the ball."

I wouldn't have thought for a second that Rodgers is still going with this style, because we've got a dismal record of possession in the league and couldn't dictate One Fish, Two Fish if you put a gun to our head, never mind dictate a football match.

I'm thrilled that we've won a few games but let's not be unrealistic about our style of play - it's been shit, we've just been really good in both ends of the pitch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I write the most horrible shit possible in my teacher evaluation.
KuGsj.gif

But mostly because they deserve it.

Lol, a few months ago my manager was telling me to "socialize more with your co-workers"

With....sign language? I don't speak Arabic you bellend. Kos-omak, yo!

Lacking confidence. Lacking a precise idea of his role. Lacking wide support from wingers who want to get forward. Lacking pace. Passing wonky as fuck. He's not quick enough on the ball to link with the strikers with any consistency or penetration.

He'll come good.

This is bad news for the wig industry.

GorillaJu

KuGsj.gif

Lol, a few months ago my manager was telling me to "socialize more with your co-workers"

With....sign language? I don't speak Arabic you bellend.

What are your teachers teaching? English or Italian?

Manager

Hopefully Everton are utter shit today, City really need a win. I really hope the Bayern game learned City a lesson. You had Richards saying sort of "we're used to dominating everyone but now we got a taste of our own medicine", as if they haven't got only 3 wins in 6 matches this season. Richards has a habbit of saying weird things though, so I hope his mind set doesn't represent the rest of the team. They clearly think too highly of themselves if so, almost naive.

KuGsj.gif

With....sign language? I don't speak Arabic you bellend. Kos-omak, yo!

So how many more Arabic swears do you know? Kos omak is high up there for me. Whenever I read it on the internet I remember Natalie Portman saying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCTcJB5mg_E

subtles

I wouldn't have thought for a second that Rodgers is still going with this style, because we've got a dismal record of possession in the league and couldn't dictate One Fish, Two Fish if you put a gun to our head, never mind dictate a football match.

I'm thrilled that we've won a few games but let's not be unrealistic about our style of play - it's been shit, we've just been really good in both ends of the pitch.

I wonder if managers say these things to save face (be it their own/for the players) or if they genuinely believe it.

We haven't pressed high up the pitch to the standard required, let alone dominate any particular game. Our possession and passing have left a lot to be desired, particularly in the second half. We retreat into a shell even when taking the game by the scruff of the neck is the only option (we are tied/behind).

I'll stop here at the risk of sounding like a broken record but I genuinely believed Rodgers was being more pragmatic this term, and in my defense that approach is very much apparent on the pitch.

I must say however I am delighted with the points we've collected so far.

Arnie

I just think we're in a run of bad form, rather than there being an inherent problem with the squad. We played with brilliant panache from January onwards, and have struggled to revive that this season. What we have continued, though, is to pick up points consistently, and that pleases me more than an Enrique-led triangle.

I honestly believe our 'style' will return and we'll keep collecting results. And I think that'll coincide with Coutinho getting fit again.

If we get three points today I'll be made up. Got no idea who Rodgers will pick in the defence now Agger's fit, and who he'll choose to replace Lucas. Henderson, I'd imagine.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juventus probable vs Milan: Buffon; Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini; Padoin Vidal Pirlo Marchisio Asamoah; Tevez Quagliarella

Padoin LOL! Fucking Isla, you know you're shit when you get Padoin'd.

Tevez-Quagliarella = zero chemistry. Possibly the worst partnership in our team. And Llorente is perfect against Milan, I don't get it.
So how many more Arabic swears do you know? Kos omak is high up there for me. Whenever I read it on the internet I remember Natalie Portman saying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCTcJB5mg_E

Zip. Q(k?)ah-beh. Tease. etc

A Lebanese Juventina is teaching me well.
3AQmK.gif

I'll ask Fady for more later.

GorillaJu

I wonder if managers say these things to save face (be it their own/for the players) or if they genuinely believe it.

We haven't pressed high up the pitch to the standard required, let alone dominate any particular game. Our possession and passing have left a lot to be desired, particularly in the second half. We retreat into a shell even when taking the game by the scruff of the neck is the only option (we are tied/behind).

I'll stop here at the risk of sounding like a broken record but I genuinely believed Rodgers was being more pragmatic this term, and in my defense that approach is very much apparent on the pitch.

I must say however I am delighted with the points we've collected so far.

Yes, I think you're correct, but I guess Rodgers still probably wants to continue with this idea of his style. Looking at our midfield, really only Henderson is an aggressive presser. Lucas is great at what he does, but he and Gerrard are both more reactive than proactive and not really dynamic at their jobs. Look at Aaron Ramsey's or Paulinho's performances this year and you'd get a good idea of the kind of player we're lacking at the moment. I think Luis Alberto kind of fits into that style, but yeah, he's 20 and we want to win games, not just develop players.

Arnie

No return to the thunderdome for Gaz.

That would've been a melting pot of mixed emotions, wouldn't it. Barry assisting City suicide. Not been like that since the Mancini era.

tumblr_mu52tmldTZ1r30r4xo1_500.png

He's THE BEST man marker in football

haha, i think that was after the celtic game when all the British press were calling Juve and Giorgio disgraceful and using ancient methods. All the Celtic players were up in arms and then the Napoli game happened and two quality players just shook hands knowing both were trying to do their job.

-

tumblr_mu5cjnizBY1qa33wlo1_500.jpg

They all look fucking good to me. Mix it up Conte, come on baby.

I would like the first one. I think it would allow Vidal to get into the box more than he has so far this season(the main reason why I think Juve are struggling is that he is rarely running into the box compared to last season from what I have seen)

I dont like this second formation, because it would have Vidal playing as a number 10 like Boateng and he is just not creative enough. I do not like the idea of this power number 10.

The third one is good, but get Pepe out and put Tevez in there. Play like Pep's first year at barca with three quality forwards, Henry, Etoo, and Messi.

The big problem with any back 4 is the LB position. I would much rather have Giorgio at CB for the obvious man marking reason and it is his best position. However, the lack of options there will force him to play LB. Asamoah? No. Ogbonna? I have not watched enough of him at torino to know if he can play there. De Ceglie? hahaha.

he should go with my 3-2-2-3

-----Barz----Bon----Giorgio
Lich------------------------Asamoah
-------Vidal-------Pogba-------------
--------------Pirlo--------------------
Tevez------- --Llor----------Vucinic

Lich and Asamoah can play a bit more defensively, in that they work exclusively in the bottom to thirds, unless one sits back while the other attacks. Pogba and Vidal can win the ball and keep possession in midfield. Pirlo can play more advanced and use his creativity to play through balls to the forwards and dictate the tempo in the final third. tevez and vucinic have tons of creativity to come in off the sides.

I have no idea what I am talking about ;p

He's THE BEST man marker in football.

-

haha, i think that was after the celtic game when all the British press were calling Juve and Giorgio disgraceful and using ancient methods. All the Celtic players were up in arms and then the Napoli game happened and two quality players just shook hands knowing both were trying to do their job

I would like the first one. I think it would allow Vidal to get into the box more than he has so far this season(the main reason why I think Juve are struggling is that he is rarely running into the box compared to last season from what I have seen)

I dont like this second formation, because it would have Vidal playing as a number 10 like Boateng and he is just not creative enough. I do not like the idea of this power number 10.

The third one is good, but get Pepe out and put Tevez in there. Play like Pep's first year at barca with three quality forwards, Henry, Etoo, and Messi.

The big problem with any back 4 is the LB position. I would much rather have Giorgio at CB for the obvious man marking reason and it is his best position. However, the lack of options there will force him to play LB. Asamoah? No. Ogbonna? I have not watched enough of him at torino to know if he can play there. De Ceglie? hahaha.

he should go with my 3-2-2-1-3

-----Barz----Bon----Giorgio
Lich------------------------Asamoah
-------Vidal-------Pogba-------------
--------------Pirlo--------------------
Tevez------- --Llor----------Vucinic

Lich and Asamoah can play a bit more defensively, in that they work exclusively in the bottom to thirds, unless one sits back while the other attacks. Pogba and Vidal can win the ball and keep possession in midfield. Pirlo can play more advanced and use his creativity to play through balls to the forwards and dictate the tempo in the final third. tevez and vucinic have tons of creativity to come in off the sides.

I have no idea what I am talking about ;p

He's THE BEST man marker in football.

-

haha, i think that was after the celtic game when all the British press were calling Juve and Giorgio disgraceful and using ancient methods. All the Celtic players were up in arms and then the Napoli game happened and two quality players just shook hands knowing both were trying to do their job

edit: oops came up with a formation that had no keeper hahaha

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
New 3 year contract for Michael Dawson. Well deserved, he has improved on a lot of his flaws and while he's still not perfect he's been a fine player under AVB.

subtles

iTzcCCGXwhC9I.gif

So good.

Yes, I think you're correct, but I guess Rodgers still probably wants to continue with this idea of his style. Looking at our midfield, really only Henderson is an aggressive presser. Lucas is great at what he does, but he and Gerrard are both more reactive than proactive and not really dynamic at their jobs. Look at Aaron Ramsey's or Paulinho's performances this year and you'd get a good idea of the kind of player we're lacking at the moment. I think Luis Alberto kind of fits into that style, but yeah, he's 20 and we want to win games, not just develop players.

I see where you're coming from but the number one issue for me is we've done it before. We've pressed other teams so well with these exact same players certain teams couldn't move the ball past the half way point at certain points in the game. It was exhilarating. We did concede soft goals as a result but that was mainly due to laziness on the part of the players, usually Gerrard. Even in the Swansea game he was at fault for not properly tracking Shelvey.

The player I'd like to see return the most is Joe Allen. I honestly have high hopes for him and don't want to see him written off the way Henderson was.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Shanks D Zoro

Ogbonna CAN play there!
3AQmK.gif
And on the contrary, I think Vidal can pull off the #10 role quite easily. But I don't know, it seems like a waste.

Tevez on the right could work! But yeah, only if it's a United08/Barca 4-3-3.

Manager

Surprised Pellegrini didn't drop Hart

Pellegrini keeps talking about trust, how it's important to communicate with the players etc, all the time. The opposite of Mancini, who I have no doubt would've dropped Hart. Hart would have a shit time with the national team if he was dropped, journalists would end him.

Obviously you can't be afraid to harm the player's feelings too much, but this time it would be extra harmful with international break.

Manager

Hart is shit.

Yes, but how good is Pokémon Pantelimon? No one knows since he has never really been tested in a serious match.

He's tall as fuck, and I always think that harms agility when I see him, which would be easy for the opposition to take advantage of. Has there ever been a world class keeper as tall as him?

edit
Cech is 8cm shorter than him.

Yes, but how good is Pokémon Pantelimon? No one knows since he has never really been tested in a serious match.

He's tall as fuck, and I always think that harms agility when I see him, which would be easy for the opposition to take advantage of. Has there ever been a world class keeper as tall as him?

edit
Cech is 8cm shorter than him.
Pantimillon isn't a top keeper obv but the point of dropping Hart would be to give him a kick up the bum.

Greeny is trying to protect him, I assume, but tbh Hart has been making mistakes for over a year now and has been supported throughout all of it but everyone and he still isn't improving. Much have been worth taking a different approach here.

@Shanks D Zoro

Ogbonna CAN play there!
3AQmK.gif
And on the contrary, I think Vidal can pull off the #10 role quite easily. But I don't know, it seems like a waste.

Good to know he can play there, like i said I never watched enough Torinio games when they were in B or last year to know just how good he is.

I just feel Vidal is a great box to box man. I know he can find a through ball, but I just think he lacks the creative imagination to play there. THE PRIORITY for Juve next summer will to be to find a true 10 who can add creative magic/Pirlo replacement not named Alonso.

I love having Ozil at Arsenal, but Ozil at Juve would have made them Champions League favourites and the best team in the world IMO.

Zabojnik

@Shanks D Zoro

Ogbonna CAN play there!
3AQmK.gif

I've been saying for a year now that Asamoah could be converted into a pretty awesome terzino. He's a master defender, has pace and stamina. He's not a great crosser, granted, but who in our squad is? Couldn't be possibly worse than De Ceglie.

Manager

Pantimillon isn't a top keeper obv but the point of dropping Hart would be to give him a kick up the bum.

Greeny is trying to protect him, I assume, but tbh Hart has been making mistakes for over a year now and has been supported throughout all of it but everyone and he still isn't improving. Much have been worth taking a different approach here.

Would it be worth risking it, putting a completely inexperienced keeper in the goal in the final game before international break, against a top-6 team?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Do you got to work with Juve keychain or stay all day on Juve's website? How did they know you like Juve?

kol khara, means eat shit

Her cubicle was filled with Juve stuff so I had to ask!

And everyone around me is into football, thank god, so it came up eventually.

Barca cunt "Who do you support?"

Me "Juve"

Barca cunt "Oh..*giggle*...why?"

b0p2FLt.gif
b0p2FLt.gif
b0p2FLt.gif

LOOOOOOOOL yeah I'm aware of "khara"

dc89

Would it be worth risking it, putting a completely inexperienced keeper in the goal in the final game before international break, against a top-6 team?

I think Pellegrini is hoping Hart can go on international break and comes back stronger.

If he doesn't and he does continue messing up - a seat on the bench will not hurt him.

Completely inexperienced? I dunno about that. He isn't a youngster.

If he isn't ready to step in even now then City might need to think about having a back up keeper who is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom