• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well today we have learned that United are still better than Sunderland. Just.

Leverkusen is a fucking disgrace, worst top team ever. They should be ashamed to present themselves like this. They were worse than Chelsea, guess whatever it takes and the results is everything that matters, right?

Yep, no point playing football and getting battered 5-0

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We have learned that Davey Moyes had to be bailed out by an 18 year old kid against the bottom side in the league.

Moyes showed balls selecting him in the first place. Would anybody have been surprised if Giggs/Welbeck had started?

Tc91

Are the Utd fans not begging Moyes to start Nani?

To be fair to Nani I prefer him to Young and Valencia just for the fact he takes his man on, he's unpredictable, yeah most of his shots are shit but at least he does something.

That left wing is Adnan's place to lose now for the next few months.

Blablurn

They didnt even defend well, it was one of the weirdest football games ever. Leverkusen was basically standing around wasting time.

Happens. But i'm proud of the team. Great performance after such a great domination in Manchester. We were unlucky today. We'll be lucky in the future.

Blablurn

George D. Metellus ‏@GDMetellus8 2m

Pep Guardiola still on the bench by himself after the final whistle in BayArena. Deep in Thought, #GreatImage

fuenf

Happens. But i'm proud of the team. Great performance after such a great domination in Manchester. We were unlucky today. We'll be lucky in the future.

I dont have any problem with Bayern or the result. I'm actually proud of Bayern, I'm just shocked that Leverkusen is supposed to be the third best team in Germany.

Blablurn

I dont have any problem with Bayern or the result. I'm actually proud of Bayern, I'm just shocked that Leverkusen is supposed to be the third best team in Germany.

"Bundeslolga"

But seriously. It's all good. We are #1. Something Manchester or Real fans won't experience this year :)

i926VEvDBQBug.gif

Adnan and De God <3

The performance wasn't anywhere near convincing though; perhaps the clank set-up isn't immeasurably different, but I feel like its effectiveness has waned: 1. Our defensive line is way too deep. 2. We don't press the opposition enough, which is significant because we don't keep the ball under pressure well either. (A midfielder better than Fellaini might have helped here.) 3. Our aggression, especially when trailing, especially especial in second halves, has gone to shit. 4. I often see Moyes urging his wide players to hug the line and, coupled with passing even more conservative than usual, we're super-reliable on crosses that simply aren't connecting for creativity. 5. The rotation is questionable: All the talk is about Kagawa but Evans was the real person hard done by today, since his passing out of defence is always underrated. Chicharito could have added some movement up forward too; Moyes shouldn't be afraid to substitute big players when they're having a bad day.

Hopefully the win sets United on the path for a good run, but you have to wonder, is there too much rigidity in the training (which Fellaini describes as more energy-intense than Everton)? Is it the less experienced backroom staff? I don't know, but I hope today pushes Moyes to trust more technical players, even though the substitutes speak to a thoroughly negative mentality.

Suen

Madrid-GAF, wtf is wrong with Ancelotti?

Out with Arbeloa, in with Carvajal.
Out with Coentroa, in with Marcelo

Why Khedira and not Illaramendi? Why is Benz still starting despite being shit. We have two players who could do much better. Jese and Morata are right there, full of promising talent. Fucking use them, using Benz is playing with 10 men. Fuck you Ancelotti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom