• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersmad92

Neo Member
To be fair to Nani I prefer him to Young and Valencia just for the fact he takes his man on, he's unpredictable, yeah most of his shots are shit but at least he does something.

That left wing is Adnan's place to lose now for the next few months.

I always want Nani to start. He's a much better winger than Young and Valencia. Never mind his mind-boggling decisions. Just lacking confidence.

I can see why you want Nani to start to be fair, but would you not rather try Kagawa in the hole and maybe Rooney out wide? He was awful today, and Shinji deserves a shot in his favourite postion.

Sporting starting 11 against Setubal :
Rui Patrício; Cedric, Maurício, Rojo, Piris; William Carvalho, Adrien Silva, Andre Martins; Carrillo, Wilson Eduardo and Montero.

It's Piris debut, let's see if he is any good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I wonder if Moyes will stay the course with Januzaj on the left wing. He was superb today but could he handle the defensive work against a right side that wasn't shit? Townsend/Walker, Walcott/Sagna, etc?

Suen

Seriously on that replay it should have been a pen. Yes he was too close to Ronaldo to do anything about it but he shouldn't have jumped with his arm up to begin with.

spidye

He should have played Mandzukic from the start, and he knows it. Thomas always wastes chances like crazy when playing as striker.

Thomas wasn't much at fault today. shaqiri missed, schweini missed, shaq missed , ribery missed a lot of chances.

this game was just strange

edit: I really listened to linkin park and it's probably just my mood but castle of glass sounds good

Gambit

He should have played Mandzukic from the start, and he knows it. Thomas always wastes chances like crazy when playing as striker.

At least he should have done the substitutions earlier. The rest of the team was too tired by the time the fresh ones came in.

Anyway, I am pleased Bayern played so well and that we're at the top.

I wonder if Moyes will stay the course with Januzaj on the left wing. He was superb today but could he handle the defensive work against a right side that wasn't shit? Townsend/Walker, Walcott/Sagna, etc?

Defensively he needs to do alot more, just isn't switched on.

IMO he is alot better on the right wing, always felt LM is his weakest position from what we've seen so far but he did very well today so maybe not.

Tc91

I can see why you want Nani to start to be fair, but would you not rather try Kagawa in the hole and maybe Rooney out wide? He was awful today, and Shinji deserves a shot in his favourite postion.

After Januzaj went off and we shut up shop Rooney did so much work for the team, I don't think Kagawa would offer that in the middle.

We are in a bit of a dodgy situation with Kagawa cause he's the player we've wanted at United (the Silva/Oscar type) but Rooney plays there and you know what he gets like when he's dropped etc.

He wont start vs Arsenal or You. Back to Ashley Young in them games :(

Just lucky our next 3 games are at home now. Should be starting each of them.

Suen

Dat Levante defense, they are not letting go of it. They are playing rather decent, or we're playing shit. Or both.

edit: WTF AT THAT STRIKE, BASED LOPEZ!!

Manager

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen
Just ran over a rabbit. Devastated.

He's an actual person of

Boring James Milner ‏@BoringMilner 4 Oct
I didn't know I still had Harry Kewell's mobile number in my phone. I'll imagine he will have changed it now.

Manager

BV1Twv9CIAAaUgB.jpg:large

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 1h
Beginner luck!

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 59m
Beginner luck also!

Suen

Very entertaining first half. Levante is playing good and making some dangerous counters. We could easily be on the losing end in this game, hope we can pull it through. Btw Madrid-GAF, Lopez has been like our best player in all league game this season :lol

Varene, dimaria and Lopez. Those were our best players this half.
Di Maria has been amazing this season. He's also showing so much more confidence, not only that but he's attempting to score goals much more now compared to last season and prior seasons when he's pass Ronaldo the ball much more. It's only made us stronger and more dangerous in that position. That Bale purchase has really improved him. Very good to have Varane back.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The international break comes at a great time for United, for two weeks they will only be talking about a comeback win and a young star being born. They still have massive problems but they won't look so nervous now.

Inter - Roma starting. I wouldn't be opposed to a spectacular draw. Sorry, Shanks.

A draw would be better for Juve, by my love for Totti makes me hope they do well this year and If Juve fuck up the title, then Totti should lift it up.

fuck I wish Totti had played for Juve instead of those scrubs Zidane and Del piero, especially Del Boy.

That would be certainly be preferable to Napoli winning it ...

... get out.

I still hold Del Piero responsible for Italy's defeat at euro 2000. totti set him up with a peach ball and Del piero could not score.

Italy should have won 2-0 and Totti would have won the ball d'or.

Ever since then Del Piero has been dead to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom