• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never forget the support from Yurt and FF in the summer.

YNWA

iW0jzGLCXt86Y.gif

Fuck Yurt

YNWA FF. Keep on annoying the Madrid fans until the end of days pls.

subtles

Amazing start to the season for Soton. Can't see West Brom holding on to win this one but I'd be thrilled if they could at least manage a draw. Ideally Ozil will assist Ramsey or Giroud for a goal or two and then West Brom will get the winner in stoppage.
That Fantasy Football lol.

justjohn

At least Walcott isnt playing today for the fans to blame him. They seem to blame him for everything wrong at arsenal whilst their messiah wilshere who has actually been poorer than walcott in the last few years seems untouchable when it comes to criticism.

velociraptor

Think I'd rather see Gnabry on, Jenkinson has gotten down the right side a couple of times pretty easily, we should stick on a winger who could actually exploit that.
We're just too slow. We are playing with zero tempo. It takes us an eternity to move the ball from one end of the pitch to another. Dire performance.

Yes, Gnabry needs to come on. I just can't see Wilshire getting subbed though. Even Rosicky would be a massive improvment - he's a very direct player. Giroud is showing to me why we need a world-class striker like Suarez.

I can't believe we don't have any wingers in our team. It seems Ox and Theo won't return until 2014.

Also, where the fuck is Cazorla at?

Showaddy

Not sure why Spurs start Defoe then spend the game firing crosses into the box.

Also I still maintain Paulinho & Dembele don't work well together despite being good players individually, get Sandro on for one of them.

This is the exact same team we played v Napoli except with Sagna out and Jack in place of Rosicky.

Wilshere's best game this season was on the left v Sunderland, and Ramsey did just fine with a free-role on the right a few days ago. The issue is a complete lack of energy, some sloppy passing and Jack running into dead ends.

Napoli and WBA are two different teams, Napoli are much more attacking team, although this is an attacking WBA lineup.

I have no clue what Giroud is doing, he is moving all over the pitch.

Empty

the palace fan doing the v sign is absolutely amazing. the little shake of his head, the hands coming to the face then the way he chucks it out there suddenly.

velociraptor

At least Walcott isnt playing today for the fans to blame him. They seem to blame him for everything wrong at arsenal whilst their messiah wilshere who has actually been poorer than walcott in the last few years seems untouchable when it comes to criticism.
Wilshire is vastly overrated. He was good 2 years ago, but he's been nothing but terrible in 2013. I don't see why Wenger puts him on. For some bizarre reason he is considered to be a core part of the starting line-up.

Fergie

Banned
It's like they can't see through the mist.

We're just too slow. We are playing with zero tempo. It takes us an eternity to move the ball from one end of the pitch to another. Dire performance.

Yes, Gnabry needs to come on. I just can't see Wilshire getting subbed though. Even Rosicky would be a massive improvment - he's a very direct player. Giroud is showing to me why we need a world-class striker like Suarez.

I can't believe we don't have any wingers in our team. It seems Ox and Theo won't return until 2014.

yeah this team looks so slow. The wing situation is horrendous. We have only two dedicated wingers in are whole team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theo and Gnabry

Edit: also Wilshere is not overrated, he is just having a slow start to the season. His fitness does not look all that impressive and has played a lot of football since his long lay off. Oh and cazorla should be back after the break

Salvadora

No offence justjohn, but you don't have half chat some shit.

Wilshere has been criticised for a long time now. Walcott as a scapegoat did make me laugh though.

Plasma

Banned

Should be back after the international break thank god.

Most people get annoyed at Walcott because we know he can do better, ever since he signed his contract he hasn't been playing his best. That game against Sunderland stood out, I think he had four attempts on goal and hit it at the keeper every single time, it can just be frustrating to watch.

Wilshere hasn't gotten back to how good he was before his injury I think it might take him another season like Ramsey. Also his taken plenty of criticism I think if you asked any Arsenal fan right now they'd want to bring him off after his poor first half.

I might get some shit for this but—why the hell did we sell Gervinho if we didn't plan on replacing him?

Yep, two dedicated wingers is a ludicrous situation to be in. Wenger must have just been impressed enough with Gnabry to sell Gervinho without a replacement.

real reason Wenger had a terrible transfer window failing to address the lack of depth and masking over it with Ozil. Sure is nice to have Ozil:D

I might get some shit for this but—why the hell did we sell Gervinho if we didn't plan on replacing him?

The options for the attacking-midfield trio are Cazorla, Podolski, Ozil, Rosicky, Theo and Ox. There's no room for him anyway.

All 4 of our senior "wingers" are injured though.

Lightning

Banned
Because he wasn't in Wenger's plans.

This wing situation is deliberate from Wenger. Wenger explained what he is trying to do with Wilshere on the wing but clearly at the expense of the team. That's Wenger though, he will put players development before the winning of the team. He's always done that. When it works he's a genius, when it doesn't he's an asshole.

L1NETT

Watching Walcott for england is frustrating enough with his league two esque dribbling and close control.

Can't imagine watching him week in week out. Wouldn't have any hair left to tear out.

bud

fffuuuuu

Wilshire is vastly overrated. He was good 2 years ago, but he's been nothing but terrible in 2013. I don't see why Wenger puts him on. For some bizarre reason he is considered to be a core part of the starting line-up.

i disagree. wilshere's one of the most talented players in the squad. i find him to be technically better than ramsey.

he's only 21, though. give him some time.

velociraptor

fffuuuuu

i disagree. wilshere's one of the most talented players in the squad. i find him to be technically better than ramsey.

he's only 21, though. give him some time.
No player should be picked based on their status, but rather, their form. Wilshire does not deserve to start any game.

Plasma

Banned
Because he wasn't in Wenger's plans.

This wing situation is deliberate from Wenger. Wenger explained what he is trying to do with Wilshere on the wing but clearly at the expense of the team. That's Wenger though, he will put players development before the winning of the team. He's always done that. When it works he's a genius, when it doesn't he's an asshole.

We seemed to want a winger though, we were linked pretty heavily with Di Maria, looks like we only didn't get him because Madrid didn't want to lose him and Ozil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom