• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
We seemed to want a winger though, we were linked pretty heavily with Di Maria, looks like we only didn't get him because Madrid didn't want to lose him and Ozil.
I doubt we really pushed to get him after we secured Ozil. I think the Di Maria pursuit was before we signed Ozil, we were always only going to sign one there.

The options for the attacking trio are Cazorla, Podolski, Ozil, Rosicky, Theo and Ox. There's no room for him anyway.

All 4 of our senior "wingers" are injured though.

Are options should be:

CM; rosicky, caz, ozil, ramsey, arteta, Cunt Flem, jack,

Wide men: Ox(even though Wenger wants him more a CAM), Theo, Gnabry, and we should have looked at at least got a decent winger for each side.

forwards; Giroud, podolski and another quality striker.

I think that would have put us in a better position instead of just using CAMs as wide men.

fuckin Anelka should've finished the game by now.

the difference in level of talent is abysmal, WBA makes Arse look like a League One team.

GorillaJu

Arsenal playing like they did against Villa, but not getting punished nearly as hard for it. Should be 3-0, two absolutely beautiful chances for Anelka.

@ Anelka

47jFxGe.gif

jtb

Banned
Because he wasn't in Wenger's plans.

This wing situation is deliberate from Wenger. Wenger explained what he is trying to do with Wilshere on the wing but clearly at the expense of the team. That's Wenger though, he will put players development before the winning of the team. He's always done that. When it works he's a genius, when it doesn't he's an asshole.

That's very true.

I do think if there's one player who's gotten way too much undue criticism from Arsenal fans (well, everyone really...) over the past two years, it's not Wilshere or Walcott, it's Gervinho (yeah, I said it!). His first season was a total disaster so that was a bit of a write-off, but I guess Wenger really only saw him as an Henry-type rather than a wing player. Gervinho's a player with a very limited, particular skillset, and I do think that Wenger rarely put him in a position to succeed. He's a direct player that we could really use right now.

As for the whole Wilshere on the wing stuff... I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess he did the same thing with Diaby and Ramsey and it kind of worked... we'll see.

The options for the attacking-midfield trio are Cazorla, Podolski, Ozil, Rosicky, Theo and Ox. There's no room for him anyway.

All 4 of our senior "wingers" are injured though.

That basically leaves us with one senior striker. I think Theo/Podolski also double as cover for Giroud, so it's nowhere near as much depth as it seems. Rosicky is made of glass too.

Arnie

Watching this in a pub by Euston.

Can't see West Brom holding on. They've wasted too many chances to win this. Just like Sunderland yesterday.

Salvadora

I do think if there's one player who's gotten way too much undue criticism from Arsenal fans (well, everyone really...) over the past two years, it's not Wilshere or Walcott, it's Gervinho (yeah, I said it!). His first season was a total disaster so that was a bit of a write-off, but I guess Wenger really only saw him as an Henry-type rather than a wing player. Gervinho's a player with a very limited, particular skillset, and I do think that Wenger rarely put him in a position to succeed. He's a direct player that we could really use right now.

You've gone too far this time, jtb.

Feorax

Another Anelka howler.

Arsenal will win this, feels just like Sunderland v United yesterday.

Getting visions of Sunderland/Man U here. Anelka you daft twat should of been a few now to WBA.

Watching this in a pub by Euston.

Can't see West Brom holding on. They've wasted too many chances to win this. Just like Sunderland yesterday.

Liverpool bros got some mind meld shit going on today.

fuck I forgot about Ryooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Why is Wenger not starting him??? What is the point of having him as a winger if you are afraid to use him.

Stop playing people in positions they can't play.

Arnie

Liverpool bros got some mind meld shit going on today.
Cus we know football, innit.

Hadn't even read the thread, either. Just lifted my phone and posted. True though. Profligacy leads to disappointment.

Ramsey off before the fucking carpet. Controversial decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom