• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozil split them open wonderfully with that pass to Giroud.

Are options should be:

CM; rosicky, caz, ozil, ramsey, arteta, Cunt Flem, jack,

Wide men: Ox(even though Wenger wants him more a CAM), Theo, Gnabry, and we should have looked at at least got a decent winger for each side.

forwards; Giroud, podolski and another quality striker.

I think that would have put us in a better position instead of just using CAMs as wide men.

When everyone's fit, Flamini, Arteta, Jack & Ramsey are all CMs. Ozil & Rosicky are AMs. That leaves Cazorla, who was a top class winger for Villarreal, Malaga, and has 50 Spain caps on either flank. There's no issue with him out there.

Podolski's best on the left since his link-up play is dire, and his work-rate isn't much better. He can do a job there, but you don't want to play a large portion of the season with him up top.

That basically leaves us with one senior striker. I think Theo/Podolski also double as cover for Giroud, so it's nowhere near as much depth as it seems. Rosicky is made of glass too.

Yeah, 1 senior striker is a big issue, but the midfield depth is ridiculous. Gnabry showing he's capable makes Podolski a reasonably makeshift option with 6 AMs still to choose from among the 3 spots behind him.

Someone has to fill the Fergie gap, Moyes sure as fuck isn't doing it.

iSW74wd1sqsaW.gif

Eanan

I remember someone here back on deadline day telling us that the fans at West Brom wanted Shane Long sold and that he had fallen out of favour with the fans.

Not sure where he got that from.

This is bullshit. How are Spurs playing? I'm not able to watch it, I'm just following the BBC's utterly illuminating "corner conceded by Walker" bullshit. Is it that bad?

Ozil split them open wonderfully with that pass to Giroud.

When everyone's fit, Flamini, Arteta, Jack & Ramsey are all CMs. Ozil & Rosicky are AMs. That leaves Cazorla, who was a top class winger for Villarreal, Malaga, and has 50 Spain caps on either flank. There's no issue with him out there.

Podolski's best on the left since his link-up play is dire, and his work-rate isn't much better. He can do a job there, but you don't want to play a large portion of the season with him up top.

Yeah, 1 senior striker is a big issue, but the midfield depth is ridiculous. Gnabry showing he's capable makes Podolski a reasonably makeshift option with 6 AMs still to choose from among the 3 spots behind him.

Cazorla is a spanish "winger" as oppossed to a PL one. Same as Inesta. neither are true wingers but lineup there at times. I feel he is better suited in cm with the ability to drift out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom