• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Mancini barely let anyone below 23 years of age on the bench!

"I know Sturridge well, I have watched him many times," Mancini says. "It was strange because he started out in Manchester and someone let him out of the club for nothing. Given the chance I think I would have liked to have kept him, but now he is at Chelsea we can do nothing. I know for sure he was one of the best young players that was here. I asked him last year when he played for Bolton why he left Manchester City and he said he didn't know.

If Sturridge was here today he would be playing in our first team," Mancini says. "This season he can arrive in the national team too. I understand the situation with young players, it is difficult for them to improve if they don't get the games they need, but it is better to send them on loan rather than lose them altogether."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/dec/10/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-daniel-sturridge

Ah well. It's in the past now :(

---

WHAT A GOAL!!!

Andross.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As much as I'd like to laugh at England, we all seriously want them to qualify <3

And Zlatan is going to Brazil!!!

fuenf

I can't believe how good Kroos has gotten this season, dat ultimate vision. 2 amazing iniesta/xavi-esque assists.

Kroos >>>>Schweini

must be the Pep effect.

Clegg

We lost 3-0 to Germany but I'm kind of happy. That was a better performance than anything we'd put in during the last 12 months of Trappatoni's reign. Gibson played very well and our keeper had a good game. We could easily have lost 6-0 buy it was our best footballing display in quite a while.

Fair one, Townsend. Did really well at QPR last season. Kept going upwards since.

Also credit to Roy for picking him instead of someone like Milner. Picked an attacking direct player and it paid off.

England will still mess up against Polski sklep though.

fuenf

We lost 3-0 to Germany but I'm kind of happy. That was a better performance than anything we'd put in during the last 12 months of Trappatoni's reign. Gibson played very well and our keeper had a good game. We could easily have lost 6-0 buy it was our best footballing display in quite a while.

I thought you looked quite good, always dangerous on attack and with a great team effort on defense.

Sturridge 0 positional sense. He should be running across to give Rpppney space. But then that would mean Sturridge not touching the ball, so fuck it, let's make it offside. Bastard plays like a pro clubs pillock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom