• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sturridge 0 positional sense. He should be running across to give Rpppney space. But then that would mean Sturridge not touching the ball, so fuck it, let's make it offside. Bastard plays like a pro clubs pillock.
Clearly super desperate to impress tonight.

It will take him a little bit of time to realise that he's Welbeck's back up.

Strax

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/...ties-for-small-nations_sto3672442/story.shtml

Germany coach Joachim Loew believes smaller nations should play in preliminary qualifying matches for World Cups and European Championships.

camby.png

Iceland going to the play-offs
(most likely)

Clearly super desperate to impress tonight.

It will take him a little bit of time to realise that he's Welbeck's back up.

He doesn't really need to be so desparate. He's a quality player, and if he's in the right place he'll get his chances. He just plays and positions himself so poorly sometimes though, you can't tell if it's an unconscious deficiency or if he really is that greedy.

He doesn't really need to be so desparate. He's a quality player, and if he's in the right place he'll get his chances. He just plays and positions himself so poorly sometimes though, you can't tell if it's an unconscious deficiency or if he really is that greedy.
He's always been quite greedy from what I can remember.

Some players are just like that.

They're all left footed too.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Good day for Spurs players. Gylfi scored for Iceland against Cyprus, they could make it to Brazil.

deroli

I think a 3-1 would have been more appropiate than a 6-0. Ireland had several good chances to score a goal: That header against the bar, the shot from distance after Neuer's trip to the half-way line, also one header and several other very decent shooting opportunies in the last 20 minutes. We were very dominant but did not have THAT many more chances compared to IRE.
Curious to see, whether we'll see a completely different team against sweden now that we're qualified.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Spain is so predictable these days. A big NT like Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Germany will beat them easily. I don't see Spain winning the WC, they need a new coach with new ideas. Struggling against teams like this one and Finland ain't gonna cut it.

Spain remind me of Barcelona 2 seasons ago (Pep's last one and the one with Tito)

Meier

Would have been pretty harsh wouldn't it? The cross was close to Pique, it bounced off his knee and barely hit his arm. Or at least looked that way.

Maybe a bit harsh but a fair decision. Matters naught though at this point.

Good work, England! Win and you're in.

arkon

What did I tell you guys? Montenegro deserved a spanking for trying to park the bus.

Best performance in a game by any international team ever.

Andros Townsend has got to start against Poland.

Good game in the end. Pretty much everyone played well.

Apart from Cahill. Fuck Cahill.

It's funny, it was the same thing in the Denmark match with one useless defender fucking it all up.

Not going to tell you who, but he looked like he was under the influence of glue.

Linius

Good day for Spurs players. Gylfi scored for Iceland against Cyprus, they could make it to Brazil.

My boy Siggi scored the other Iceland goal. The two Iceland strikers playing in the Eredivisie are on a roll over there lately. The other one being Heerenveen striker Finbogasson.

Meier

Spain is so predictable these days. A big NT like Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Germany will beat them easily. I don't see Spain winning the WC, they need a new coach with new ideas. Struggling against teams like this one and Finland ain't gonna cut it.

I don't think they've struggled really -- Belarus had 11 behind the ball the whole time which is always going to be tough to crack. Couple nice chances but they've been a bit wasteful.

They need to get a striker playing who is clinical. Negredo isn't necessarily the one (he missed a lot of chances for Sevilla), but they've gotta find one who grab the game by the scruff of the neck and score. Michu doesn't appear suited to be a CF with their play style although I think he could work well as a secondary striker if del Bosque would go that route. With so many midfielders on, it's pretty clear that they're lacking that finishing touch a true striker brings.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He's 100% right.

Just finished watching the Denmark-Italy match, player by player, most likely one of the poorest Italian sides in my memory, De Silvestri + Ranocchia + Balzaretti = perfect recipe for disaster. Would have liked to see some Verratti action as well.

A Serie B backline, at best.

FootballFan

What did I tell you guys? Montenegro deserved a spanking for trying to park the bus.

Best performance in a game by any international team ever.

Andros Townsend has got to start against Poland.

Do you think Barca/Madrid will sign Townsend after that performance?

Manager

Spain remind me of Barcelona 2 seasons ago (Pep's last one and the one with Tito)

Playing Michu instead of Negredo is a ridiculous decision. He has played so well lately in Spain, goals and assists.

Considering Bendtner didn't manage to score a single goal in Serie A and scored two today, I have to agree :D Poor Chiellini having to put up with those guys.

I seriously had no idea De Silvestri was still around (he plays for Samp apparently), Prandelli just likes to remind me about him every now and then I guess :p

Agger protesting for an offside :lol

kkliuo6jq42.gif

He was like 2 meters in front of you.

and uhm, this impressive defending against the mighty Osvaldo

agggerrmyovl.gif

Well he did make a turn towards the goal, how was he supposed to know

Buffon playing like a serie c keeper too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom