• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italy are seeded at the moment.

They'll drop if Colombia OR Uruguay win. Colombia is a given really but Uruguay are against Argentina.

Update for seeding for the World Cup:

Guaranteed to be Seeded:

Brazil
Argentina
Spain
Germany
Switzerland!!!!!!
Belgium

The final two seeded teams will be between Netherlands, Italy, Colombia and Uruguay.
Scenarios:

Colombia: beat Paraguay today and they are seeded, Fail to do so and they are not.
Uruguay: beat Argentina today and they are seeded (provided they actually qualify for the World Cup, might need to go to a playoff against Jordan). Fail to do so and they are not.
Netherlands: seeded if either Colombia or Uruguay don't win today. Otherwise they are not.
Italy: seeded if both Colombia or Uruguay don't win today. Otherwise they are not.

FootballFan

Italy are seeded at the moment.

They'll drop if Colombia OR Uruguay win. Colombia is a given really but Uruguay are against Argentina.

Argentina are without Messi and Higuain who I believe have scored ~55% of their goals but yeah it's hard to see them lose.

Elchele

Guaranteed to be Seeded:

Brazil
Argentina
Spain
Germany
Switzerland!!!!!!
Belgium

arjen-robben-hitzfeld-514.jpg

LEGEND

Meier

Ramsey scored for Wales today. He's a man possessed as of late.

Argentina are without Messi and Higuain who I believe have scored ~55% of their goals but yeah it's hard to see them lose.

No Aguero as well.. a few others were also released from duty. Going to be a pretty small squad for Argentina I think.

Kinan

God damn, Poland. One goal could have been enough. :p Play offs, here we come. France or Sweden will be very, very tough clashes.

Fergie

Banned
I'm sure their incredible backups are enough.

Aguero(okay not Aguero), Tevez, Di Maria, enough talent to see it through. Defence is the problem.

Although Uruguay are more motivated.

Lightning

Banned

Guaranteed to be Seeded:

Brazil
Argentina
Spain
Germany
Switzerland!!!!!!
Belgium

The final two seeded teams will be between Netherlands, Italy, Colombia and Uruguay.
Scenarios:

Colombia: beat Paraguay today and they are seeded, Fail to do so and they are not.
Uruguay: beat Argentina today and they are seeded (provided they actually qualify for the World Cup, might need to go to a playoff against Jordan). Fail to do so and they are not.
Netherlands: seeded if either Colombia or Uruguay don't win today. Otherwise they are not.
Italy: seeded if both Colombia or Uruguay don't win today. Otherwise they are not.
Our situation doesn't look good.

FootballFan

I'm sure their incredible backups are enough.

Aguero, Tevez, Di Maria, enough talent to see it through. Defence is the problem.

Although Uruguay are more motivated.

Aguero missing too.

Lavezzi Tevez Di Maria shouldn't be too bad but as you say Uruguay will more motivated as always, I still have my doubts over Argentina's defending.

Meier

How bout that Harry Wilson kid?

I thought I'd read that England were hoping to turn him since he's been in the LFC academy for so long. Pretty incredible to get your full debut at 16 (Wales obviously pushed it through to prevent England from nipping at him, but still, quite a feat).

Walshy

I thought I'd read that England were hoping to turn him since he's been in the LFC academy for so long. Pretty incredible to get your full debut at 16 (Wales obviously pushed it through to prevent England from nipping at him, but still, quite a feat).
It's a joke.

He hasn't even started for the u21s, only about 17 mins as a sub.

Fergie

Banned
Aguero missing too.

Lavezzi Tevez Di Maria shouldn't be too bad but as you say Uruguay will more motivated as always, I still have my doubts over Argentina's defending.
Always lets them down against comparable teams. Defence is a big point in being champions.

Aguero missing might hurt. But Tevez is beast.

Meier

Speaking of debuts, young Zakkaria Bakkali apparently got his full debut from Belgium in that match as well. Just 17.. future Man City star hopefully. :) Should already be on the team.. *shakes his fist at pops*

Wales did it for two reasons.

1: To tie him to Wales
2: So Chris Coleman can pretend that he has an interest in the future of the Wales national team, which will be a vital criteria when the Welsh FA decide whether he should keep his job

He's been used as a pawn, basically

Walshy

Wales did it for two reasons.

1: To tie him to Wales
2: So Chris Coleman can pretend that he has an interest in the future of the Wales national team, which will be a vital criteria when the Welsh FA decide whether he should keep his job

He's been used as a pawn, basically
It's a shame, he was developing quite nicely under the radar to anyone who wasn't really a Liverpool fan.

Now he's Wales youngest ever player, people will expect him to be the next Bale, fans will expect him to feature in the first team in a few years. It's a lot of pressure for a sixteen year old kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom