• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poland sacked their manager.

ytMDC5h.png

bud

he was looking up to the sky, seemingly praying for a victory, a bunch of times yesterday--and it all looked so pathetic. i'm a very sensitive person (please understand), but hodgson just didn't look like he had a clue about what he was doing.

england will not make it past the group stage.

the netherlands, with such a young and inexperienced squad last night, are playing much, much better football.

bjaelke

Croatia also sacked their manager despite making it to the play offs. Or he resigned. I can't tell.

"It is a bad defeat. I offered my mandate (resignation) to the president of the Croatian football federation because of the latest results of our team, because everything that surrounds us," he said on Sky Sports.

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews
Igor Stimac sacked as Croatia coach #SSN

We played such lovely football last night, been a long long time since a Scotland team had such fluidity to it.It was very nice to see Naismith, Snodgrass and Anya linking so well.

Croatia have looked like a really poor side on both occasions against us; they shouldn't get through the play-off round.

It just depresses me to think about what might have happened, if we sacked Levein when everybody wanted it.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. A good base, good young talent, good football and belief is back. Would be poetic to qualify for France 2016.

Players from Brockenhurst and Andover Town set a new record as they scored 29 consecutive penalties in a shoot-out.

The Hampshire Senior Cup match finished 0-0 after extra time, so went to spot-kicks.

And after 29 successful attempts - a total confirmed by the Football Association as an English record - Andover's Claudio Herbert missed.

Pretty impressive haha.

3Sixty

Croatia also sacked their manager despite making it to the play offs. Or he resigned. I can't tell.

"It is a bad defeat. I offered my mandate (resignation) to the president of the Croatian football federation because of the latest results of our team, because everything that surrounds us," he said on Sky Sports.

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews
Igor Stimac sacked as Croatia coach #SSN

I'd quit if i lost to Scotland

Pretty impressive haha.

I know someone that plays for Andover!

I think Hodgson hasn't done a bad job. Sure, his football may be boring but at least it's got us to Brazil.

I would like to see us playing more young players and playing more expansive football though, that's the dream.

Fergie

Banned
Chicha's miss

w1FiEru.gif

Pea is becoming the Torres of Mexico. Used to be lethal, now he's missing every chance. Missed a pen in the last game too.
What the fuck.

Fuck he needs to go in Jan if he doesn't get substantial play time by then.

Shouldn't be languishing in the bench.

Moyes needs to make better subs, can't have these players on the bench.

Fuck.

GorillaJu

I would go with number 1.

+1

tumblr_mtnvwuEsjV1qbwpj1o2_r1_250.gif

Did you ever go around to housing tracts to look at model homes with your family? There were so many in the 80s and 90s in Southern California, now it's definitely slowed down a lot.

I used to stare at the miniature models of the towns they had in the model homes. Love those things :lol

Meier

Saw the highlights of the England-Poland game. That Townsend shot seemed like such a ridiculous effort and then it goes and hits the crossbar in the cop corner. If that had gone in.. my goodness.

Caught my first ever shiny.

Nice! Congrats. I don't think I've ever caught one.. I don't even know how to differentiate. Do they actually shine in the field? Or is it just a different color scheme?

LTWheels

Saw the highlights of the England-Poland game. That Townsend shot seemed like such a ridiculous effort and then it goes and hits the crossbar in the cop corner. If that had gone in.. my goodness.

Nice! Congrats. I don't think I've ever caught one.. I don't even know how to differentiate. Do they actually shine in the field? Or is it just a different color scheme?

Different colour and when they appear on the field there is this special animation. Even if you havn't seen it before, that special animation is a give away that something is different.

Tc91

Different colour and when they appear on the field there is this special animation. Even if you havn't seen it before, that special animation is a give away that something is different.

Nice man! They definitely seem more common in this game.

And yeah they give off a little sparkle when they come out on the field.

Walshy

Only shiny I've ever caught was Larvitar and the Red Gyarados in Pokemon Gold.

I have never played a Pokemon game after Ruby though.

Salvadora

Caught a shiny Weedle once but I really wasn't that bothered about it, maybe if it had been a cooler pokemon or something...
Beedrill is boss.

The lame shinies are the ones that are only slightly different from normal. 1/8192 chance and ending up a shiny who Game Freak put little effort into is shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom