• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

USA! USA!

Does ESPN in the UK air the documentary series '30 for 30'?

It's a series of sports documentaries by up and coming/famous directors.

There are a couple of footy ones, 'The 2 Escobars' about Colombia's last foray in the WC, etc.

Anyways last night was 'No Mas' the story of Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Roberto Duran.

Shit was excellent.

Yeah, they do. I enjoyed the 2 Escobars one.

Meier

Thanks buddy, good read. His comments about One Direction are pretty perfect.

And groups like One Direction...
Banal pop music, like One Direction, say... what I think is: everybody's winning out of it. One Direction aren't working in the local f***ing Costcutter, so they're winning. The geezer who's writing the f***ing shit tunes - he's winning. He doesn't even have to leave the studio. He's got f***ing new houses coming out of his ear holes. The record company are winning - 'cos they're all getting their f***ing bonuses at Christmas. The young 12-year-old girls are winning because one day they might actually grow up to give one of them a blow job. They're all winning. No one's losing! The only people who are losing are idiots like me at 9.30 in the morning when you're trying to get the kids out the door for school, and they're f***ing murdering one of Blondie's songs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But wait, what if we're the wrong ones? What if Pokemon is the way and we're mocking the system?

Makes you think.
Nintendo games, like Pokemon, say...what I think is: everybody's winning out of it. Game Freak aren't working in the local f***ing Costcutter, so they're winning. The geezer who's developing the f***ing shit games - he's winning. He doesn't even have to leave the studio. He's got f***ing new houses coming out of his ass. The publisher is winning - 'cos they're all getting their f***ing bonuses at Christmas. The 20+-year-old guys are winning because one day they might actually grow up. They're all winning. No one's losing! The only people who are losing are idiots like me (and you) who at 6.30 in the morning when you're trying to get yourself out the door for work, and they're f***ing playing one of those games.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Quag is out for 20 days. With Mirko Vucinic and Lichtsteiner.

Yeah, so, we're definitely out of Europe now.

Nintendo games, like Pokemon, say...what I think is: everybody's winning out of it. Game Freak aren't working in the local f***ing Costcutter, so they're winning. The geezer who's developing the f***ing shit games - he's winning. He doesn't even have to leave the studio. He's got f***ing new houses coming out of his ass. The publisher is winning - 'cos they're all getting their f***ing bonuses at Christmas. The 20+-year-old guys are winning because one day they might actually grow up. They're all winning. No one's losing! The only people who are losing are idiots like me (and you) who at 6.30 in the morning when you're trying to get yourself out the door for work, and they're f***ing playing one of those games.

I can't tell if you got this from somewhere or you wrote it.

He's (you?) kinda right?

I'm so confused right now.

Make it stop Yurt, make pokemon disappear.

Kiraly

1379249_10150474549524953_730573789_n.jpg

Out of interest, why?

It's a series that many people (including myself) grew up with.
Just never got in to it. When I was about 10 or so everybody was arsing about with the cards and whatnot. I bought a few, messed about with them for a few months, then packed it in.

I borrowed a game off a friend years ago, Pokémon Red I think. Played up until there was a Snorelax blocking some road. No idea how far in that was. Felt like ages.

Meier

Thought we might see Demichelis this weekend but he is playing for the EDS alongside Rodwell and Boyata. Seems like Lescott or Javi at CB it is.

Not sure where Bacon got my FM key from..hopefully I get the beta but if not, I'll manage.

arkon

I can't tell if you got this from somewhere or you wrote it.

He's (you?) kinda right?

I'm so confused right now.

Make it stop Yurt, make pokemon disappear.

In what way are you losing in that situation? Somebody is playing a game you don't like or have no interest in. Oh dear.

All you have to do is skip the chatter. Even if it does bleed into unrelated threads like this one. It doesn't take much to skip over those posts that mention it. It's like me with The Last Of Us or GTA V chat in this thread. I'm not going to get to those games for a long time or if at all. Takes little effort to skim over those posts.

You goobers need to get a grip.

Fucking international break.

Thought we might see Demichelis this weekend but he is playing for the EDS alongside Rodwell and Boyata. Seems like Lescott or Javi at CB it is.

Not sure where Bacon got my FM key from..hopefully I get the beta but if not, I'll manage.

Speaking to him earlier he said he got it from Nuveem. He said he is unbanned tomorrow and give you the key then. Nuveem said they are sending out the keys thorughout today and tomorrow!

kharma45

Being able to choose where you were born is a nice touch in the new FM

AhG1xPF.png

Also, Moyes is gone. You can all rejoice. Time to clear out Welbeck now.

Lightning

Banned
I actually think we should not start Ozil against Norwich. Let his knee get more recovery and save him for the Dortmund game.

With Walcott and Cazorla now available we should be far too much for Norwich without Ozil.

L1NETT

FM 14 seems interesting. In a good way though.

Getting those players stats now Clegg.

Edit: Kharma'd.

Oi Kharma, show Adnan's international little bit. Bold statement from FM.

Salvadora

I actually think we should not start Ozil against Norwich. Let his knee get more recovery and save him for the Dortmund game.

With Walcott and Cazorla now available we should be far too much for Norwich without Ozil.
The problem with that is I'm not sure Walcott and Cazorla are fit enough to start, especially the later.

We're probably better starting Ozil and overwhelming them, allowing us to take him off later. With a fully fit squad we would ideally be doing what you said though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom