• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Would you mind hooking me up with a screengrab of Balotelli's stats? Haven't pre-ordered yet...

Sure thing

BIMeg0z.png

Sviat, I give you the title of International Football King.

Go Russia. Loskov4life.

SamedovNewLoskov

Thanks. Samedov was a real hero yesterday. I don't know if you knew it but he's half Azerbaijani and they weren't pleased that he chose to represent Russia. They booed every time he had the ball yesterday, threw shit at him, all their players tried to goon him at every opportunity. And he responded by playing his best game in a Russia shirt. Hero!

In other news, the seeds for the Euro 2016 qualifying draw are set

Pot 1: Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Greece, Portugal, Russia, Bosnia
Pot 2: Sweden, Ukraine, Croatia, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungry, Ireland
Pot 3: Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Romania, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Austria, Montenegro
Pot 4: Armenia, Poland, Scotland, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Iceland
Pot 5: Belarus, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus
Pot 6: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar

Welcome Gibraltar, the new power in European football.

Hitch you're relying on Ubisoft. And Assassin's Creed. It hasn't been good since 2009. Rafa Benitez was still your manager, and you were in the CL. Times have changed.

Hitch stop this madness.

Let go.

AC4> Glen Johnson.

In seriousness, Killzone is Dullzone and neither knack nor any third parties (only really interested in BF4) are system sellers. Whilst those indie games are nice, (some of them look very nice) they aren't worth the money of the console.

Call me when Infamous and Destiny. Till then it's FM, Vita and Batman.

Its not like there's any chance of me buying it at launch. I'll wait and see how its received, and leave it long enough for any potential backlash to pass, so I can get a proper idea of how good it is. I expect it to be shite though. Same as Knack.

Thankfully I like Killzone 2, or I'd have no interest in Shadowfall. Resogun is not my kind of game, looks great though. The indies will pique my interest for an hour apiece. Johnson is better than any and all Bradford players in history. BF4 will be great hopefully.

Next Spring may as well be the true launch. Destiny and Infamous will be immense, I can feel it. And WatchDogs will be GOTG

Best Young Player in the Portuguese League for the months of August and September - William Carvalho

williamcarvalho-27072013010.jpg

Best Player in the Portuguese League for the months of August and September - Fredy Montero

fredy-montero-sporting.jpg

Deserved awards for both of them. They´ve been outstanding.

FootballFan

Thanks. Samedov was a real hero yesterday. I don't know if you knew it but he's half Azerbaijani and they weren't pleased that he chose to represent Russia. They booed every time he had the ball yesterday, threw shit at him, all their players tried to goon him at every opportunity. And he responded by playing his best game in a Russia shirt. Hero!

lol Didn't know that.

#Samedov
#LokomotivCarryingRussia

I will buy a new dual shock for my pc. One of my sixaxis is currently being used to play emulators on my phone, a platform that probably got better games than ps4 or xbone at launch.

Persona 2 is awesome btw, says at the beginning that all characters a fictional and that shit, then features hitler, with his swastika and all, even spells out his name lol.

FootballFan

I will buy a new dual shock for my pc. One of my sixaxis is currently being used to play emulators on my phone, a platform that probably got better games than ps4 or xbone at launch.

Persona 2 is awesome btw, says at the beginning that all characters a fictional and that shit, then features hitler, with his swastika and all, even spells out his name lol.

Get a Vita and Persona 4 Golden.

I doubt his family will be suing for royalties tbf :p

LTWheels

I wish the ps4 had the xbox one's launch games.

Dilemmas...

Ps4 now but no games and buy X1 when either price drop/Titanfall bundle.

OR

XB1 now with games and buy ps4 when naughty dog releases games.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f10%2fEvra-Top-Image.jpg
Amid all the dispute and discussion about David Moyes this season, there is only one thing we can say for certain: it hasn't exactly been the most edifying start for Manchester United. Even beyond all the talk about the worst beginning to a season in over two decades, and so much of the statistics thrown around about the paucity of goals from open play, much more of an issue has been the chances created.

The recent 2-1 home defeat to West Brom posed some of those problems. As United chased the game, there was no real grand rally; no sort of siege to inspire that energised unpredictability that had Alex Ferguson smiling in his recent interview with Charlie Rose. "In the last 15 minutes throw the kitchen sink at the them. It's worth a gamble." This United, however, did not truly roll the dice. Instead, they played the same card over and over. It was all somewhat predictable.

The perception was of Moyes' side simply trying to win the ball in midfield, get it out to the full-back, get the cross in... and either force a chance or repeat. The 50-year-old certainly seemed to repeat the approach he primarily practised at Everton.

Of course, perception is part of the issue with the wider debate here. Because of Moyes' previous record, and the understandable if somewhat unfair comparisons with his predecessor, the key question for United has been whether the new man's approach is too reductive and - most importantly of all - whether it can actually develop.

Former Everton centre-back David Weir described Moyes as a manager who looks at everything in football "from a defender's perspective" and how, in leaving much of the work with attackers to other coaches, it was if "that wasn't his forte". Similarly, Tottenham are understood to have discounted him as a candidate to replace Harry Redknapp in 2012 because of a particularly compromised display at White Hart Lane. With all that in mind, it's worth attempting to properly analyse such perceptions in his time at United so far.

Carbonox

Dilemmas...

OR

Pfft, Ryse looks like utter dross and don't expect much from Dead Rising 3 - Capcom Vancouver are dire developers. It will be as average as the previous ones.

Doesn't hide the terribad PS4 launch lineup though.

Still, I've got AC4, Killzone and FIFA on preorder for my PS4. That will more than last me until Infamous.

arkon

Dilemmas...

OR

Always go with the games. If you want to play them and are willing to pay up for them, go for it!

No point waiting around for hypothetical games to come.

Assuming you are determined to pick up one or the other at launch.

Linius

In other news, the seeds for the Euro 2016 qualifying draw are set

Pot 1: Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Greece, Portugal, Russia, Bosnia
Pot 2: Sweden, Ukraine, Croatia, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungry, Ireland
Pot 3: Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Romania, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Austria, Montenegro
Pot 4: Armenia, Poland, Scotland, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Iceland
Pot 5: Belarus, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus
Pot 6: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar

Welcome Gibraltar, the new power in European football.

Gibraltar has it's own team? Amazing :lol

I've seen their football stadium, it's literally next to the landing strip.

Gibraltar is best UK!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
60€ for all this. thinking about pulling the trigger.

http://s5.postimg.org/obzlhvbeu/20130722_IMG_0224.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Pull it. The best console I have ever owned.

[IMG]http://static.tumblr.com/569693525109f96c7046e0ea75dff3fe/gm6extr/a8jmrwtlz/tumblr_static_tumblr_maxq61yf0x1qk26dzo1_r1_500.gif

Edit: Wait, are you selling it? Edit2: you cunt?

i had one till 2001. i went 8 years without gaming till 2009. that's how good the DC was, nothing could come close.

edit: thinking about buying it. dude in the ad said it only played Soucalibur twice on it then it went back into the box.

Facism

Think I'll wait till Feb/March of next year before I get a PS4.

None of the launch games interest me and I can get Ass Creed 4 on PS3.

I was thinking about buying one at that time, too, but decided i'm just going to spunk my money on a new pc and forgo consoles until the next Naughty Dog game.

LTWheels

Always go with the games. If you want to play them and are willing to pay up for them, go for it!

No point waiting around for hypothetical games to come.

Assuming you are determined to pick up one or the other at launch.

Yeah that's the big dilemma for me. I'm not really interested in any of the third party games outside of FIFA. If I want to play any of them I can always pick them up in some future steam sale.

I want to play:
XB1: DR3, KI, Crimson Dragon, fifa, forza.
PS4: fifa.... maybe killzone (need to see reviews)

It's just the price difference, I already own a vita and building up the ps4 instant games collection that's pushing me in the ps4 direction.

I have thought about waiting for Titanfall to come out to purchase the xbox. im going to buy fifa anyway, so I might as well keep my xbox pre-order. Since the game is included, it will be cheaper than having to buy fifa later on.

Elchele

Anyone has created a small game (in mac)? I need recommendations about apps for making games without programming :p I have to make a small game with references to authors we've been reading in class.

arkon

Yeah that's the big dilemma for me. I'm not really interested in any of the third party games outside of FIFA. If I want to play any of them I can always pick them up in some future steam sale.

I want to play:
XB1: DR3, KI, Crimson Dragon, fifa, forza.
PS4: fifa.... maybe killzone (need to see reviews)

It's just the price difference, I already own a vita and building up the ps4 instant games collection that's pushing me in the ps4 direction.

I have thought about waiting for Titanfall to come out to purchase the xbox. im going to buy fifa anyway, so I might as well keep my xbox pre-order. Since the game is included, it will be cheaper than having to buy fifa later on.

Sounds like Xbox is the way to go then.

I'm gonna wait on both. I've decided not to jump in early on new hardware until there's at least 9-10 games available for purchase that I absolutely have to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom