• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone agree that Essien never really reached the consistent heights he was capable of because of his injuries? When he was playing week-in week-out I thought he was a bit overrated, then when he was playing like a powerhouse whenever he played, he kept getting injured

Walshy

Would anyone agree that Essien never really reached the consistent heights he was capable of because of his injuries? When he was playing week-in week-out I thought he was a bit overrated, then when he was playing like a powerhouse whenever he played, he kept getting injured
Didn't one of his operations go wrong? I don't think he can fully extend one of his legs, which made him lose his pace and mobility.

When he first joined Chelsea from Lyon he was an absolute beast. Powerful and quick, good technique and a lot of stamina. Injuries fucked him over a lot. He's a shadow of his former self

Fady, cool it down with the Chelsea retweets. There's only so much cunt I can handle on my timeline.

Don't ever follow this girl that loves Shinji. If Shinji gets benched, which is all the time, she'll retweet free shinji 30 times and start talking about how depressed she is. It's ridiculous. She just does not the shut the fuck up. I'm surprised she has so many followers.

Meier

Don't ever follow this girl that loves Shinji. If Shinji gets benched, which is all the time, she'll retweet free shinji 30 times and start talking about how depressed she is. It's ridiculous. She just does not the shut the fuck up. I'm surprised she has so many followers.

I cut anyone off who tweets too much -- she'd have been culled in seconds. I give Fady a little leeway since he just does it in bunches every so often. :p

Fergie

Banned
QoT0o23.jpg

Linius

I cut anyone off who tweets too much -- she'd have been culled in seconds. I give Fady a little leeway since he just does it in bunches every so often. :p

When I just got Twitter I used to tweet a lot bullshit. But that changed to tweeting once a day max. I usually just read.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gravity

tumblr_lga79iMOyk1qg4ayxo1_400.gif

Alfonso Cuarón is a fucking brilliant filmmaker! It's not as good as the hype is making it out to be but it's unique and you won't see anything like it anytime soon.

And you should definitely and defiantly watch it in 3D only!

Spoiler
I hated one certain hollywood moment from George Clooney though

Hixx

Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool
Stoke City 1-1 West Brom
Chelsea 3-1 Cardiff
Man United 1-0 Southampton
Swansea 2-2 Sunderland
Arsenal 3-0 Norwich
Everton 3-1 Hull
West Ham 1-3 Man City
Villa 2-2 Spurs
Palace 2-1 Fulham

it is known

:((

Meier

Asked earlier but is there a face and logo pack for FM14?

Want to install it before I carry on playing.

sortitoutsi has the massive facepack from FM13 that works just fine with 14.

When I just got Twitter I used to tweet a lot bullshit. But that changed to tweeting once a day max. I usually just read.

1 a day would get lost in the shuffle! I think I average about 10-12 tweets a day or something although many are replies so they're often hidden away from most. I guess my non @ replies are probably only a few per day.

Linius

1 a day would get lost in the shuffle! I think I average about 10-12 tweets a day or something although many are replies so they're often hidden away from most. I guess my non @ replies are probably only a few per day.

Yeah I meant the tweets that are not replies. If I manage one a day it's a lot :p

And my weekly automatic last.fm tweet :p

Mastadon

Banned
Has anyone posted the Lucas interview in the Guardian yet?

Upon his return, in August last year, he tore a hamstring during the warm-up before a league game against the same opponents. Amazingly he still tried to play but lasted only five minutes before being replaced by Jonjo Shelvey. The injury left him depressed and fearing for his career. "I had to search really deep for some strength because there were a couple of days I could barely move and the doctors did not even allow me to hold my baby son," he says.

But it was also during that time that his fondness for his club, who face Newcastle United in Saturday's lunchtime kick-off, reached a new level. "The club was amazing to me, supporters met me on the street and told me that things were going to be OK. And all the support I received then is the reason why I don't really see myself playing for any other club if I have the choice. I'd love to have my testimonial at Anfield.

"I have played under four managers at Liverpool and I am grateful for everything they have taught me," he continues. "The thing with Brendan [Rodgers] is that he was here during the worst time of my career. His encouragement was crucial for me to come back from a bad place."

Rodgers was not the only person at the club who supported Lucas during those dark days. The England captain, Steven Gerrard, was another. "When I was injured he sat down to talk to me a couple of times and was very encouraging," Lucas says. "He is a vital player for this club. He is a legend at Liverpool and it is easy to see why he is also the England captain. He is also not as serious as people seem to think and I'm delighted to be playing alongside him."

Link

<3<3<3

jtb

Banned
Gravity

tumblr_lga79iMOyk1qg4ayxo1_400.gif

Alfonso Cuarón is a fucking brilliant filmmaker! It's not as good as the hype is making it out to be but it's unique and you won't see anything like it anytime soon.

And you should definitely and defiantly watch it in 3D only!

Spoiler
I hated one certain hollywood moment from George Clooney though

You're going to have to be a little more specific with that spoiler lol. Are you talking about him
detaching? or the part where she's in the Soyuz module

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom