• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

Jack cw

Löw is a weird guy, it's as if he doesn't understand, even with time, how to inspire his talented team to win titles. He's like that one guy who doesn't realize his assets.
He had it right before his eyes. 2010 WC was the right way to go. Solid defence with high pressing and pitch perfect counters. Bayern won everything last year with similar tactics and Dortmund plays this since 4 years with success. I dont know where this sudden change from counter to posession came from. Maybe some Spain complex, but since that swap we have some serious problems with defensive work and was the reason we were knocked out by Italy... I think we'll make it at least to the semi final but wont win the WC.

Kenka

How mad is everyone that he got an extension?
He is still a good trainer but his charisma is not on par with what you can find elsewhere. I dare to say a guy like van Marwijk is exactly what Germany needs to reach its zenith. Löw is slowly becoming a late Ballack-kind of asset for this German team. That means, someone who is staying too long.
He had it right before his eyes. 2010 WC was the right way to go. Solid defence with high pressing and pitch perfect counters. Bayern won everything last year with similar tactics and Dortmund plays this since 4 years with success. I dont know where this sudden change from counter to posession came from. Maybe some Spain complex, but since that swap we have some serious problems with defensive work and was the reason we were knocked out by Italy... I think we'll make it at least to the semi final but wont win the WC.
He is hesitating between both which was symptomatic of the recent Werder Bremen golden period and the latest Germany games in which you they were incapable of keeping a clean sheet.

Jack cw

He is still a good trainer but his charisma is not on par with what you can find elsewhere. I dare to say a guy like van Marwijk is exactly what Germany needs to reach its zenith. Löw is slowly becoming a late Ballack-kind of asset for this German team. That means, someone who is staying too long.

He is hesitating between both which was symptomatic of the recent Werder Bremen golden period and the latest Germany games in which you they were incapable of keeping a clean sheet.

Hehe, yes exactly! Its a Bremen situtation... I remember that glorious 4-4 against Valencia...
Anyway I think everyone knows that if this WC wont result in a title its up to someone else to get it.

Facism

What is a budo.
And please don't reply "a miserable pile of secrets".

Halal!
Is it meat you're looking for?

Lionel-Richie.jpg

Kenka

Halal!
Is it meat you're looking for?

Lionel-Richie.jpg
The plot is thickening, why would Lionel Richie's music not be halal ? Because of the Seattle Sounders ? I am sure it's because of these fucking Sounders.

I have no idea what I am saying, I am kinda lost.

Hixx

That Lewandowski video is great

"we kiss?" kiss "that it? i meant like, make out"

so she does that

I need to go to America

I HAVE AN ACCENT I CAN PRETEND TO BE... ANDY CARROLL

Tc91

In demand teenager Adnan Januzaj has dropped the biggest hint yet that he is ready to commit his future to Manchester United.

'I am happy at Manchester United and I want to commit myself 100 per cent in every game to do my best,’ Januzaj told Kosovo-based broadcaster, KTV.

'I want to help Manchester United win the Premier League and become the best player in the world.’

dailyfail

dailyfail

For United bros (for the love of god skip if you're fed up with Adnan)

Adnan and his father were on Kosovo tv and gave an interview. It was translated on redcafe.

His dad sounds like those pageant moms who live through their kids. Either that or Joseph Jackson who disciplines his son so much in order for him to reach the top.

They got it from redcafe. A poster translated the interview. I doubt any news sites are giving credit to redcafe though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm going to Gravity in 1.5 hour!

DON'T JUDGE ME MEIER

You know, I'm not even sure if it's IMAX or not but whatever.

bjaelke

''We can't expect anything from FIFA, where we have a blackmailer called Valcke and a thief called Blatter,'' Romario said while replying to a comment from a colleague who said FIFA should do more to make sure the World Cup will leave a legacy for Brazil. ''They really don't represent world football, much less Brazilian football.''
''I wouldn't trust (Valcke) if I had to give him 10 reals (about $5) to buy me bread and milk,'' Romario said in his post.
bantz

---

Aspas out for 5 weeks.

So Red Bull are looking to takeover Liverpool or Everton.

Red Bull Liverpool :lol

The tears in here would be glorious.

Won't happen. They want Liverpool, Everton, or a London based team. The clubs have too much history and I don't think the PL would allow one of those clubs get completely re-branded. I can only see Leyton Orient or MK Dons going for Redbull. West Ham would probably be preferred for them because of the new stadium and size of fanbase, but the complete changing of the colors, badge, and name would make the fans completely angry.

Salvadora

No formations for tomorrow?

-------------------------Giroud---------------------------

Wilshere---------------Ozil---------------Cazorla-

--------------------Flamini---Arteta-----------------

Gibbs-----Mertesacker---Koscielny---Sagna--

-----------------------Sir Szc-----------------------------

Give Ramsey/Ozil a rest for Dortmund.

-------------------------Giroud---------------------------

Wilshere---------------Ozil---------------Cazorla-

--------------------Flamini---Arteta-----------------

Gibbs-----Mertesacker---Koscielny---Sagna--

-----------------------Sir Szc-----------------------------

Give Ramsey/Ozil a rest for Dortmund.

Cazorla's back? Ace.
I take it Walcott/Ox both out then - shame. How bout Gnabry instead of that Wilshere. He's basically the Ox, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom