• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegar

Oh look, a FIFA 14 commercial with people scoring non-header goals. Footage may be in-engine, but now I know there's no way it's genuine gameplay footage. :-(

Suen

Marcelo isn't fit and Varane probably benched. Not sure about Bale, I think they at least try to start with him just because zomg home game Bale debut yada yada.

Ramos needs to step the fuck up, he has been terrible. Once the best CB in the world is now shit. We need him.

Nevertheless I have no confidence, we'll lose tonight.
Yeah Ramos quality has gradually dropped. He was a top class CB and cunt before. Now he's just a cunt who brings trouble to the team on the pitch instead.

Yen

Amazing scenes in the SHC. Two goals in the last minute. 5-16 to 3-16 for Clare.

Great pic
BVQ60jLCcAANSth.jpg

Suen

Giroud isn't awful, he has a knack of getting into good positions and can finish, but I just think he is bit lumpy, slow and doesn't have a trick or a turn of pace. Wenger always had strikers who can stretch it.

If a universe in which Suarez would have gone to Arsenal, it would have been perfect.

@Suen Jenkinson??????
Jenkinson is good and I'm sure he will become better but a great RB would be great to have. Besides, doesn't Sagna's contract run out next year? Instead of extending it we should invest in a new RB. We could keep him but still invest in a new one as well. Just Jenkinson as a long term solution is not good obv.

Suen

Our GK and defence is the least of our worries.

Goals win you games. We need a goalscorer. Someone who will give us 30 goals year in year out.
I'd think that after seeing Chesney in the first half a GK should be one our biggest worries. It's not the first time crap like that happens either. Defense needs a good improvement but I'd say a striker and GK as top priorities.

He's been pretty awful all season. No player should automatically get a place in the team. He needs to be benched when Cazorla returns.

Harsh, he's been mostly good this season. But yeah, he doesn't make the first XI at this point.

Still, you'd think after the Ramsey situation (injured for a year, takes a while to get back to top form), I'd like to think people would be patient with Jack. He also missed a season through injury, it doesn't just come back straight away.

Giroud isn't awful, he has a knack of getting into good positions and can finish, but I just think he is bit lumpy, slow and doesn't have a trick or a turn of pace. Wenger always had strikers who can stretch it.

If a universe in which Suarez would have gone to Arsenal, it would have been perfect.

Cavani was the one for me. It would've been a dream to see him at the top of this Arsenal side.

L1NETT

I think the lad has been a bit careful not to make any mistakes in his time in the first team.

He's known for taking players on yet hasn't really done it.

Eh Don't want him to do an Ox, remember when he first burst on to the scene he was taking people on now that seems to have gone from his game.

velociraptor

The whole premier league is devoid of them except for RVP/Rooney. I am sure Suarez could if he went to a decent team
Suarez would be my ideal target. Whether Liverpool will sell him or not is a different matter. Perhaps if they fail to reach the CL they may be forced to part with him.

Mastadon

Banned
Suarez would be my ideal target. Whether Liverpool will sell him or not is a different matter. Perhaps if they fail to reach the CL they may be forced to part with him.

Depends who else is in for him. If a foreign CL club comes in for him then he'll almost certainly go there.

Wilbur

Banned
Okay I have the sound off for the Barca match but I think Xavi and Valdes just had an argument and Neymar is crying on the bench

bud

arsenal aren't good yet, but at least we're seeing something that resembles some sort of passing game.

please continue.
please be better.

ozil, you could've been a legend. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom