• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Bayern-Gaf: which players are confirmed out for the City game? Do you expect Pep to rest players this weekend? In the match yesterday(?), did he rest some?

definitely out: badstuber, thiago and maybe martinez. but he seems to recover. but city will be too early

he rested the major part of the team yesterday. so i'm gonna expect to see the full squad on sat.

but we are only playing wolfsburg at home. so i expect a easy game. not much energy loss.

Jack cw

Bayern-Gaf: which players are confirmed out for the City game? Do you expect Pep to rest players this weekend? In the match yesterday(?), did he rest some?
We'll see about that. Pep switched out 5 players from the Bundesliga match against Schalke. Since the next Bundesliga game is in the Allianz Arean against Wolfsburg, I think he will start with the line up that would play against City. Götze should be in squad too, but not starting 11. So you have to face a formation like this:

----------------------Neuer----------------------
Rafinha------Boateng-------Dante------Alaba
--------------Lahm-------Schweinsteiger------
-----------------------Kroos---------------------
Robben-----------Mandzukic-----------Ribery

Manager

definitely out: badstuber, thiago and maybe martinez. but he seems to recover. but city will be too early

he rested the major part of the team yesterday. so i'm gonna expect to see the full squad on sat.

but we are only playing wolfsburg at home. so i expect a easy game. not much energy loss.

Thanks. Who will take the defensive responsibility in central midfield then, Schwe?

Not sure if Pellegrini will rest some against AV. Also wonder if he will play Richards and Clichy to counter your pacy wingers... but they're both a bit unfit.

Suen

Now that I think about it, Arsenal fans should have exclusive rights over the thread title

Lord knows they aren't getting titles any other way
Better not winning anything than pretending to have won more than what you have.

#Calcioventus

Salazar

"Expects more" is a positive phrase, goobers.

It's not a criticism.

Surely you hear football manager platitudes often enough to interpret them with a measure of sensitivity.

Also CHICHA SO GOOD.

Manager

We'll see about that. Pep switched out 5 players from the Bundesliga match against Schalke. Since the next Bundesliga game is in the Allianz Arean against Wolfsburg, I think he will start witch the line up that would play against City. Götze should be in squad too, but not starting 11. So you have to face a formation like this:

----------------------Neuer----------------------
Rafinha------Boateng-------Dante------Alaba
--------------Lahm-------Schweinsteiger------
-----------------------Kroos---------------------
Robben-----------Mandzukic-----------Ribery

Thanks! What kind of player is Kroos anyway, he never plays when I watch them? Box-to-box or offensive, poor defensively? And how is Lahm as dm, I remember some questioning Pep about that one...

Jack cw

Thanks. Who will take the defensive responsibility in central midfield then, Schwe?

Not sure if Pellegrini will rest some against AV. Also wonder if he will play Richards and Clichy to counter your pacy wingers... but they're both a bit unfit.
We dont defend like this anymore.
Alaba and Rafinha will move into central midfield when bayern has posession forcing your wingers to pull back into the centere, so we have to lines of defence to get the ball back immediately after we've lost it. Otherwise, Schweinsteiger and Lahm will operate as aclassic double 6 when defending.

Manager

We dont defend like this anymore.
Alaba and Rafinha will move into central midfield when bayern has posession forcing your wingers to pull back into the centere, so we have to lines of defence to get the ball back immediately after we've lost it. Otherwise, Schweinsteiger and Lahm will operate as aclassic double 6 when defending.

Sounds dangerous when you have Navas waiting to sprint...

Nasri usually drift towards the center anyway, he will probably be on the left.

Edit
Forgot Alaba is rapid

Jack cw

Thanks! What kind of player is Kroos anyway, he never plays when I watch them? Box-to-box or offensive, poor defensively? And how is Lahm as dm, I remember some questioning Pep about that one...

Lahm played really well on the six, I was surprised to, but it works right now. He is a smart guy and even in midfield he can process passes really good. And Kroos with his actual form is incredibly hard to defend because he positions himself around your last midfielder, and lures out one central back, so either Ribrey, Mandzukic or Robben will have space to break through. Kross is key in the offence right now.

Manager

Lahm played really well on the six, I was surprised to, but it works right now. He is a smart guy and even in midfield he can process passes really good. And Kroos with his actual form is incredibly hard to defend because he positions himself around your last midfielder, and lures out one central back, so either Ribrey, Mandzukic or Robben will have space to break through. Kross is key in the offence right now.

Pellegrini likes to put Fernandinho on that guy (like Kroos) same with Rooney. It worked with useless Young and Valencia on the sides, but I wonder how it will go with Ribery and Robben roaming... specially with Kolarov there, he is very dodgy defensively, specially against pace.

Jack cw

Sounds dangerous when you have Navas waiting to sprint...

Nasri usually drift towards the center anyway, he will probably be on the left.

Edit
Forgot Alaba is rapid

That is Bayerns weak point. If the ball gets behind the last line of midfielders, only Dante and Boateng are there to defend. But Pep thinks, its better to have a shorter way to the opponents goal, so we play this risky. But dont forget, if you let your wingers stay at the sides, there is basically a 5 vs. 3 situation in midfield favouring Bayern, so it becomes incredibly hard for your midfield to get passes out to your wingers. Your counters must be played very quick and straight forward., then you have a good chance to score. Bayern has not fully realized Peps system yet, and that is the weak point at the moment.

Manager

That is Bayerns weak point. If the ball gets behind the last line of midfielders, only Dante and Boateng are there to defend. But Pep thinks, its better to have a shorter way to the opponents goal, so we play this risky. But dont forget, if you let your wingers stay at the sides, there is basically a 5 vs. 3 situation in midfield favouring Bayern, so it becomes incredibly hard for your midfield to get passes out to your wingers. Your counters must be played very quick and straight forward., then you have a good chance to score. Bayern has not fully realized Peps system yet, and that is the weak point at the moment.

And that will be the big difference for City compared to previous years. Pellegrini has coached very hard and trained the team to pass quickly in smaller areas. Obviously it isnt perfect yet... but Yaya, Fernan and Kompany are all very capable of quick crossing or passing for counters.

Mancini always wanted everything to go very slowly, build up play, and as soon as the other team pressed hard the players never knew what to do. And obviously most CL teams are good at pressing, and City had players like Barry and Lescott who arent very good in smaller areas.

gonna start in a new job next week.

goods news: more €€€

bad news: only Sundays off, work till 21:00 weekdays/Sat, gonna miss all CL matches

Wilbur

Banned
Just read the guardian report on Qatar now. Can't believe the World Cup is still going on there. Genuinely awful decision.

Blablurn

2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

Jack cw

And that will be the big difference for City compared to previous years. Pellegrini has coached very hard and trained the team to pass quickly in smaller areas. Obviously it isnt perfect yet... but Yaya, Fernan and Kompany are all very capable of quick crossing or passing for counters.

Mancini always wanted everything to go very slowly, build up play, and as soon as the other team pressed hard the players never knew what to do. And obviously most CL teams are good at pressing, and City had players like Barry and Lescott who arent very good in smaller areas.
I'm pretty exited too! City will be the hardest opponent we've had this season.

Wonder which number Lewandowski gets. Probably 18.

Stan Collymore was upset that ASDA and Tesco were selling mental patient costumes for halloween? Hopefully they don't start selling a woman beater costume.

What field is that?

You're working six days a week till 21:00? How late do you start and what the hell are you gonna do? :p

Is this an evening job? That appears to be a very large amount of hours to work if you're starting in the morning.

it's sales and it's from 14:00 to 21:00.

i'm a team leader now, have 5 folks working for me doing D2D sales so i can work from home since my job is essentially provide them back-up by phone and insert the contracts on the company's system.

now, they're happy with me and my team's performance, so my boss offered me my own sales kiosk to manage, which is far more lucrative than having a bunch of kids knocking on people's doors. the catch is that i have to be there.

it's more money coming in and, if i do well, i can get more kiosks to manage, then a store, then a bunch of stores and maybe managing the whole district one day.

it's worth a shot.

Meier

Who's playing there?

No one these days as it was torn down soon after City of Manchester Stadium (The Etihad) was built. That was Maine Road where Man City played for 80+ years.. lots of famous oasis gigs there too!

There+and+Then+scan.jpg

Haven't watched this DVD in fucking forever. My wife has the VHS tape of it too, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom