• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

TimeSplitters 2 > FP

I miss that franchise :(

Timesplitters Rewind (fan remake) is on Steam Greenlight and rumours are it might be heading to PS4, as there are developing for it. THey need Crytek's permission to do this though.

Crytek just sat on the IP after they brought free radical are would rather churn out dross like Crysis 3 and make Homefront 2. Fuck em.

I wouldn;t want Crytek to make it tbh, I'd rather they outsourced it with a hands-off approach

But Crytek UK is Free Radical. Not sure why they would want them rebranded to be crytek related, what a shit company.

Timesplitters was kind of shit too though, well I liked the concept but it just felt meh playing it, and Haze? Oh boy.

Suen

I used to follow the Italian league but I still couldn't bring myself to choose and support a club.

I like some clubs in Italy. I like some clubs in Spain. I like some clubs in Germany. But I couldn't give a shit if they win or lose. And I never will.

Personally I find I have zero emotional attachment to every team except Arsenal.
Are you sure it's Arsenal you have an emotional attachment to? Are you sure it's not Wenger? Think about it for a moment, lots of Arse fans like to say they have a passionate attachment to the club but I think the line between the club itself and Wenger has become very blurry these years so most of them really mean they have an attachment to Wenger, not the club. Be careful bro.

Crytek UK was Free Radical

I feel that the head office side would interfere though and have them turn it into a graphical showcase with bloom, red jelly, regenerating health, instant melee, sprint limits, loadouts, player-chosen perks etc

And how many of the old important Free Radical people are still there? Even Haze had lost all of the magic, christ knows how they're looking now

Suen

Atletico, the bitches, want to fuck around with us by using Costa? We would have used Pepe and Ramos as neutralizing elements but they behave too well in comparison to him. We need masters of the masters of cunts: John Terry and Suarez.

I feel that the head office side would interfere though and have them turn it into a graphical showcase with bloom, red jelly, regenerating health, instant melee, sprint limits, loadouts, player-chosen perks etc

And how many of the old important Free Radical people are still there? Even Haze had lost all of the magic, christ knows how they're looking now

David Doak isn't there now, although after Haze that's probably a good thing.

LTWheels

In all honestly, Bale was pathetic last night. It's not that he played badly, but he's way too timid. He needs to get more involved and demand the ball, not just standing on the far right touch line. He needs to act like he's the big dog like he was at Spurs. If he doesn't do this, he won't succeed at Madrid.

LTWheels

There is a good article on the Guardian about De Gea's problems adapting to England during his first season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/28/david-de-gea-manchester-united

Steele, an almost paternal figure for De Gea, openly admits the goalkeeper has had considerable issues at Old Trafford. "His first six months were horrendous," he says. "One issue with him was that he was just 71 kilos. We worked with him on and off the field to make him more powerful. We changed his lifestyle. He would finish training and want to go home. When I told him to come back in the afternoon he'd ask: 'Why?'

Tc91

There is a good article on the Guardian about De Gea's problems adapting to England during his first season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/28/david-de-gea-manchester-united

Steele goes to explain why he started taking Spanish lessons rather than relying on De Gea to improve his English. "We needed to be able to communicate with each other straight away, even if it was just the basic terms. David is lazy in his desire to learn English. So I learned. I kept telling him to work on his English."

De Gea has subsequently been linked with a return to Spain amid rumours of homesickness. "I heard the speculation," Steele tells the latest edition of United We Stand fanzine, published before the 2-1 defeat against West Brom. "I told him not to get sidetracked, that if he did well at United then he'd have a great career. I said: 'Who would you go back to? One of the big two. Would you want to go to Real, rivals of Atlético?' No. It would have to be Barcelona, but he sees that United has been good for him. He captained Spain Under-21s in the summer off the back of his United form. He's going to be with the seniors now in a country with the best goalkeepers in the world."

To the question ofwhether De Gea is more settled now, Steele replies: "Yes, but there are still issues. He's living in a huge house with his mum and dad. He's got a beautiful girlfriend who lives in Barcelona. We pushed him to move on his own. Living with your parents helps and hinders."

Enjoy Barca you cunts. :(

Timurid

Inter drew with Cagliari

Inter dropping easy points. Hopefully Napoli qualifies for the UCL knockout rounds too. So they can drop easy points too.

Salvadora

Enjoy Barca you cunts. :(
It might not have been an issue if not for Barcelona's desperate need for a goalkeeper.

I'm honestly surprised no one associated with that club have made any public statements regarding De Gea. When they do you'll know what you're in for.

LTWheels

Liverpool Ladies win the league.

They had some dire finished over the last few season IIRC, what a turnaround.

They are the Man City if the woman's league. Bringing them under the men's club has bought them an FSG cash injection. Those international signings and going from part time to full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom