• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Where was that from?

Biography from a former player at Brondby. Few chapters dedicated to Rene.

Meulensteen knew a South African player at Manchester United [Quinton Fortune], who recommended Rector.

I remember the Danish media had some trouble figuring out what club he played for. The answer is none.

He was running around the street in South America, so it was rather difficult for Rene to get in contact with him.

Rector showed up for a trial at Brondby. A sweet, chubby guy, who had a pleasant personality and that day, God knows how, he'd score on every chance. He couldn't set a foot wrong. 30 yarders and overhead kicks. I've never seen anything like it during my time at Brondby. He made a great first impression and really sold himself at the trial. As soon as he had signed the contract he lost the ability to hit the ball and he never got in form to play for the first team.

Arnie

Think Shankly was annoyed he wasn't given money to sign Denis Law?

Aye, although he kind of accepted that Huddersfield weren't going to sell, and Tom Williams wanted Shankly to develop young talents at Liverpool instead. Really interesting to hear that one of the reasons Liverpool got Shankly was because of his ability to coach and grow youth players.

Think Shankly really wanted Jack Charlton most of all, though. Drove down to Leeds, stormed into the boardroom and told the directors that he was here to buy Jack Charlton. They said he could have him for 20 grand, Liverpool would only give Shanks 18. He couldn't get him. Was furious at the lack of ambition.

Again, what does that remind you of?

Arnie

how many hours until the show?

One hour, 45 minutes.

tumblr_ms8t0ej1Ae1snbxmfo1_250.gif

1383543_10151904801044049_484299900_n.jpg

I love our team this year. Just look at the face of our president riding on the bus with the rest of the team back to Lisbon, he is so happy to be there.
We are doing well and there´s so much joy surrounding the team, it´s been a marvelous start of a season.

Arnie

Halo is dead.

35 people in a playlist. What happened to it?

Terrible mefs who don't understand why Halo multiplayer was successful. Built a game that tried to be something it's not. Diluted the overall product far too much. Made some woeful hires, too.

Would love to sit down and have an hour long chat with their design team. Reckon a few of them would be fairly stuck for words.

Shake could join me.

L1NETT

Halo is dead.

35 people in a playlist. What happened to it?

Halo 4 was hot poop. Unbalanced, broken, boring mess of a MP and an even more snooze inducing and jumbled story.

If it was as good as it used to be I would have certainly stuck with the Xbone for next gen, but now no chance.

1383543_10151904801044049_484299900_n.jpg

I love our team this year. Just look at the face of our president riding on the bus with the rest of the team back to Lisbon, he is so happy to be there.
We are doing well and there´s so much joy surrounding the team, it´s been a marvelous start of a season.

I knew that feel, bro :(

Win the league pls. Porto and Benfica can do one

Wilbur

Banned
GTA music talk. There's some fucking great tunes, even the ones that aren't on the pop station (although With Every Heartbeat is the best song in the game)

You got the rock station which has Small Faces, Elton John, and a really good Julian Lennon song. Plus the Trevor mission where
hes returning Patricia to her home, it switched to him and If You Leave Me Now was on and it was incredible

FlyLo FM is brilliant, some proper good ambient tunes. The country station has a few really good Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and whoever sings that 'it won't be long and I'll be hating you'

Then the Lowdown HNNGGGG that ones great. California Soul, some Smokey Robinson, El Chicano, Undisputed Truth. And then one of the stations has an amazing Black Strobe song, can't remember the station but it's that boogie in zero gravity one

And then West Coast Classics is great, and Radio Los Santos has some ASAP Rocky and Kendrick

I LOVE IT

GTA music talk. There's some fucking great tunes, even the ones that aren't on the pop station (although With Every Heartbeat is the best song in the game)

You got the rock station which has Small Faces, Elton John, and a really good Julian Lennon song. Plus the Trevor mission where
hes returning Patricia to her home, it switched to him and If You Leave Me Now was on and it was incredible

FlyLo FM is brilliant, some proper good ambient tunes. The country station has a few really good Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and whoever sings that 'it won't be long and I'll be hating you'

Then the Lowdown HNNGGGG that ones great. California Soul, some Smokey Robinson, El Chicano, Undisputed Truth. And then one of the stations has an amazing Black Strobe song, can't remember the station but it's that boogie in zero gravity one

And then West Coast Classics is great, and Radio Los Santos has some ASAP Rocky and Kendrick

I LOVE IT

The punk station is the worst collection of songs I've ever heard. And that Modjo song is shite, Wooden is rite

Arnie

Halo 4 was hot poop. Unbalanced, broken, boring mess of a MP and an even more snooze inducing and jumbled story.

If it was as good as it used to be I would have certainly stuck with the Xbone for next gen, but now no chance.

Same.

And it's a shame because if you offered me a game as deep and balanced as Halo 2 and 3 (after updates) in 60fps I'd predict it to be my favourite multiplayer game of the entire generation. As it is I'm also equally confident that 343 aren't up to delivering such a product, and thus I couldn't give a fuck what framerate it runs at.

There'll be loadouts, sprinting, random weapon spawns, instant respawn, an awful experienced based ranking system, and a plethora of other CODisms.

Tc91

Terrible mefs who don't understand why Halo multiplayer was successful. Built a game that tried to be something it's not. Diluted the overall product far too much. Made some woeful hires, too.

Would love to sit down and have an hour long chat with their design team. Reckon a few of them would be fairly stuck for words.

Shake could join me.

Such a shame :(

Just tried playing it and whenever I actually got a game after waiting god knows how long someone would always quit out and it would be 3v4.

Maybe I should just continue with Red Dead.

pulga

Banned
Halo 1. Four Xboxes. 4 SDTVs. 16 player LAN.

Popping a fool with the pistol from long range.

Aahhh those were the days

Elchele

Halo has always been shit, guys. Most overrated game of the whole history. What a boring piece of shit

What's the best Android Web browser? Have been using Chrome but it seems fairly sore on battery life.

I use the one that comes with the OS. It's fast and doesn't kill the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom