• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

again

overall probably the better team we just cannot defend

OK, unlucky for the first goal. Poor defending but still... it's gone in off his elbow. However, it's 4 yards out - Westwood, where are you?

Second goal is inexcusable for a premier league footballer. Carlos Cuellar is a FUCKING MUPPET. Absolutely embarrassing defending - lets him walk into the box and then gives him an unbelievable amount of space. UNBELIEVABLE.

We've hit the bar (twice, I suppose :p) and come up against the Mig.

Honestly if we applied the same desire defensively we will be absolutely fine this season. We need a manager who can find the balance. Larsson needs to do more, he's been poor. Giak has been good, Jozy is cutting a VERY frustrated figure...

Sad thing is this could end up 4 or 5 nil and it's not like we've been disastrous. Totally the opposite bar CUELLAR FBG*INGNEGINMGF)KAF)M)OM(O and a slice of misfortune.

However time is running out. We cannot keep blaming misfortune. We are controlling large parts of this game, and as good as Liverpool's attacking threat is they look distinctly average elsewhere so it's going to be a fucking poor result, this.

1384271_271050483019900_455360036_n.jpg

Not racist

Do players check with the referees before kickoff to make sure they're allowed the undershirt messages?

Glen Johnson ‏@glen_johnson
Got to be happy with 2 nil at half time. First goal maybe handball but even still it would only even out the beach ball incident #3PointsPlz

I love him, as ridiculous as that logic is :D

I feel like Gerrard and Lucas are too far away from the strikers and Moses can't bridge the gap. Would rather see Hendo in Moses position. I think that's why after defending an attack we lose the ball straight away when booted up field.

The way you can tell that's clearly true, is the number of times every game when they show a replay of an incident that leads to us getting a goal kick, and when they cut back to the action, they're running at our defense again

sohois

Bizarre how what is Liverpool's shakiest, most error strewn game thus far is the one in which they have the decisive lead.

Not gonna complain though, hopefully this will give a chance for a run out for the likes of Ilori and Ibe.

bjaelke

I feel like Gerrard and Lucas are too far away from the strikers and Moses can't bridge the gap. Would rather see Hendo in Moses position. I think that's why after defending an attack we lose the ball straight away when booted up field.

Not ideal, but Coutinho often drops down to collect the ball when he's on the pitch. That seems to do the trick. Gerrard did something similar when he was played more offensively.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Bizarre how what is Liverpool's shakiest, most error strewn game thus far is the one in which they have the decisive lead.

Not gonna complain though, hopefully this will give a chance for a run out for the likes of Ilori and Ibe.
We have been poor in almost every game this season. We have picked up results though.

LTWheels

I find it strange how Alberto is not on the bench. I honestly want to see the start of Gerrard and Lucas being phased out of starting positions; or as the partnership.

PowderedToast

I find it strange how Alberto is not on the bench. I honestly want to see the start of Gerrard and Lucas being phased out of starting positions; or as the partnership.

same, no reason for the likes of ibe (as much as i like him) getting bench space over alberto

but lucas was subbed off against united which means that rodgers is starting to recognise his dips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom