• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take it

End the season pls

Sunderland hard done by with the first goal, Mignolet has to be doing better with the one we conceded. Sterling put in a very mature performance from the bench

Batigol

Banned
A5a2AhR.png

I'd be happy if it finished like that

LTWheels

Surprised at the attitudes towards Lucas. He may need a rest, but he's still a vital cog in our team.

The winning percentage for Liverpool when Lucas starts is pretty incredible. He's very underappreciated.

It's not personally against Lucas. It having him and Gerrard as our two midfielders. I don't think it works with Moses in front of them. In our formation we need at least one quick central midfielder. Since Swansea our pressing game has completely disappeared. We are no longer winning the ball back high up the pitch. Instead we invite on too much pressure.

Feorax

Surprised at the attitudes towards Lucas. He may need a rest, but he's still a vital cog in our team.

I agree, but right now, he can't play 90 mins with Gerrard without second half implosions it seems.

I'd actually be happy to play him ahead of Gerrard for the second half of the season if we could get him to peak for the run in.

Hixx

We cannot play like we do with a center half pairing of O'Shea and Cuellar. They are too slow and thus we concede from a counter yet again.

12 goals in 4 games is pathetic and we need to shake it up.

Fry

Lucas is Lucas again.

Back to being Brazil's best.

--

Next game is against Palace at home? Start the game with Django on the bench.

sohois

I thought Henderson looked quite good at WB, yeah he's not really someone who'll beat his man but his crossing is so strong it doesn't really matter.

I wonder if Allen will be back for Palace, he would be the natural Lucas replacement. I suppose Rodgers might also be tempted to play Toure there, since it was rumoured he was the de facto Lucas backup

Mastadon

Banned
Yeah I'd take Gerrard out ahead of Lucas at the moment. Don't think Gerrard played well at all today, and he makes our midfield look so flat.

Good win though. Sunderland were good, they'll do well without PDC.

ShogunX

I'll take it

End the season pls

Sunderland hard done by with the first goal, Mignolet has to be doing better with the one we conceded. Sterling put in a very mature performance from the bench

Midfield have to take the flack for the first goal for allowing Ki all the time in the world to shoot through Skrtel's legs. Mig should of pushed it wide but he was unsighted due to Skrtel trying to tackle the shot (wtf).

Splatt

We cannot play like we do with a center half pairing of O'Shea and Cuellar. They are too slow and thus we concede from a counter yet again.

12 goals in 4 games is pathetic and we need to shake it up.

I thought Sunderland looked threating but your back four are terrible.

Winter can't come soon enough for the black cats...

Clegg

Signed up for a few history modules this semester. First thing my lecturer did was recommend the class listen to the hardcore history podcasts. Even if you've no interest in history you should give them a listen. They've really interesting.

Hixx

I thought Sunderland looked threating but your back four are terrible.

Winter can't come soon enough for the black cats...

They really are. Gardner should never be playing right back and we really should only ever play with one of O'Shea and Cuellar, never both. Diakite is a fucking loose cannon but he would have coped with Suarez and particularly Sturridge much better.

Yeah Sunderland looked good. Can't wait for Glen to be back and Kelly to be fully fit.

Sunderland have United at home next. Sunderland pls

Mastadon

Banned
Signed up for a few history modules this semester. First thing my lecturer did was recommend the class listen to the hardcore history podcasts. Even if you've no interest in history you should give them a listen. They've really interesting.

Yeah they're great. Dan Carlin has a wonderful voice.

sohois

Midfield have to take the flack for the first goal for allowing Ki all the time in the world to shoot through Skrtel's legs. Mig should of pushed it wide but he was unsighted due to Skrtel trying to tackle the shot (wtf).

Skrtel was unfortunate, he could clearly see Ki shaping up to shoot and was himself shaping to block it, but the shot was perfectly through his legs, causing him to flail at it and fall over. Had he not fallen, he could probably have got to the rebound before Giak.

Splatt

Better than Nastasic and Kompany?

He's better than Nastasic, for sure. More experienced and stronger in duel.

That's not to say that Nastasic won't be better than Toure in a year or two. His best years are yet to come, while Toure is in his twilight years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom