• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

L1NETT

I think it's the praise of Ghosts for the same reasons Killzone's getting shot down that seems to be annoying a lot of people.

They have literally the same metacritic. So both have them have been slagged off for being boring slog fests of FPS'. Bring back fucking timesplitters man. Or even Bulletstorm 2, that shit was better than most the FPS wank which gets shoved out.

People just like to focus on one site (polygon in this case) and forget that perhaps some negative aspects of the both games have been mentioned across MOST reviews. It's not like Gies is a lone voice in saying KZ is tired and dull.

He is just the talksport of reviewers. And guess what, gaming side are doing exactly what he wants.

Arnie

Shadowfall getting middling reviews isn't a surprise to anyone with a brain.

Read the Eurogamer review and did a little chuckle. Looks great, serviceable shooter, nothing particularly exciting from a gameplay perspective. Also interesting to see that the 'wide open gameplay' was a red herring.

Look forward to playing it for the visuals, though. That and free Resogun with PS+ will be a nice way to jump into 1080p gaming.

Showaddy

They have literally the same metacritic. So both have them have been slagged off for being boring slog fests of FPS'. Bring back fucking timesplitters man. Or even Bulletstorm 2, that shit was better than most the FPS wank which gets shoved out.

People just like to focus on one site (polygon in this case) and forget that perhaps some negative aspects of the both games have been mentioned across MOST reviews. It's not like Gies is a lone voice in saying KZ is tired and dull.

He is just the talksport of reviewers. And guess what, gaming side are doing exactly what he wants.

True. If scores weren't attached I don't think his review would stick out that much.

Edit: Actually it probably would, the man sounds like an absolute bellend trying to piss some people off on purpose.

Salvadora

It feels as if anything remotely negative about the PS4 on the gaming side gets immediately shot down.
The threads get spammed with "cancelling my preorder" or shit like that.

So many people emotionally involved with a console that hasn't even released yet.

3Sixty

Townsend is pretty average and will fade away from England and Spurs soon enough. QPR will sign him in 3 years.

Also, the Ox is coming home.

Carbonox

LH9Wksr.jpg

happy birthday to me you nonces

Clegg

When I heard he was doing Shadow Fall I knew shit was going down. He's pretty open about hating the franchise in the past.

Tbf Killzone is a pretty mediocre franchise to begin with. Gies would lay into it even harder because it's not a great game to begin with. But it's clear that he already had his mind made up about the PS4 before he ever got his hands on one.

L1NETT

Edit: Actually it probably would, the man sounds like an absolute bellend trying to piss some people off on purpose.

Oh he is. But the best thing to do with twats like that is ignore them. Not make half of gaming side give him traffic but endlessly discussing the article.

Last point on this one, just look at any pre review thread for KZ SF and look at the utter guff which is being written.

If those fools think that KZ SF is some kind of second coming for FPS and the true next gen game, then Destiny and Titanfall might blow their brains out.

---

Can't find the happy birthday cake cunt Thick of IT gif,

So happy birthday Carbo (cunt)

LTWheels

Yeah, the gaming side is acting like someone shot Bambi with any negative comment towards the ps4.

It makes me think that a lot of people have never experienced the launch of a new generation before, or are too young to remember.

It feels as if anything remotely negative about the PS4 on the gaming side gets immediately shot down.

Agreed it's ridiculous, the war is going strong over there atm. But man, the polygon stream deserves to get shit for their negativity, not just for PS4 (which however was also over the top) but they really seemed like they were having a horrible time and hated their life.

"WE'RE GOING TO BE HERE FOR THE NEXT 5 HOURS! "

"Oh jesus...." *hand to face*

Just don't do it Polygon, if you relaly hate your job, please just don't stream.

But at least they delivered some pure golden quotes

"If you're like, a 1080p person and care about minimal differences no one can really notice, get the PS4 version."

"[PC] is a technologically superior platform, and an open platform... but I just don't prefer my games that way"

Got Forza Horizon recently after long bouts of lamenting that it wouldn't be as good as TDU, but my goodness is it a tight game. A little too flashy maybe but extremely fun and cheery. Also picked up Alpha Protocol after hearing that it was a rough diamond on Gaming-side. It is awful so far but the dialogue trees and mini-games are interesting enough.

Showaddy

Tbf Killzone is a pretty mediocre franchise to begin with. Gies would lay into it even harder because it's not a great game to begin with. But it's clear that he already had his mind made up about the PS4 before he ever got his hands on one.

I'm not going to pretend I was expecting a masterpiece with Shadow Fall, I played Killzone 3 so I knew what to expect with Shadow Fall, I was in for the pretty graphics and the cool looking world really. But yeah giving the game review to someone who's already aired their dislike for it just seems, I dunno unprofessional?

3Sixty

Someone bumped a thread on a Saints forum in a loss from League 1.

Lots of great quotes, my favorite.

Jaidi, Schneiderlin and Lambert are a big disappointment for me this season. Time to let them go in January.

Showaddy

Oh he is. But the best thing to do with twats like that is ignore them. Not make half of gaming side give him traffic but endlessly discussing the article.

Last point on this one, just look at any pre review thread for KZ SF and look at the utter guff which is being written.

If those fools think that KZ SF is some kind of second coming for FPS and the true next gen game, then Destiny and Titanfall might blow their brains out.

It'll be interesting to see how Titanfall get's reviewed seeing as there's no Single-Player. Quite a few reviewers admitted they only got a couple of hours of playtime with Shadow Falls Multi-Player before dropping the score.

kharma45

It'll be interesting to see how Titanfall get's reviewed seeing as there's no Single-Player. Quite a few reviewers admitted they only got a couple of hours of playtime with Shadow Falls Multi-Player before dropping the score.

Titanfall looks like it should be fairly solid, expecting a lot of scores around the 8 mark for it.

wedward

Toral has apparently put in some good performances since his return from injury and we all know how good Zelalem looks to be. They both seem to be the next big thing in regard to our midfield youth players, with the later making the recent step up.

Walcott's signature was paramount at the time, but closer to 2015 we may feel differently about his contract situation. It will be interesting to see whether Sagna has any intentions of staying on.

Toral looks to be a real talent. Bellerin as well. Zelalem looks beyond his age.

The RB situation will be very interesting. If Sagna stays for a year I can see him and Jenkinson rotating next season. If he leaves we are in a bit of a pickle. Jenkinson is not ready, and because of the situation we are currently in(TOP OF THE TABLE), he won't be getting many minutes.

Suen

I was so excited a moment ago about coming fixtures, thinking they were this weekend. I opened my app, then the football schedule........and my life disappeared in an instant.

K1LLER7

This is way more entertaining than if he actually played PS4. Him desperately calling into Sony support 10 min ago, his friend suggesting to blow away dust in the HDMI port, his irritation at Dylan not doing what he's supposed to do, everyone in the chat getting excited and telling him to put his dick in it.... Greatness is here.

He doesn't want to eat now loool

the other guy doesn't give a fuck about the PS4. All 'bout dem 800 viewers dude.

Elchele

The comedown is always more entertaining.

The uproar over the wobble is also one of the best things I have ever read. It must get tiring constantly being upset.

The best part is most of them were more worried about wobbling than the consoles getting bricked :lol

Zabojnik

Goddamn n00bz crashing the game by bringing down the skyscraper in BF4, throwing me off my game. Fuck Dice and EA for not having fixed it yet.

GorillaJu

Gies clearly has a vendetta, but he'd be much better off if he just let Sony hang themselves instead of being such a relentless spenk about it all. He's making people pro-PS4 with his retarded little war that he's insistent on fighting.

Scum

I really, really want to as well but a gaming laptops my only option at the moment. Just going end up spending waaay to much on some overpriced Dell laptop...

I'll definitely end up sending a crapload, no doubt. I'll need kharma's help again. He's already made about 3 lists for me. :lol

It's pretty much the same. It does seem to look a little better on PS4 cause PC didn't get the new engine and on PS4 you can have up to 5 people jump up for a header instead of 2. There is also ball boys who throw the ball to the throw in takers and shit to speed up the game.

and yeah Pro Clubs is available day one! The long wait till the 29th :(

Hey man, it's out here 13th of December. That's two extra weeks of agony. You got the better end!

what's the pt of having Uruguay play Jordan and Mexico New Zealand.. it's pretty clear how that is going to go

The intercontinental playoffs get rotated around. Going by the 2010 WC matchups Mexico would have played Uruguay and Jordan would have played New Zealand. That would have been way better.

Top Bottom