• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Has Ronaldo ever been injured with Madrid?

I think he had some problems in his last season with United and missed the start of his first season with Madrid, but that's about it. Don't think he has ever missed that much time due to injury.
first season missed 2 months because of an injured ankle, but that's about it.

Meier

nani's disgraceful.

The announcer on ESPN was going nuts about a foul not being called. The stream is always shit unless you don't go to another tab so I couldn't see it perfectly but it looked like the defender's hand kind of brushed Nani's and that was it. :lol

Linius

Phil-Taylor-001.jpg

Gimme dem Balon d'Ors

BAAAARNEY

wedward

Has Ronaldo ever been injured with Madrid?

I think he had some problems in his last season with United and missed the start of his first season with Madrid, but that's about it. Don't think he has ever missed that much time due to injury.

I was trying to remember and I honestly don't think he has. Couple that with the amount of games he plays and goals he scores and its really an incredible career.

Bumhead

Banned
Fucking hell just seen Tango in the crowd. Bet the Wembley prawn munchers don't know what to make of him.. he's off his fucking head.

ATF487

Am I the only one watching Ukraine/France? Legitimately thought it would be the best game

Also wanted to see Yarmolenko after the transfer rumors to Liverpool and to see what Pogba has been up to (a lot from the looks of things)

Hahahaha

Surely Milner is the riddler such is the utter confusion surrounding his career in football

Jay Spearing is clayface

If you could change your face, why would you choose to look like Spearing :p

Milner is Aquaman on second thought. Boring non-entity who drags back the rest of the stable, but a small section have deluded themselves into thinking that he's something more than an unremarkable pile of square-jawed shite. When challenged, that small group of Milnerites can't actually articulate a single reason for him existing.

Lallana seems decent but wide right isn't his best position. Behind the strike or inside forward really. Unfortunately England aren't sophisticated enough to use inside forwards.

Miguel Veloso never realised his FM potential.

Right, but this doesn't really change the argument. Consistency is the most important thing in professional sports, and Ronaldo is perhaps the most consistent athlete in the world.

I don't know how that relates to me explaining the reason for him being about two years behind, but fair point.

Wilbur

Banned
Lallana seems decent but wide right isn't his best position. Behind the strike or inside forward really. Unfortunately England aren't sophisticated enough to use inside forwards.

Should be in the middle instead of Milner or Lampard really. Shame he'll be judged on this and back out the squad.

Clegg

first season missed 2 months because of an injured ankle, but that's about it.

I was trying to remember and I honestly don't think he has. Couple that with the amount of games he plays and goals he scores and its really an incredible career.
His breakthrough season was in 06/07 when he notched up 20 goals and 20 assists. Since then I'm pretty sure he's averaged about 40/50 goals per season. And no real major injuries in that time either.

Am I the only one watching Ukraine/France? Legitimately thought it would be the best game

Also wanted to see Yarmolenko after the transfer rumors to Liverpool and to see what Pogba has been up to (a lot from the looks of things)

I am. Unfortunately it looks like Ukraine is more than pleased to play for the 0-0 draw. A goal would really make this game a lot better.

Manager

Nah, Rodriguez staying out wide left, Lampard the deepest of him, Wilshere and Milner.

Ah thanks. Nice to see, Pellegrini has started playing him as CM lately too. Never seen the point of having him as a winger, since he's not fast, good at dribbling or crossing...

Wilbur

Banned
I quite like Johnson really. Probably not for his defending. He's better than Walker.

Clyne should be there though.

just ordered a pizza (pepperoni, olives, champignons) and tartufo (I don't know what that is, let's see).

The fuck is champignons even :lol

Beef and red onion cant go wrong

Top Bottom