• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Walshy

Bit harsh to blame the stadium for the fans :p

The Poland game showed that its a fine stadium for atmosphere, but its up to the fans to provide it
See I dont think it's the fans at all. There is no excuse for the amount of corporate facilities in the ground, the lack of terracing, the gap between two sets of fans, the huge prices etc.

It's a good designed stadium just a poor designed football stadium.

Meier

Bale is already 2 years off the pace of Ronaldo. At 21 Ronaldo had 23 goals. Bale got 26 at 24. At 22 Ronaldo had 42. Bale had 12 at 22. I also think moving to Madrid will hinder Bale's development in the long term.

Bale only turned 24 in July, so he was 23 in his "26 year." But again, it's far easier to score when you have legitimate word class players supporting you and also being a concern for defenses.

I am not sure if it will hinder his development or not. I think by default he'll still score at least 25 goals a year since La Liga is such a joke and he's going to get a few in the Copa and the Champions League.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The HGH bullshit is getting boring, with UEFA anti-doping policies he would've gotten busted already if he was still using HGH.

Bale is already 2 years off the pace of Ronaldo. At 21 Ronaldo had 23 goals. Bale got 26 at 24. At 22 Ronaldo had 42. Bale had 12 at 22. I also think moving to Madrid will hinder Bale's development in the long term.

This is such a stupid discussion, but I will enter to say that Bale wasn't playing every week with Tottenham until 2010 because of injuries and his form after he returned. He did his knee and his ankle during that time. So two years behind is probably about right.

wedward

This is such a stupid discussion, but I will enter to say that Bale wasn't playing every week with Tottenham until 2010 because of injuries and his form after he returned. He did his knee and his ankle during that time. So two years behind is probably about right.

Right, but this doesn't really change the argument. Consistency is the most important thing in professional sports, and Ronaldo is perhaps the most consistent athlete in the world.

Wilbur

Banned
Southampton lads haven't started too well. Which is a shame, because I'd rather have Lallana infield than old man frank and oxygen starved JM7

Sure I do. No one who is playing at a pro level stops developing at a very young age. When Messi was 18-19 and starting to shine, it was obvious to see that he was better than contemporaries who were older and scoring a comparable number of goals. If a player is notably younger and performing at a similar level, they're better than the older guy who has leveled out. Plain and simple.
Ridiculous argument. Someone has gotten too used to looking at the potential ability stat in Foottball Manager.

Manager

Was it Seb?

If it's Seb, Ibra should be licking his hoop and asking how he takes such freekick

wow

Kim Källström, he's left footed so it suited him better.

I just talked to my father, he screamed at Seb for being a diving asshole. No one likes him, not even in Sweden.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Must be why he had so many injuries this year. The end for Messi is nigh.
Yep thanks to him forcing against PSG and the genius Tito playing him injured against powerful teams like Bilbao when the league was decided.

Phil-Taylor-001.jpg

Gimme dem Balon d'Ors

Clegg

Has Ronaldo ever been injured with Madrid?

I think he had some problems in his last season with United and missed the start of his first season with Madrid, but that's about it. Don't think he has ever missed that much time due to injury.

Top Bottom