• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Messi

Off to smash Don Jon and Scar Jo later tonight and I'm extremely excited.

M_Id_419324_Scarlett_Johansson.jpg

The things I would do...

She is stunning, up there with olivia and Elizabeth Olsen.

Zabojnik

I'll never understand why some people willingly choose to stick either to PC or console gaming and shit on the other. But I'm pretty sure money has nothing to do with it in 95% of cases.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll never understand why some people willingly choose to stick either to PC or console gaming and shit on the other. But I'm pretty sure money has nothing to do with it in 95% of cases.
People like to take sides I guess

Fuck merda

and Apple

kharma45

I still can't believe to this day how Tana Umaga got away with a worse tackle on O'Driscoll on the NZ Lion's Tour. Criminal how the NZ RFU did not even penalise him afterwards.

It was a fucking joke that.

Yes and i just broke one of those 4 pins that tightens it to the heatsink.... Or maybe it was already broken and that was the problem, cause didn't notice it break or anything...

Also got no paste.

Fuck

Strange to have the bracket break itself once fitted. The fan dying I could understand as bearings can wear out but the bracket.. bizarre.

Just throw away the Intel cooler and order a Hyper 212. Quieter, cooler and you can overclock with it.

noal

Banned
FM update:

I lost to Arsenal again in the league cup and FA cup. But, I beat them in the CL semi final and beat Napoli in the final. I also won the league beating Arsenal by goal difference.

Arsenal have a great team but they are all over 29 years old so maybe start dropping off soon I hope.

By the way, United have to pay back £ 4.7M a month until 2035! Fucking Glazers. The game started in 2009! I'm totally skint but managed to get an amazing American striker who is only 21 years old and has scored 19 in 19 and an average rating of 8.13.

Good times ahead.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^FM sounds like fun

Soooo Barzagli and Chiellini are injured + Bonucci and Ogbonna are suspended

What now? Isla-Caceres-Peluso?

Strange to have the bracket break itself once fitted. The fan dying I could understand as bearings can wear out but the bracket.. bizarre.

Just throw away the Intel cooler and order a Hyper 212. Quieter, cooler and you can overclock with it.

Yeah not sure if I broke it myself or what, but it went off fine just like the rest. Anyway will order that cooler now, but got a temporary fix for until it arrives, it was something in the lock unlock function that refused to now unlock, so cut off a bit of the plastic on the backside so it could still fit through

It runs fine right now with 60c temps... which are still high, but about what i got before too lol

Bumhead

Banned
International break sucks.

However, all is not lost, because there's been some League One and Two games today. Which means it's always worth a look at the current relegation battle in League One..

Sheffield United 1-2 Gillingham

20.) Stevenage - 14
-------------------------
21.) Tranmere Rovers - 14
22.) Crewe Alexandra - 13
23.) Sheffield United - 12
24.) Notts County - 10

funny.gif

L1NETT

However, all is not lost, because there's been some League One and Two games today. Which means it's always worth a look at the current relegation battle in League One..

Sheffield United 1-2 Gillingham

20.) Stevenage - 14
-------------------------
21.) Tranmere Rovers - 14
22.) Crewe Alexandra - 13
23.) Sheffield United - 12
24.) Notts County - 10

Lolololololo such a shithouse of a club. Beaten by fucking Peter Taylor.

So good

Have fuuun playing mansfield
Have fun playing Mansfield
Have fuuuuuuun playing Mansfield!

Portugeezer

It seems a worryingly high amount so early on.

I'm guessing Amazon shipped 100k+? Those reviews are a tiny amount in the grand scheme of things and you don't have to buy from Amazon to make a review on it. Possible trolls on from both sides, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

If there are a lot of problems, I hope it's just a firmware issue and easily fixed.

Hixx

It seems a worryingly high amount so early on.

Not really.

When you consider that there were over a million pre-orders in the US, there hasn't really been a great uproar. And the internet LOVES to blow things out of proportion and we haven't seen that (yet) either. What bugs me is that it seems like the OS is causing the most issues :/

The troubleshooting thread is filled with people panicking over literally nothing as well.

OH MY GOD MY LIGHT IS WHITE WHAT IS HAPPENING

your console is working fine. pls.

Arnie

Yeah but see he was able to fix it. If there were an overheating problem with a console (see RROD) then off it needs to be sent and you're left with nothing for weeks.
Consoles never overheat.

RROD is an isolated, extreme example.

PC's have these sort of goofy issues all the time. There are thousands of things that can and do go wrong.

Consoles just work.

Regardless of how much 'paste' you have.

FootballFan

Consoles never overheat.

PC's have these sort of goofy issues all the time. There are thousands of things that can and do go wrong.

Consoles just work.

So true.

Quote if u agree

dc89

Consoles never overheat.

Consoles just work.

My bro's PC in three years of owning it.

- PSU issue. x2 (I think)
- RAM issue
- Motherboard replaced

Oh and that doesn't count the time that UPS threw it around so hard it bucked the chassis and loosed all the components inside - not a hardware fault but it had to go straight back to be sorted on their dime.

In 5 years of owning some sort of Mac.

- No issues

In 6 years of owning a PS3.

- Yellow light after 5.5 years of solid service

Hixx

Consoles never overheat.

Consoles just work.

Err, the PS4 had big overheating issues as well. Not as absurd as 360 but still WELL above the average for electronic stuff.

I think I went through like 4 PS2s as well because of shitty lasers.

I've had one PC fail on me and that was the motherboard dying. And my PCs get a lot more use than my consoles.

I had a PC die on me about 5 years ago on new years eve. At first I thought it was some fireworks dangerously close to my room, but nope, the PSU decided to kill itself. Other than that I have never had it happen either, while I have had 1 ps3, 2 ps2's die on me. Weirdly enough my 360 never died, probably because I played all my multiplats on ps3.

Anyway Kharma, that fan looks big as fuck, you think it can fit into here

I had a PC die on me about 5 years ago on new years eve. At first I thought it was some fireworks dangerously close to my room, but nope, the PSU decided to kill itself. Other than that I have never had it happen either, while I have had 1 ps3, 2 ps2's die on me. Weirdly enough my 360 never died, probably because I played all my multiplats on ps3.

I have one (Hyper 212) and yes.

Consoles never overheat.

Consoles just work.

Tim Dog, is that you?

dc89

Book readers amongst us.

Anyone heard good things of or even read Ancillary Justice. It's a new epic Sci-Fi fantasy thingy. Just saw someone mention it on Twitter and checked it out, seems pretty unique and the reviews i've seen have been pretty solid.

Book readers amongst us.

Anyone heard good things of or even read Ancillary Justice. It's a new epic Sci-Fi fantasy thingy. Just saw someone mention it on Twitter and checked it out, seems pretty unique and the reviews i've seen have been pretty solid.

My mate recommended this book to me. Haven't bought it yet because I have a lot of books to get through first, but he said it was very good for a sci-fi, and he's a big sci-fi fan

feel

It's installed sideways, it'll fit.

dc89

My mate recommended this book to me. Haven't bought it yet because I have a lot of books to get through first, but he said it was very good for a sci-fi, and he's a big sci-fi fan

Yeah reading some of the critical acclaim and it makes it sound brilliant. "Expect this to sweep the awards."

kharma45

I'm guessing Amazon shipped 100k+? Those reviews are a tiny amount in the grand scheme of things and you don't have to buy from Amazon to make a review on it. Possible trolls on from both sides, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

If there are a lot of problems, I hope it's just a firmware issue and easily fixed.

Not really.

When you consider that there were over a million pre-orders in the US, there hasn't really been a great uproar. And the internet LOVES to blow things out of proportion and we haven't seen that (yet) either. What bugs me is that it seems like the OS is causing the most issues :/

The troubleshooting thread is filled with people panicking over literally nothing as well.

OH MY GOD MY LIGHT IS WHITE WHAT IS HAPPENING

your console is working fine. pls.

I hope it is just overblown hysteria, I'd hate for another console generation to be marred by poor reliability.

My bro's PC in three years of owning it.

- PSU issue. x2 (I think)
- RAM issue
- Motherboard replaced

Oh and that doesn't count the time that UPS threw it around so hard it bucked the chassis and loosed all the components inside - not a hardware fault but it had to go straight back to be sorted on their dime.

In 5 years of owning some sort of Mac.

- No issues

In 6 years of owning a PS3.

- Yellow light after 5.5 years of solid service

I've had 5 PCs, only one has ever went wrong and that was a fan bearing on one of my GPU fans.

To have two PSU issues is unusual unless you're buying a poor PSU, same for RAM.

Pls, buy a quality PSU everyone.

Also, as long as your RAM is low profile it'll clear it

RAM-Clearance.jpg

576846_10151206238896051_1932642152_n.jpg

At worst you can make the fan pull instead of push.

Top Bottom