• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

bud

i give up. it just won't let me chat even though i verified my email.

he'll never know how much i love him. ;_;

Wilbur

Banned

Give me your starting tips for Pokemon

1. Ignore competitive people who tell you about EVs and IVs and this and that; single player is just a way for you to enjoy yourself.

2. Always pick Pokemon based on how you like their appearance. In single player even if theoretically you love the weakest pokemon, you can still make it kick anus, so don't worry about things like stats and whatnot

3. Try to have good type coverage, a few dual types, try not to have too many all waters or something

4. Run and roller skate everywhere because walking sucks dick

5. Try not to hate the fat boy

Hold on wait what is that thing with the robots and the ass

PS4 playroom, the system seller

ix3zhRRRqzOgu.gif

ibbQQWMPeEegE8.gif

1. Ignore competitive people who tell you about EVs and IVs and this and that; single player is just a way for you to enjoy yourself.

2. Always pick Pokemon based on how you like their appearance. In single player even if theoretically you love the weakest pokemon, you can still make it kick anus, so don't worry about things like stats and whatnot

3. Try to have good type coverage, a few dual types, try not to have too many all waters or something

Cheers :)

Got a feeling I'll be a bit overwhelmed with the hundreds of new Pokemon they added since I stopped collecting cards/watching the show. Would you recommend checking the evlolutions before doing it, or take my chances and see what happens? When you evolve a Pokemon, does it become instantly stronger, or temporarily weaker?

Salvadora

Until fairly recently it was tedious as fuck to have a full team of Pokemon.

Vs. Seeker & the like should be a requirement. But Game Freak, man.

6. I Like To Wear Shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

FootballFan

Give me your starting tips for Pokemon

@FF, guy? Did you skip Biology at school? :p

?? It was a guy streaming it, he was watching clips of girls dancing and making robots come out of their ass in PlayRoom.

He was having the time of his life lol.

omg topless guy is pissing into his sink.

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers :)

Got a feeling I'll be a bit overwhelmed with the hundreds of new Pokemon they added since I stopped collecting cards/watching the show. Would you recommend checking the evlolutions before doing it, or take my chances and see what happens? When you evolve a Pokemon, does it become instantly stronger, or temporarily weaker?

Instantly stronger when you evolve a Pokemon. Just every single time you see a Pokemon you like, catch it. Rotate on your team if necessary and keep switching them in and out until you have a team you really love. You could check out the evolutions to ones you like I suppose, but by and large they're generally better (in my opinion) than the first forms.

?? It was a guy streaming it, he was watching clips of girls dancing and making robots come out of their ass in PlayRoom.

He was having the time of his life lol.

omg topless guy is pissing into his sink.

Ah, I watched the stream for a few seconds and thought it was the woman streaming it herself. Carry on then :p

edit: Thanks Wilburinho

Wilbur

Banned
Until fairly recently it was tedious as fuck to have a full team of Pokemon.

Vs. Seeker & the like should be a requirement. But Game Freak, man.

6. I Like To Wear Shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

:lol

I always have 6 Pokemon. Too many awesome ones to not have a full team.

The new EXP Share is a fucking GODSEND though

Gonna watch An Adventure In Space and Time nowz

:lol

I always have 6 Pokemon. Too many awesome ones to not have a full team.

The new EXP Share is a fucking GODSEND though

They talked about that on the GB Quicklook but I can't remember it. So there's a Pokemon you choose to start, and he gains XP every battle even if you switch him out on your first move (without losing the move)?

Is there any visual representation of status effects, or do you just have to remember them from the attack descriptions?

edit: I'll google this shit, let you get back to whatever nonsense you're watching :p

Wilbur

Banned
Oh actually first, footy/relationship GAF:

My ex sent me a homemade card today with a snowman on it, Christmas card but she said she couldn't wait to send it. Inside, the entire landscape A4 was covered in writing with a few post it notes as well, saying things like "you have no idea how much I regret hurting and upsetting you, I'm not going to make excuses at all", "I had this feeling that the grass would be greener or I'm missing out on something out there but I really took advantage of you and realised it just isn't"

"I will honestly try anything to make it up to you, I've realised just how good we are together, you're the best friend I've ever had, you're always there for me and care about me, you're the funniest person I know and I really do love you but I've thrown it all back in your face and I'm sorry for this"

"I fully understand if you ignore the letter or that you can't forgive or forget the amount of times I mucked you around but maybe we could go out together one day and clear the air and maybe start everything again, it's taken me far too long to realise things and No matter what happens I hope we will always be friends"

Now. I miss her loads. And love her loads. But its not unreasonable of me to say shit like 'well there still needs to be far more time before I'm willing to consider a relationship again, you have to prove to me that you have changed and you wouldn't betray my trust again and you wouldn't this and that'? I feel like a dick for saying things like that even though I know I'm not in the wrong. She seems very sincere about things, I guess. But I feel like a prick if I don't immediately go "yeah thats fine lets sort it out", when I've actually come on leaps and bounds in the last few months confidence wise and socially. Not that I'd rule out getting back together, just that I wouldn't be able to say one way or another

thats fine right?

bud help me

Wilbur

Banned
one of the comments "hairless beauty" lol.

Wilbs pls stream with FW when you get a ps4.

My god

can I do that? I mean I can parade around the room and you all can watch me through the PS4?

its happening 6 DAYS

They talked about that on the GB Quicklook but I can't remember it. So there's a Pokemon you choose to start, and he gains XP every battle even if you switch him out on your first move (without losing the move)?

Is there any visual representation of status effects, or do you just have to remember them from the attack descriptions?

edit: I'll google this shit, let you get back to whatever nonsense you're watching :p

There is visual representations of status effects at the end of every turn.

The way the new EXP share works is if you select it, every Pokemon who takes part in taking down an opposition Pokemon gets the full amount of EXP while other pokemon in your party get half of it. It used to work that the Pokemon who beat the opposition got half and only one more Pokemon in your party got half. The new one is fantastic for training an entire team at the same time.

FootballFan

So there's a Pokemon you choose to start, and he gains XP every battle even if you switch him out on your first move (without losing the move)?

What you talking about? You mean like, having a shitty level 7, leaving him first in the lineup, switch him out as soon as the battle starts so he gains exp?

Yes. That works. But the other pokemon will get to attack whoever your replacement.

Just play the game and you'll learn that way, stop googling and asking shit or I'll make an anti-david cage thread

My god

can I do that? I mean I can parade around the room and you all can watch me through the PS4?

its happening 6 DAYS.

Of course you can, but you will need to have the camera. Buy it pls FW. Too good haha.

What you talking about? You mean like, having a shitty level 7, leaving him first in the lineup, switch him out as soon as the battle starts so he gains exp?

Yes. That works. But the other pokemon will get to attack whoever your replacement.

Just play the game and you'll learn that way, stop googling and asking shit or I'll make an anti-david cage thread
Make one anyway lots of people will agree with you :p

Getting the camera with the PS4 bundle so you can all watch me and Wilbz fight/play with the dog/laugh at the funny shit our dad does/chat shit/troll people.

prepare for death

My god

its happening 6 DAYS

There is visual representations of status effects at the end of every turn.

The way the new EXP share works is if you select it, every Pokemon who takes part in taking down an opposition Pokemon gets the full amount of EXP while other pokemon in your party get half of it. It used to work that the Pokemon who beat the opposition got half and only one more Pokemon in your party got half. The new one is fantastic for training an entire team at the same time.

Cool. So the other option is for those old-timer knobends who choose inferior options for the sake of tradition? :p

@FF, build a bridge

arkon

My ex sent me a homemade card today with a snowman on it, Christmas card but she said she couldn't wait to send it. Inside, the entire landscape A4 was covered in writing with a few post it notes as well, saying things like "you have no idea how much I regret hurting and upsetting you, I'm not going to make excuses at all", "I had this feeling that the grass would be greener or I'm missing out on something out there but I really took advantage of you and realised it just isn't"

"I will honestly try anything to make it up to you, I've realised just how good we are together, you're the best friend I've ever had, you're always there for me and care about me, you're the funniest person I know and I really do love you but I've thrown it all back in your face and I'm sorry for this"

"I fully understand if you ignore the letter or that you can't forgive or forget the amount of times I mucked you around but maybe we could go out together one day and clear the air and maybe start everything again, it's taken me far too long to realise things and No matter what happens I hope we will always be friends"

Now. I miss her loads. And love her loads. But its not unreasonable of me to say shit like 'well there still needs to be far more time before I'm willing to consider a relationship again, you have to prove to me that you have changed and you wouldn't betray my trust again and you wouldn't this and that'? I feel like a dick for saying things like that even though I know I'm not in the wrong. She seems very sincere about things, I guess. But I feel like a prick if I don't immediately go "yeah thats fine lets sort it out", when I've actually come on leaps and bounds in the last few months confidence wise and socially. Not that I'd rule out getting back together, just that I wouldn't be able to say one way or another

thats fine right?

bud help me

You have to think long and hard about the trust issue. Do you see yourself being in a position where you can trust her not to fuck you around?

Also ask her if she'll let you do anal.

wedward

thats fine right?

bud help me

Just remember things will never be the same. Whatever you once had, it's gone.

And imagine the nightmare of it happening again.

Wilbur

Banned
Of course you can, but you will need to have the camera. Buy it pls FW. Too good haha.

Is it a PS Eye? Think we already have one. Might be wrong.

I used to love getting my arse out on Eyetoy.

yes

Cool. So the other option is for those old-timer knobends who choose inferior options for the sake of tradition? :p

@FF, build a bridge

Nah you can't make that choice in the new games, it only works one way. But trust me, Pokemon cunts like KidA are the worse

"BLACK CHARIZARD THEY'RE RUINING MY CHILDHOOD"
* black charizard has been around since 2000

You have to think long and hard about the trust issue. Do you see yourself being in a position where you can trust her not to fuck you around?

Also ask her if she'll let you do anal.

Just remember things will never be the same. Whatever you once had, it's gone.

And imagine the nightmare of it happening again.

Done anal already. Numerous times #iamhappybutidonotsmile

You and Wedward make great points though. Hmm. Gonna need to think long and hard innit.

Kassu

Banned
I'm really slow at playing Pokemon games. Didn't even buy Black 2/White 2 or X/Y just because I'm still playing SoulSilver lol. Started playing it when I bought my 3DS at summer 2012 and now I'm soon at the Pokemon League. Guess I just like to play it on my own pace and collect every Pokemon I see, I don't really care about fighting.

Did you manage to get it from Sainsburys?

I'm legit pissed off about Sainsburys Entertainment. It was great for preordering stuff when the discount went up, and for when you can't find/be arsed to find stuff in-store
Yeah I did. Got it for £11.50 :p

Sainsburys cancelled my PS4 pre-order back in August without explaining why, cunts.

Labadal

thats fine right?

bud help me

You should have a proper talk with her.

bud

wilbury, all i can tell you is that if i'd been in a situation like that, and i'd gotten back with her, then in the back of my mind, i'd always think "this fucking bitch still cheated on me..." no matter how much she'd try convincing me she was sorry etc. i just don't think i could live with that.

the only advice i can give you is to follow your heart. maybe you love this girl so much that you're willing to forgive her. i don't know, man. i can only tell you i wouldn't be able to do it, i'd just move on.

and the fact that you'd feel like a dick if you'd tell you need more time only means that you're good people. i love you, man.

FootballFan

I'm really slow at playing Pokemon games. Didn't even buy Black 2/White 2 or X/Y just because I'm still playing SoulSilver lol. Started playing it when I bought my 3DS at summer 2012 and now I'm soon at the Pokemon League. Guess I just like to play it on my own pace and collect every Pokemon I see, I don't really care about fighting.

Hahaha I am slow as shit when I play Pokemon too, have mentioned that here a few times. I talk to every person, look for every item, catch every pokemon etc.

Only have 2 badges in Pokemon X and just got to the MegaEvolution Guru lol.

Yeah I did. Got it for £11.50 :p

Sainsburys cancelled my PS4 pre-order back in August without explaining why, cunts.

How did you get it for that price? Nectar points?

Did you order the PS4 instore or online? If the latter, that's weird since I ordered around August as well and nothing's gone wrong (yet.) Justin King must have read your post having a pop at your job :p

Did you get that holiday sorted out?

Wilbur

Banned
wilbury, all i can tell you is that if i'd been in a situation like that, and i'd gotten back with her, then in the back of my mind, i'd always think "this fucking bitch still cheated on me..." no matter how much she'd try convincing me she was sorry etc. i just don't think i could live with that.

the only advice i can give you is to follow your heart. maybe you love this girl so much that you're willing to forgive her. i don't know, man. i can only tell you i wouldn't be able to do it, i'd just move on.

and the fact that you'd feel like a dick if you'd tell you need more time only means that you're good people. i love you, man.

love you too homes x

Gonna need to wait it out. Asked her if she wants to go get dinner this week and then we'll talk about some things. Not gonna let her dictate what I want to do though, I think if I'm being honest I'd rather just be friends but I feel like I'd be letting her down if I said otherwise.

Mind you, I've only seen her twice in the last three months, things might change if I see her again. Dunno.

Wait, she cheated on you? That's the line for me. There would be no going back if so.

Yeah, she did. Broke up with me, got a new boyfriend, but they've broken up. I'm a stupid boy for even considering it I guess.

Salvadora

Sorry to hear about that Wilbur. Your peace of mind is the most important thing.
I bought White 2 in August and I'm only on badge 6.

I don't know how to explain it. I love Pokemon, but I rarely want to play it. Anyone else get that? I've turned into a casual without realising it.

How did you get it for that price? Nectar points?

Did you order the PS4 instore or online? If the latter, that's weird since I ordered around August as well and nothing's gone wrong (yet.) Justin King must have read your post having a pop at your job :p

Did you get that holiday sorted out?
Yeah, nectar points, (£20 worth :p) and discount.

Also, I ordered it online. They also cancelled a few things before that PS4, I just went with Amazon in the end, I trust them a lot more than my work lol :p

Yeah I think so, must ask tomorrow, Lost my fucking cutter so I have to go to HR anyway :p

Labadal

love you too homes x

Gonna need to wait it out. Asked her if she wants to go get dinner this week and then we'll talk about some things. Not gonna let her dictate what I want to do though, I think if I'm being honest I'd rather just be friends but I feel like I'd be letting her down if I said otherwise.

Mind you, I've only seen her twice in the last three months, things might change if I see her again. Dunno.

Yeah, she did. Broke up with me, got a new boyfriend, but they've broken up. I'm a stupid boy for even considering it I guess.

I wouldn't call you stupid. That's the line for me, but that doesn't mean it's the line for you. Think about it, and maybe have a serious talk with her and see what can happen in the future. I have a friend or two that had cheating girlfriends and are now back together (and married with kids). I guess I have trust issues.

Arnie

I'm like Bud, I'd always have that nagging thought in the back of my head. That's just how I am, I'm a bit of a pessimist and I'd constantly be thinking about these things. I can't turn a blind eye to stuff that I think is wrong, or wrongs me.

I'm like Bud, I'd always have that nagging thought in the back of my head. That's just how I am, I'm a bit of a pessimist and I'd constantly be thinking about these things. I can't turn a blind eye to stuff that I think is wrong, or wrongs me.

Is this how you feel about Dalglish?

Kassu

Banned
Hahaha I am slow as shit when I play Pokemon too, have mentioned that here a few times. I talk to every person, look for every item, catch every pokemon etc.

Only have 2 badges in Pokemon X and just got to the MegaEvolution Guru lol.
My uncle always taught me to speak everyone in JRPG games since they might say something important or give you something. What a shitty advice, they never say or give me anything meaningful. And yet I still do it.

I don't know how to explain it. I love Pokemon, but I rarely want to play it. Anyone else get that? I've turned into a casual without realising it.
I have this problem also. I only play Pokemon few times in a month and then forget about it until somebody mentions it again. But when I'm actually playing I really enjoy it, that feeling of exploration is something you can't get from anywhere else.

Yeah, nectar points, (£20 worth :p) and discount.

Also, I ordered it online. They also cancelled a few things before that PS4, I just went with Amazon in the end, I trust them a lot more than my work lol :p

Yeah I think so, must ask tomorrow, Lost my fucking cutter so I have to go to HR anyway :p

For a £multi-billion company, they fucking skimp on the cutters and gloves don't they? :p

Gonna sell some stuff at CEX in the afternoon, try and combine it with Nectar points to get Zelda without spending a single pound of actual money :D

My uncle always taught me to speak everyone since they might say something important or give you something. What a shitty advice, they never say or give me anything meaningful. And yet I still do it.

Christ,hope there wren't too many nonces in your area :p

wedward

Same. There is no way I would ever get that out of my mind.

Wilbur

Banned
Someone link this stream again looool

does this confirm PS4 has won the console war

I wouldn't call you stupid. That's the line for me, but that doesn't mean it's the line for you. Think about it, and maybe have a serious talk with her and see what can happen in the future. I have a friend or two that had cheating girlfriends and are now back together (and married with kids). I guess I have trust issues.

Yeah, I guess its just not rushing things innit. Its far too early to say that we could get back together, but then I wouldn't want to entirely rule it out. But bud and Arnie make good points, it probably would always be in the back of my mind. I'll see. Thanks man.

wilbury ex-gf photos, pls

Jupp, beheaded americans photos, pls

Is this how you feel about Dalglish?

:loooooooooooooool

Top Bottom