• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Mastadon

Banned
I have been to Tesco and made great savings

1458678_10151761142082479_1279982255_n.jpg

Was £260 odd, paid £100. Just under £2.80 a bottle.

Dat PwC paycheck

Kassu

Banned
Thank god international break is over. Almost fell asleep whenever I tried to watch any of the qualifications or friendlies.

Not sure what I expect from the match against Southampton tomorrow though. Scoring seemed to be our problem at Old Trafford and scoring will probably be even harder against Southampton. Expecting a draw to be honest..
Bendtner hat-trick pls

Arnie

Arsenal v Southampton is going to be great tomorrow, as is the Chelsea match. Feel like West Ham will get something from the latter, Chelsea are just such a vulnerable club this season.

Yen

Arsene Wenger: Arsenal can win the title without signing a striker in January because of Theo Walcott option
The Gunners boss believes England winger Walcott and Lukas Podolski can provide back-up for to Olivier Giroud.

“Theo gives us qualities that other players haven’t got. It’s a different option. Theo also gives us an opportunity to be a mobile striker. If we lose Giroud today we have nobody with body weight up front.

“I think we can win the title without signing a striker. Podolski is not back but he shouldn’t be too far now. They make it less critical to sign a striker.

“It is always difficult in the middle of the season. If somebody is doing well somewhere the clubs do not necessarily want to sell him. They can wait until the end of the season. Most of the time it is because we didn’t find.”
Oh dear.

wedward

Arsenal v Southampton is going to be great tomorrow, as is the Chelsea match. Feel like West Ham will get something from the latter, Chelsea are just such a vulnerable club this season.

Great games all weekend. Hoping for a Spurs City draw. Wish the Liverpool game wasn't so damn early tomorrow.

Arnie

Proper nervous about this Southampton match, I've watched them a few times this season and they look legit.

They are legit.

Southampton aint going anywhere soon, and they'll press a few teams to death. Really want them to snatch a point from you tomorrow, but I'm expecting you guys to bounce back. We'd put serious pressure on with a win, and against Everton I'd go fucking batshit. I'll either be elated or beyond depressed at 3pm tomorrow.

Labadal

Anyone why Borell left us? Out of contract?

I really hope that we don't play a 352/532 lineup tomorrow. I want a 433/4231.

wedward

I never forget fat Zlatan Bendtner.

Even a mild squad signing-esque cover would make all the difference compared to Bendtner fat Zlatan.

I definitely think we will sign someone. Bendtner will leave this summer so we will need a replacement for him. I see us signing a Bendtner replacement this January and hopefully a top class striker this summer.

Wilbur

Banned
No, but Roy fucking Hodgson ran him to the end of the Earth on a dead leg in a pissing friendly the berk.

Can't stand that man. I really want him to be kegged in front of the world at the Maracana.

Nervous for tomorrow. My Nandos wings are spinning around without properly digesting.

I remember you saying you never had the wings before, did you like them? I get them for my staff meal; peri tamer wings with chips, garlic bread and a halloumi. mmmmmmm

Salvadora

All professional athletes are carrying minor injuries. Everyone gets banged up. He hasn't missed many games as an Arsenal player because of injuries.

Undoubtedly so, but Arsenal and injuries man...

We could have had Guardiola-era roided Messi and still lost him for a year.

FootballFan

Unintentional, lol

:(

he looks like a total bro. i would genuinely hang out with him.

and i didn't care about this live streaming thing when it was first announced, but it's kinda cool, actually.

He is hilarious. Doesn't give a shit.

Respect.

He is molesting the pizza though..whatever that means.

edit
lolololol he is putting it down his pants, in his pockets, then taking bites. haha

Arnie

Oh dear what? He's right. Until the summer window the players we have will have to do. Getting top class strikers in January is next to impossible.
iqeCfD0wHeOF9.gif

I remember you saying you never had the wings before, did you like them? I get them for my staff meal; peri tamer wings with chips, garlic bread and a halloumi. mmmmmmm
I get them when I'm being proper fucking indulgent.

Tonight I wanted something rewarding and sumptuous, and wasn't too preoccupied with quantity. You get more chicken with a half, but sucking those five hot wings dry and washing it down with a glug of Dr Pepper is as close to a tastebud orgasm as you can get. Pure heaven and just what I needed.

Suarez is a unique situation because of his biting ban while playing for Ajax and Sturridge was luck. He was brought for game time and came to be decent. The quality of striker we need to bring in needs to be much better than players like Struddige.
:lol "Sturridge was luck"

puddle logic

good fucking luck finding a striker better than Sturridge

I personally feel whoever you'll bring in will be on the same level as Giroud.

Wilbur

Banned
Struddige.

im dead

I get them when I'm being proper fucking indulgent.

Tonight I wanted something rewarding and sumptuous, and wasn't too preoccupied with quantity. You get more chicken with a half, but sucking those five hot wings dry and washing it down with a glug of Dr Pepper is as close to a tastebud orgasm as you can get. Pure heaven and just what I needed.

Yesssss baby, sucking them off the bone gives me real teat erections

Lightning

Banned
:lol "Sturridge was luck"

puddle logic

good fucking luck finding a striker better than Sturridge

I personally feel whoever you'll bring in will be on the same level as Giroud.
Same level as Giroud? Says the man who thought in the summer all we would get is Remy and Cesar. We came out with outstanding Ozil!

Top Bottom