• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

For a £multi-billion company, they fucking skimp on the cutters and gloves don't they? :p

Gonna sell some stuff at CEX in the afternoon, try and combine it with Nectar points to get Zelda without spending a single pound of actual money :D
Nice :D what kind of stuff?

And yeah I didn't have one with the fucking stretchy lead, so I'd like to get one of them if possible. I used to have one, but I lost it in the great fire of London :p

Also, I think I have about 3 pairs of gloves in my locker all with holes in them. lol.

Labadal

Dortmund - Munich tomorrow. Was supposed to be there with my brother and cousins but I couldn't get two days off work. (They traveled on Thursday.)

Arnie

It's ten past one, I'm shattered, but I've just walked to Maccies with a housemate.

Now I've got a hamburger and a coke.

How did this happen.

Nice :D what kind of stuff?

And yeah I didn't have one with the fucking stretchy lead, so I'd like to get one of them if possible. I used to have one, but I lost it in the great fire of London :p

Also, I think I have about 3 pairs of gloves in my locker all with holes in them. lol.

Jak&Daxter trilogy (got them digital now)
Buzz: Quiz TV
Logitech Wireless Keyboard (wouldn't be surprised if I got a call about it being broken, the lag is horrendous)
Turtle Beach P11s

If they have Pulse Elites in there I might trade them rather than sell. Or trade them for a Band of Brothers boxset if possible.

I ended up buying like 20 pairs of gloves from someone on ebay, the Sains ones are so shite and rarely handed out. At Maidenhead they're given on a first come first serve basis, and people on checkouts get in there before the people that actually need them :s

Arnie

I hope the Everton players say that after our game tomorrow.
I think that's why I'm here. Because trying to sleep is futile.

May as we'll fill myself with sugary syrup and use the stimulated brain activity to visualise Jordan Henderson screaming in delight.

The Daily Mail will go apeshit over twitch. "Paedos watching your children play"

Most certainly

Well, the stream for this one died immediately after that comment popped up. Mom killed it.

TQ242H3.jpg

Oh actually first, footy/relationship GAF:

My ex sent me a homemade card today with a snowman on it, Christmas card but she said she couldn't wait to send it. Inside, the entire landscape A4 was covered in writing with a few post it notes as well, saying things like "you have no idea how much I regret hurting and upsetting you, I'm not going to make excuses at all", "I had this feeling that the grass would be greener or I'm missing out on something out there but I really took advantage of you and realised it just isn't"

"I will honestly try anything to make it up to you, I've realised just how good we are together, you're the best friend I've ever had, you're always there for me and care about me, you're the funniest person I know and I really do love you but I've thrown it all back in your face and I'm sorry for this"

"I fully understand if you ignore the letter or that you can't forgive or forget the amount of times I mucked you around but maybe we could go out together one day and clear the air and maybe start everything again, it's taken me far too long to realise things and No matter what happens I hope we will always be friends"

Now. I miss her loads. And love her loads. But its not unreasonable of me to say shit like 'well there still needs to be far more time before I'm willing to consider a relationship again, you have to prove to me that you have changed and you wouldn't betray my trust again and you wouldn't this and that'? I feel like a dick for saying things like that even though I know I'm not in the wrong. She seems very sincere about things, I guess. But I feel like a prick if I don't immediately go "yeah thats fine lets sort it out", when I've actually come on leaps and bounds in the last few months confidence wise and socially. Not that I'd rule out getting back together, just that I wouldn't be able to say one way or another

thats fine right?

bud help me

Personally I would tell her to go shove her first up her arse, she had her chance and she blew it now she has to live with the consequences

But that's just me, I've never been friends with any of my exs and have always moved on to someone else pretty quickly and forgotten about them.

But yeah I would say don't rush into anything, think long and hard about what she did and whether she could potentially do it again and whether it's worth that risk. As well as the trust issues you may have going forwards etc because a relationship won't work if their isn't trust

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Wilbury <3

I'll make this simple for you (mostly because I'm not fluent enough to give proper advice lewl) and I'll put it in one of those lists you love so much:

-People don't change.
-Never get back to an ex.
-She CHEATED on you. Like, went out of her away and inserted another man's penis into her vagina while she was dating you.

Maybe you need closure, I dunno, but don't get back to her. Plenty of better options out there.
like bud or bacon

hands off bacon

K1LLER7

@Wilbury <3

I'll make this simple for you (mostly because I'm not fluent enough to give proper advice lewl) and I'll put it in one of those lists you love so much:

-People don't change.
-She CHEATED on you. Like, went out of her away and inserted another man's penis into her vagina while she was dating you.

Maybe you need closure, I dunno, but don't get back to her. Plenty of better options out there.
Listen to this man.

Forza Yurt

Arnie

You have started to sack some of the clever ones innit ?

Whilst I like Borrell and McParland it has to be noted that the last standout scouser to come through our academy will captain the side at the age of 33 tomorrow. With the natural footballing resources we have in this city we have to make more of it, and create a production line that not only brings the players in but gets them playing with a style and intensity that allows for the most seamless of transitions to the first team.

If Rodgers wants Inglethorpe to have a greater hand in the academy then so be it, if Kenny wants to get involved then I'm fine with that, or if we indeed want to bring in direct replacements then that'll also be welcome.

The proof is in the pudding and I don't care who cooks it.

Wilbur

Banned
@Wilbury <3

-People don't change.

like bud or bacon

hands off bacon

Cheers man. Think I needed to hear this. My mum's not here this weekend and I usually speak to her lol, but you're a more than adequate replacement.

Love you footyGAF

now lets celebrate real football being back

Arnie

The weekend is here.

Yes.

Yesssss.

What's everyone been up to. How are you all.

I miss Slizz.

I had a Nandos, then a wank, then a Maccies.

Now I'm sat here with a belly bulge watching Boardwalk Empire but my eyes are stinging.

I'm so excited for tomorrow.

Zabojnik

I just found out that the fine establishment I work at will be hosting some sort of strip tease / erotic show in a few days. Only VIP guests are invited, so I'm assuming it'll be something quite ... high class. I love my job sometimes.

L1NETT

The weekend is here.

Yes.

Yesssss.

I miss Slizz.

Finished arrow Season 1. Fucking excellent. Trying to catch up in time for the 4th December episode.
Barry Allen motherfucka

Popping down to Shitlton Keynes for the game tomorrow.

Prem football may be the back, but the best football never left.

Arnie

how come no one want me man

0XBeK37.jpg

do one

Every day there's a new story about some virgin you're about to sacrifice.

And I agree Viva. I had a hamburger and a coke and now I feel terrible. Think I'll just slump into a foetal position and whistle ynwa.

watched England suck yesterday/today :(

2 presentations done and assignment due Monday. Dat Uni life.

Januzaj better play on Sunday. Moyes pls.
When I woke up and saw the score I wasn't even surprised. Idiots.

Final year right? Shit son, you must be stressed.
Youre probably not even even...which means you really should be stressed.

Writing a paper. Dealing with garbage that doesn't compare to Wilbz's stuff - although his solution (Yurt da man) is easier and more obvious. Marvelling at how much Pacific Rim sucks.
Still not seen Pacific Rim. I'll probably never bother now.

Job applications.

Visiting my 6 week old niece.

Getting excited for the GAF DotA2 mid-tier tourney this weekend.
Congrats!

Good luck with the job apps. Feed off kharma's positive energy.

Finished arrow Season 1. Fucking excellent. Trying to catch up in time for the 4th December episode.
Barry Allen motherfucka

Popping down to Shitlton Keynes for the game tomorrow.

Prem football may be the back, but the best football never left.
What is Arrow?

I am watching The Thick Of It. It's well good...and scarily accurate at times..

The weekend is here.

Yes.

Yesssss.

I miss Slizz.
Eh, not much. Got a new card through the post this week. Last one was cancelled due to some sort of iTunes fraud or whatever, so I figured it'd be easier just to get a new card.

Other than that...work lol.

L1NETT

What is Arrow?

I am watching The Thick Of It. It's well good...and scarily accurate at times..

Finish The Thick of It. Then watch it again. And then again to soak it in.

"i'm all ears, I'm Andrew Marr"

---

Arrow is a fun, shockingly acted really camp show. Barrowman is one of the villains ffs. It's about, well Green Arrow (DC hero) and has some DC chaps pop out and or about to pop up......

K1LLER7

When I woke up and saw the score I wasn't even surprised. Idiots.

Final year right? Shit son, you must be stressed.
Youre probably not even even...which means you really should be stressed.

Yeah, final year. Add applying for grad jobs to the list too :(

Can't wait to get it all out of the way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
how come no one want me man

c'mere

119477_o.gif

I just found out that the fine establishment I work at will be hosting some sort of strip tease / erotic show in a few days. Only VIP guests are invited, so I'm assuming it'll be something quite ... high class. I love my job sometimes.

WHOAAAAAAAAAA

zabo pls, hook me up with a fine Slovenian chick with big knockers.

1) Absolutely fuck all
2) Quite content. Got a nephew/niece on the way in a matter of days, PS4 is out in 6 days, 3DS seems great, and I wasn't the worst player on the pitch earlier :p
Hope everything goes smoothly mate.

You bought a 3DS? Not sure why but that surprises me...

Eh, not much. Got a new card through the post this week. Last one was cancelled due to some sort of iTunes fraud or whatever, so I figured it'd be easier just to get a new card.

Other than that...work lol.
Hate it when you get a new card. Have to add it to your paypal/amazon/etc etc accounts. Effort.

Finish The Thick of It. Then watch it again. And then again to soak it in.

"i'm all ears, I'm Andrew Marr"

---

Arrow is a fun, shockingly acted really camp show. Barrowman is one of the villains ffs. It's about, well Green Arrow (DC hero) and has some DC chaps pop out and or about to pop up......
That sounds like a show I am more than happy to pass on...

Yeah, final year. Add applying for grad jobs to the list too :(

Can't wait to get it all out of the way.
Good luck man. Applying for jobs and dealing with the workload is really tough.

Btw do you know what time the Pacquiao fight is tmrw?

GorillaJu

So you guys who are enjoying A Link Between Worlds, have you ever played A Link to the Past?

I ask because I think it'd be funny if you younger generation had never experienced ALTTP but are getting a chance to now for the first time with the remake and, it'd make me happy if nostalgia wasn't a factor and people just enjoyed the gameplay/world that was originally made in 1991

ALTTP is the best Zelda game, and one of the best games of all time.

Hope everything goes smoothly mate.

You bought a 3DS? Not sure why but that surprises me...

Gonna be induced on Monday if it ain't out by then, kinda hoping for a niece since there are so many boys in the family :D

And the 3DS probably surprises me because of the amount of abuse I direct at Nintendo :p
Didn't even know I wanted one til Pokemon came out. I added you btw, bit stupid that the Friend Codes have to be exchanged both ways rather than it just telling you my nickname and asking if you want to accept, but hey ho.

So you guys who are enjoying A Link Between Worlds, have you ever played A Link to the Past?

I ask because I think it'd be funny if you younger generation had never experienced ALTTP but are getting a chance to now for the first time with the remake and, it'd make me happy if nostalgia wasn't a factor and people just enjoyed the gameplay/world that was originally made in 1991

My first Zelda game, can't wait :D

@Killer, I still use Firefox. Chrome crashes my laptop :(

Yen

Played about 2 hours of ALTTP on my phone (don't ban me), so no I've never really played it. I've said it dozens of times: why does the 3DS e-shop not do SNES emulation?

K1LLER7

Gonna be induced on Monday if it ain't out by then, kinda hoping for a niece since there are so many boys in the family :D

And the 3DS probably surprises me because of the amount of abuse I direct at Nintendo :p
Didn't even know I wanted one til Pokemon came out. I added you btw, bit stupid that the Friend Codes have to be exchanged both ways rather than it just telling you my nickname and asking if you want to accept, but hey ho.

My first Zelda game, can't wait :D

@Killer, I still use Firefox. Chrome crashes my laptop :(
IE is starting to randomly crash on me for some reason.

Will try Chrome out.

Top Bottom