• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

dc89

I am replaying MGS2

If only they fleshed out the Tanker section instead of it being a tutorial

Crikey I hate how that game ended up.

It was such a good section. The dialog and cutscenes of that section are incredible.
Remember the beta footage where it showed a part where the tanker was flooding and Snake had a FAMAS!?
I was heartbroken it didn't make the full game.

Wilbur

Banned
He was quiet, but calling Ozil invisible is becoming a meme at this point.

I would take the charge more seriously if I didn't know the posters using it.

He was in between quiet and invisible. Has been for a few games in a row now.

BZxU_bxCEAAd4_H.jpg:larg

Sometimes I wish our derby could be like this.

Then I remember our atmosphere is quite unique in England.

Quinny commentating

give me your tears football gaf

I like derbies where the fans want to murder each other. Fucking Merseyside, why must they have such nice fans and play good football games? Give me a tetchy shitty clank performance and a City fan being hit with a plastic bottle any day

TokiDoki

Arsenal had one dodgy penalty , they are lucky , going to drop points .
.they said .

Manu had dodgy penalties after dodgy penalties after dodgy penalties , they grind results like champions

*Roll eyes

Regardless , we've came through Liverpool , Manu , Southampton with 6 out of possible 9 points and a win against Dortmund away . That's pretty good result and credit had to be given where its due . Just hopefully with Walcott back , he'll be starting to contribute more .

Wilbur

Banned
Had a great pass to Theo that Theo fucked up. He looked dangerous in the box playing one-twos.

How does us crying because he got tackled have anything to do with his performance?

Because you're far too defensive of his performances.

United fans would jump at the chance of having a "quiet" Ozil in their midfield, so its all good

Nah, you're alright. Don't need him considering we already have too many players to fit effectively into his position. But its okay baby, you can think what you want. Our '10' outplayed yours emphatically when we played a few weeks ago.

wedward

Salva stop crying about United fans who don't hold your opinion on things.

You sound like Meus.

I don't think he is crying because they don't hold the same opinion.

I think it more has to do with constantly saying "so and so was in his pocket" and he "was invisible" lower the quality of discourse.

And we wouldn't want that.

Salvadora

Salva stop crying about United fans who don't hold your opinion on things.

You sound like Meus.
I honestly couldn't care less, but I just pointed out that that argument only seems to come from one set of fans. We won, that is all that matters.

And anyway, we all know the extenuating circumstances surrounded the United match.

wedward

Nah, you're alright. Don't need him considering we already have too many players to fit effectively into his position. But its okay baby, you can think what you want. Our '10' outplayed yours emphatically when we played a few weeks ago.

This is how I know you are trolling. Rooney ran a lot, but going forward he was shit.

Wilbur

Banned
I honestly couldn't care less, but I just pointed out that that argument only seems to come from one set of fans. We won, that is all that matters.

And anyway, we all know the extenuating circumstances surrounded the United match.

What extenuating circumstances were they?

This is how I know you are trolling. Rooney ran a lot, but going forward he was shit.

What you just said doesn't negate my opinion on Ozil's performance against us and Rooney's superiority over him during the match. Irrespective if that was the case, that Rooney was shit going forward... Ozil was indeed invisible. Jones had him under his thumb all game.

Clegg

I don't think he is crying because they don't hold the same opinion.

I think it more has to do with constantly saying "so and so was in his pocket" and he "was invisible" lower the quality of discourse.

And we wouldn't want that.

As I keep saying: any chance of a high quality discourse was destroyed years ago.

Kermit ruined everything.

Edit: And Ozil genuinely was terrible against United. You may make light of Rooney's "running around a lot", but that was something Ozil failed to do altogether. I specifically remember him giving up on a number of passes because he wasn't arsed to follow it.

Lightning

Banned
He was in between quiet and invisible. Has been for a few games in a row now.
He was very good against Liverpool and got an assist in that game and against Dortmund away was very good again providing the perfect chip/cross that led to Ramsey's winner.

So few games in a row is 2 games?

Wilbur

Banned
He was very good against Liverpool and got an assist in that game and against Dortmund away was very good again providing the perfect chip/cross that led to Ramsey's winner.

So few games in a row is 2 games?

sorry

couple

couple = 2

few = 3

im so sorry

im so sorry lightning

im so sorry

bud

It was such a good section. The dialog and cutscenes of that section are incredible.
Remember the beta footage where it showed a part where the tanker was flooding and Snake had a FAMAS!?
I was heartbroken it didn't make the full game.

the tanker did flood, though.

kojima just put the famas in there to make the trailer seem more exciting. there's also a very action packed sequence in one of the pantries, i believe, that's also impossible because you don't have the guns at that point.

and there another bit in the trailer where he's running away from the bombs going off, but they ended up taking that out of the game because it wasn't good enough or whatever.

fantastic game. the atmosphere of a rainy, windy night is unrivalled even to this day.

i was watching the first few minutes of the new killzone on my tv the other day. the rain looks like strings of cum.

Wilbur

Banned
Carlton Cole and Modibo Maiga must have such little self confidence at the moment looooool, Sam playing 4-6-0 in every match

Salvadora

What extenuating circumstances were they?
The flu, innit.

There was talk of him even missing the German friendlies because of it. But anyway, this is pointless. It was directed at the invisible comments, I fully agree that he hasn't been his usual self recently.

bud

is it wrong that i don't feel like watching dortmund vs. bayern? because i really don't.

might watch madrid later tonight.

dc89

the tanker did flood, though.

kojima just put the famas in there to make the trailer seem more exciting. there's also a very action packed sequence in one of the pantries, i believe, that's also impossible because you don't have the guns at that point.

and there another bit in the trailer where he's running away from the bombs going off, but they ended up taking that out of the game because it wasn't good enough or whatever.

fantastic game. the atmosphere of a rainy, windy night is unrivalled even to this day.

Yeah I think the pantry bit was from the beta. Along with a shot of him running towards the camera with water crashing around behind him.

Yeah - I could play the tanker section all day erry day. It's incredible.

Clegg

is it wrong that i don't feel like watching dortmund vs. bayern? because i really don't.

You're not wrong.

These games are reaching the same levels of unbearable that Clasico's already inhabit.

Wilbur

Banned
The flu, innit.

There was talk of him even missing the German friendlies because of it. But anyway, this is pointless. It was directed at the invisible comments, I fully agree that he hasn't been his usual self recently.

Didn't even know he had the flu aha! Must explain the red watery eyes

I have a stream open and Chelsea on the telly, but I can't see anything other than a bayerm win really

Gonna watch them, then Doctor Who, then Atletico

wedward

I fully agree that he hasn't been his usual self recently.

I think part of the issue is Wenger seems to be playing him heavily on the right. With Walcott out we haven't really had any pace on the right. The prematch formation showed Ramsey on the right, but he actually played in the center with Arteta. Jack seemed to be more central and that pushed Ozil out right. With Theo back providing more natural width, that should allow Ozil to play down the middle more.

Zabojnik

Fuck Wiziwig and Acestream. Why did everybody switch from Sopcast to that? The streams are always ~5 minutes behind the live action.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think that's one of the dumbest penalties I've ever seen. What was Demel doing?

Top Bottom