• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Salvadora

Southampton a tad unlucky to be losing this. Haven't done much to warrant a win but drew the only notable save of the match out of Sczez, and both the Arsenal goals have been through mistakes, not through Arse quality
Proper post-international performance.

But we won, and deserved to win.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Southampton a tad unlucky to be losing this. Haven't done much to warrant a win but drew the only notable save of the match out of Sczez, and both the Arsenal goals have been through mistakes, not through Arse quality

Not unlucky at all. Boruc is dodgy and when a keeper makes that kind of error it's impossible to win. We had those kinds of mistakes from Gomes and it saps the strength of the entire team. Unless you equalise quickly those gaffes always cost you the match.

phaze

Agreed, our inability to score or even put their defense under more pressure is worrying.

Wilbur

Banned
Not unlucky at all. Boruc is dodgy and when a keeper makes that kind of error it's impossible to win. We had those kinds of mistakes from Gomes and it saps the strength of the entire team.

Maybe I should rephrase that; Arsenal are lucky to be winning. Haven't really created much apart from those two early chances that hit the post (one that was probably a duff cross).

Arnie

Maybe I should rephrase that; Arsenal are lucky to be winning. Haven't really created much apart from those two early chances that hit the post (one that was probably a duff cross).

That's what the best teams do, win when they're flat.

You should fucking know.

clanko

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Very solid win for Arsenal, this is the kind of win that gets you the title. After getting a free goal like that all you have to do is keep the clean sheet.

3Sixty

Good win tho that, expected more from Southampton.

We were shit.

But in fairness, lost our best player before kick off, lost Shaw at HT, had players out of position.

Several players looked knackered due to playing for the shower of shite that is England & U21's

Will beat Chelsea next week though.

Very professional performance, I thought. Made sure not to give them much even if we weren't at our best.

Gibbs really turned it up in the 2nd half, and Szczesny was fantastic at dealing with Ward-Prowse's deliveries, which were my biggest worry going into today. He's having a great season. Arteta was playing much better before he came off too.

doicare

Wow Arsenal were lucky, they were the worst team over 90 minutes and only scored thanks to a goalkeeping gift and a dodgy penalty. They'll be dropping more points and lucky to still be top by the New Year.

Salvadora

I want to make love to this photograph:
BZwyXbYCMAAWX2s.jpg:large
Very professional performance, I thought. Made sure not to give them much even if we weren't at our best.

Gibbs really turned it up in the 2nd half, and Szczesny was fantastic at dealing with Ward-Prowse's deliveries, which were my biggest worry going into today. He's having a great season.
Szczesny has been class this season.

He's been one of the best keepers in the league, and is a playa:

Arnie

please egg, i just said good win

please

go back to watching the welsh metronome destroy his career

I've had two pints of Guinness and now I need a nap.

Joey can go in one of those DBZ time capsules and train for a few centuries whilst Super Saiyan Yann holds the fort.

BZxLfWTCIAACk6Q.jpg:large

Stuck a fiver on Arse, Leverk, and Mourinho's tennis ball head this morning. I'm a Joey O'Brien mistake away from £30.

Yes but like the rest of the team not very well. Boruc aside Southampton pressed our midfield very well, been a while since I've seen such a shit Arteta performance and a lot of it was Southampton pressure.

He had a dodgy first half, but was impressive for 30 mins in the 2nd. Held it down in midfield very well before he was subbed. Hope his injury isn't serious.

wedward

From now on is Ozil considered to be in someones pocket if he doesn't score/assist? He played well and set up Ramsey's beautiful chance. I think he is still adapting to the pace of the epl.

Wilbur

Banned
I've had two pints of Guinness and now I need a nap.

Joey can go in one of those DBZ time capsules and train for a few centuries whilst Super Saiyan Yann holds the fort.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZxLfWTCIAACk6Q.jpg:large[/IM]

Next to future midfield partner Razor Ruddock

Stuck a fiver on Arse, Leverk, and Mourinho's tennis ball head this morning. I'm a Joey O'Brien mistake away from £30.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Yurt, post: 91000556"]This round's XI of dead (work in progress):

Boruc
Brown - Hughes
Allen[/QUOTE]

please refer to clegg

[quote="Clegg, post: 91000718"]Pockets Ozil has visited:

Jones
Wanyama[/QUOTE]

Salvadora

From now on is Ozil considered to be in someones pocket if he doesn't score/assist? He played well and set up Ramsey's beautiful chance. I think he is still adapting to the pace of the epl.
They're trolling or didn't watch the game.

I would genuinely be worried if they thought that.

Hixx

I am replaying MGS2

If only they fleshed out the Tanker section instead of it being a tutorial

Crikey I hate how that game ended up.

Salvadora

Hold on, what do you mean? He was quiet. Didn't do anything save the early Ramsey chance. You all cried every time Wanyama tackled him.
He was quiet, but calling Ozil invisible is becoming a meme at this point.

I would take the charge more seriously if I didn't know the posters using it.

Hixx

BZxU_bxCEAAd4_H.jpg:large

Sometimes I wish our derby could be like this.

Then I remember our atmosphere is quite unique in England.

Quinny commentating

give me your tears football gaf

wedward

Hold on, what do you mean? He was quiet. Didn't do anything save the early Ramsey chance. You all cried every time Wanyama tackled him.

Had a great pass to Theo that Theo fucked up. He looked dangerous in the box playing one-twos.

How does us crying because he got tackled have anything to do with his performance?

Top Bottom